CRO Cancelled Our Reservation! *Update*

I would definitely try again. My experience is always different with each cast member. I can definitely understand your frustration. There seems to be a lot of confusion in CRO lately. I think you will be okay if you can reach the right person. I sure wish I could make it all better for you. I wish you the best of luck!!!

We just recently made our reservations through CRO and we too were told that we had 14 days to pay by check. We were also told NOT to mail them the check until we got a statement from them in the mail. The CM told me that was how they were handling it now since another company is handling it. 7 days from the day we made our reservations we recieved the statement in the mail, and returned our check for one nights deposit. With your reservation number I would think if you were real persistent they have to honor that rate.

TigrLvsPooh, I agree with the other posters. I would call up again with your reservation number and ask them why it was canceled if the 14 days had not passed. I wish you good luck.

Erika, I just pm'd you with some information I think will help. And do call back tomorrow and try talking to someone else. This is obviously their mistake and I really think they will make it right. Good luck.:)

sassafrass - We made the reservation March 27, for an April 28 arrival.

Call back and speak with someone else. I did this with Delta and got what I needed and the first person and supervisor said there was nothing they could do. When I called back as soon as I hung up P got all the help I needed and the person did for me what the other person said couldn't be done. Michelle

Then why did they cancel the reservation so soon? Normally when a reservation is made this close to arrival they ask for a CC# to hold it until your arrival or your deposit is made. Sounds like A MISTAKE ON THEIR PART.

sassafrass -- You are right! :) If a person makes a reservation within 30 days of arrival they are required to make a deposit by credit card. I've heard that rule before. However, I made this reservation 31 days prior to arrival. That is why the CM told me a check would be OK.

The supervisor I spoke with today said that the CM I booked my reservation with was wrong and that he would be "dealt with". :eek: I think SHE is the one who is wrong and I sure hope the CM doesn't get in trouble for it.

I would call during the day. Your more experienced supervisors probably work the day shift. Be polite, but keep asking for the next level. The supervisors have a supervisor and so on. (I have been known to complain all the way to the President of American Express) However, no matter how upset you are try not to lose your temper. They report to each other on how you are treating the last person. I always just say. "Thank you for your assistance. However, this is not a satisfactory response, may I speak to your supervisor?"

Originally posted by TigrLvsPooh
The supervisor I spoke with today said that the CM I booked my reservation with was wrong and that he would be "dealt with"

If your original CM did make a mistake, it is still DISNEY'S mistake & they should make things right for you. To admit that it was their fault, rather than yours, but still not fix it is terrible customer service!

I know you feel he did not make a mistake, but if that is their explaination for the ressie being cancelled, then they should make good on their error.

Good luck on getting this fixed tomorrow!

Gillian - I totally agree with you! :) She admitted fault but then said her hands were tied. I didn't believe that for one second... I called back and checked availability for our dates and they had AKL savannah view, WL courtyard view, BC standard and water views, Poly garden view, and GF garden and water views. If we can't have our original room then they should give us a room somewhere else for the same price.

Originally posted by TigrLvsPooh
josierac -- No, we are not holding more than one reservation.

Here is another question for you. Did you reserve this room with a special code? Some of the codes expired on March 30th and even though the agent said that the deposit date was ? it really needed to have a deposit on the last day that the code was offered. I just ran into that tonight when I checked on something.

You know, it doesn't really matter what the actual reason for them cancelling it is. If one of their employees gave out incorrect information, it was their mistake and they should fix it.

And I bet they will :)

Josierac - I just checked mousesavers again and the code we used has not expired. The discount begins on 4/21 and we are arriving on 4/28.

You know, it doesn't really matter what the actual reason for them cancelling it is. If one of their employees gave out incorrect information, it was their mistake and they should fix it.

And I bet they will

I sure hope so. I don't think I'll sleep a wink tonight. :(

I think maybe Josierac meant that the room had to be booked by a certain date.

But anyway, I know it will work out & I am going to sleep now (soundly)!! Please update us :)

I just checked mousesavers again but they didn't give a date that the code had to be booked by.

I think it's still CRO's fault even if they did need the deposit by March 30th because the CM told me to send a check by April 11th.

Oh man... this is going to give me an ulcer. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter