CRO Cancelled Our Reservation! *Update*

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
I am in shock!!! :eek: I have never been so upset in my whole life!!! :(

DH and I were sitting here talking about our reservation at AKL. We thought we'd call CRO and see how much it would cost to upgrade to Savannah view (our reservation was for standard).

So I call CRO and they say, "I'm sorry, your reservation was cancelled on March 30". :eek: :eek: :eek: I thought I was going to pass out. I told her that the CM I spoke with said I could send a check for the deposit, and that it needed to be received by April 11th. I had all the information written down... the date... time... mailing address... etc. She says she can't help me, so I asked to be connected to a supervisor.

I was then connected to Estelle. She basically says that they can't do anything about it and our only option is to book Savannah view for $293 MORE than our standard room. Well, I explain to her that we can't afford to pay that much more.... and I asked her if she can get us ANYTHING at ANY resort for the amount of our cancelled reservation. She says "no".

I can't believe that???? :confused: They cancelled our reservation and they can't get us anything else??? I really don't feel I was at fault... I wrote down the exact directions for how to make the deposit by check, and now my family is being punished. :( I am so sad you guys. :( My son is going to be so upset if we don't go. :( I guess we have to stay off property now. :( How can this be happening???? We go to Disney all the time, is this the way we should be treated???? Can't they give us a room somewhere else without charging us more?? I KNOW there are rooms at several other resorts because I called and checked. :( What are we going to do???????

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. I would call tomorrow and insist on speaking with the top supervisor at CRO. It that does not work then I would go higher. I am very surprised that they would not find you anything else. Please don't give up and let us know what happens.

Take a deep breath! Call again and talk to a different CM and if that dosen't work....a different supervisor. :) There has to be someone there that can help you!!!.

I'd call right back!!! Can you get an AP rate or anything at another resort?

I'm so sorry this happened! Best of luck...

Try not to panic. Send an email tonight. Give them all of the details, dates, etc. We've had it happen before, but everything worked out to our satisfaction. You will get a call back! :)

Cali-D.... They had other rooms available, but they were all hundreds of dollars more than our reservation. :(

What was the date you made the ressie??
Did you get a confirmation in the mail?

You are going soon aren't you??

CALL BACK! Speak to a manager. Politely ask if they anything available...also ask about the current discounts...ie. AP or AAA or American Express.

They should come up with something! ;)

We are going in June. Last Sunday I called to check on any other discounts.....to make a long story short.....
I was offered CSR at the AmerEx rate. I wasn't sure about it. So the CRO ask if I wanted a "14 day courtesy hold" I had never head of anyone using this term. I did get a confirmation #, and expect to get a confirmation paper in the mail. But I have to call back within those 14 days to confirm it. She said they take all Credit cards over the phone now.

Don't know if this helps any, but maybe that is what happened???

But definitely CALL BACK!! ;)

I just made the reservation last week. I carefully wrote down all the instructions for paying the deposit by check and the CM told me it needed to be received by April 11th.

No other discounts are as good as the one we had. We checked DC, but it's only 10% for our dates. :(

If I was you I would keep calling and not stop until you get a room at AKL at the price you were quoted. Be firm and polite and keep working your way up.

Just because the room they quoted you is no longer available does not mean they can't or won't give you a better room at that same price. Be patient...be persistent...be polite and keep asking them the obvious and simple questions such as "I reserved a room at this price, it was cancelled without my knowledge, and now there are no rooms available at the price I was quoted? How can that be? "

They can give you the presidential suite for $25 bucks if they wanted to! Just keep trying until you find someone who wants to help and don't stop trying until you get what you need.

Good Luck!

TigrLvsPooh,

Definitely call back, and make sure that you have all the important information in front of you, like ressie number, day booked, and date deposit was due. Ask to speak to a supervisor, and if they can't help you, tell them that that is unacceptable to you, and ask to speak to someone else in even higher authority.

Make it clear in no uncertain terms that this is their error, and not yours, and that they should make good for it. If that still doesn't work, send an email. You could also try calling the resort itself. One year when we couldn't get any discounts at the YC, even the AAA discount, I called the manager, and finally got in touch with someone who said they would honor the AAA discount when we checked in. (Fortunately, an AP discount became available.)

Good luck, and don't give up!!:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Did the CM say why the reservation was canceled? Have you tried the Swan and Dolphin? They have 50% AP rates. www.expedia.com is showing the Dolphin or $199 for the night of April 10 (not sure of your dates).

Annual Passholder (CFQ) rates start April 21.

denman007 -- The closest rate they had to our original rate was $293 more.

reveric -- That is what I told them. I said they have the capability of making thier mistake correct by extending to us a different room at the original rate we reserved. I said this to Estelle numerous times, and repeatedly her answer was she couldn't help me. I asked to speak with someone else and she told me there was no one else there at that time who had more authority. At least five times I made the remark that if there were rooms availalbe, then the possibility exists that I could have one of those rooms at my original rate. Again, she told me she couldn't help me. She was VERY un-Disney!

Cali-D -- It was cancelled because they said a deposit was not received. But I was told I had until April 11. Yes, they do have other discounted rates at other esorts, but they are at a considerably higher rate than what we had at AKL.

What was the rate you reserved your AKL std view room? What rate are they quoting you now for the AKL std view room?

gepetto -- They would not give us a standard room at any price. AKL is booked for the standard category. Of course, they would of let us book a higher category for a higher price. But we want the standard room we reserved at the price we reserved!

Maybe this will help. I have never ever in my entire life paid for the deposit at the time of booking. It is my understanding that every ressie has a 14 day courtesy hold (10 for DC I believe). If you have a confirmation number you should be okay. This happened to me last year when we added a day to out 7 day land/sea package. We decided to come down a day early and they "lost" our $49 for one night All Star ressie. After calling several times I finally got someone who could help me. It definitely helped that I had the confirmation number with the date of my original ressie. I got my ressie back. We even asked for a room as close to the parking lot as possible and ended up with a poolside room in a Calypso building right next to the food court. We wanted the parking lot view since we were there only for the night until we could check into the Comtemporary. Keep trying.

And by the way, thanks for the reply to my post about deciding between BWV and BVC. I think I am leaning toward BCV so it looks like we may be neighbors. It will be just DH and I travelling and we cannot wait!

ubetiski -- I was told last week, when I made the reservation, that I had until April 11th to make the deposit. The problem is they cancelled my reservation BEFORE April 11th. Even if I would have sent the check immediately after calling CRO they wouldn't have had it by March 30th (the day they cancelled my reservation).

Basically what they are telling me is that I was NOT allowed to pay the deposit by check. Which totally contradicts what the CM told me on the phone last week. If he told me I had to give a credit card deposit then I would have, but he said a check was fine..... as long as it was received by April 11th.

CTPacky - I was planning to mail the check tomorrow (pay day). That would give the check 7 days to reach them... which I thought would be enough. Good thing I called today because the check would have been for nothing since they cancelled my reservation on March 30.

Erika,
were you holding more than one reservation? I had that happen to me when we had more than one but we were able to get ours back.

Whenever I have a problem at a company and can't get a satisfactory answer at night. I always call during the day because most of the supervisors that have authority (and seniority) don't usually work nights.

Try that tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter