CRO Cancelled Our Reservation! *Update*

Yes, it's wonderful. :) I haven't stopped smiling all day. :) The kids think I've lost my mind. :D

It's amazing that we got a 2 bedroom villa for almost the exact same price as our standard view room at AKL. :eek: DH called his brother to tell him the good news and he doesn't even believe us! :p It really is too good to be true. :)

Thanks again to everyone here at the DIS who offered support during my breakdown last night. I still plan to send a complaint about our reservation being canceled. The next time I make a reservation I'm going to give a credit card for sure, even though a check is supposed to be OK. I just don't want to risk this happening again.

Erika, I am so happy that things worked out for you. I still would let powers that be know what happend!

I know that the number I gave you they can do something! They did it for me!
glad it worked out in the end for you, but make sure that you wrtie to every address that you get ahold of@ and include evryones name and dates of calls etc. Especially stella/Stella...

TigrLvsPooh,

After you stay in the 2 bdrm you will join DVC, because you will never again want to stay in a regular room;) The 2 bdrms at OKW are the greatest. Sorry you had to go through all the stress but I'm so glad for your happy ending. Please post when you get back and let us know how the trip went. Have you ever stayed at OKW? If not, I think you'll be happily surprised :bounce:

Alice Sr.

PS. $5.00 a pt. unheard of, I think this is the Grace of God via all the prayers here.

I agree Alice... definitely a DIS miracle!!! :)

This will be our first time at a DVC resort. :) We are super excited!! :)

I see you're from the western suburbs of Chicago! :) I've got good friends in Deerfield, Lombard, Villa Park, Oak Brook, Oak Park, Lincolnshire, Lake Forest .... all over the place!!! :) I graduated from the University of Illinois! :)

I'm so happy for you. We are new DVC members and can't wait for our first stay Thanksgiving at OKW. Be sure to post when you get back.:)

Erika...so glad all worked out.:D You will love OKW, especially the 2-bedroom. They are very lovely, cozy, romantic, etc. Have fun!:D

I am so happy for you!!! I only wish that CRO had helped you out... I know that eventually they would have... with persistance, of course.

You will love staying in the lap of luxury in that suite. Good things do come to those who wait!

Here's some more pixie dust for a safe and happy trip!*********************************************************************************************************************************************************:D :D :D

Glad to hear you had a happy ending!!! :) Truly deserved after all your frustration with CRO!

Erika, thats great news!!!

I was out of the loop on your cro story, I havent been on the DIS much the last couple of days, and whenever I tried to get on, I got the "we're sorry, boards are being upgraded, try back later"
anyway, I just read your post! too bad about cro!
but ya see, everything has a way of working out for the best!!!
2 bedroom villa! awesome!!! I cant wait to hear how you like OKW! that's our home resort! and we've never stayed there! LOL!!

glad things worked out!!!

Laura :)

I read that you made your reservation on 3/28 for 4/28 arrival and the ressie cxld on 3/30, right? I know that if the reservation is made within 30 days of travel that you must give a credit card to CHARGE the one nights deposit. CRO does not guarantee credit cards anymore. Your reservation was made 31 days out which means the deposit would be due by 3/29 and if not received by 3/29 it will cxl early the following morning, because 3/29 would be 30 days to arrival. Did you get a confirmation in the mail, yet? If it states that the deposit was due 4/11, then you may want to speak with guest services and send them a copy of the confirmation.
I just know this information from past expeirence!

Erika!
That is great news! I'm so glad things have worked out for you. We are at OKW pretty much the same time as you guys and this will be our first stay in OKW. Also have the 2BDR villa, the pictures look fabulous.
What I am sorry to hear about is the lack of help from the Disney folks. It seems more and more we are hearing stories about the quality of customer service slipping. This is truly a shame since they have been thought of by many to set the gold standard in this area. :(

Have agreat vacation:D

Loretta

I am so happy for you Erika!! So glad things worked out!:) Hope you and your family have a great vacation!:)

Tina

Erika,
So VERY GLAD it worked out for you.
I had my CRO woes some time ago I griped about. Disney supervisors will verbally sympathize and say they are wrong. But they won't honor what guests are originally told, even if you have written proof to back it up, as I did.
CRO has no honor as far as I am concerned. I would not go to WDW before I call them again.:p
I wrote the NE Atty General's office about my experience and they requested I file a formal complaint so they could investigate, as what happened between me/CRO was wrong on their end, legally and ethically.
I ended up talking to several Disney heads who did no more than apololgize and vow to speak to dept heads over my situation. And as long as CRO corrects their errors to avoid future troubles with others, that's all I really wanted.
But I wouldn't hold my breathe that anything has changed. I don't trust CRO, and for good reasons.

You know the funniest thing? I left 3 voice mail messages for 3 different people in guest relations, 2 emails to guest communications, 1 message for a supervisor at CRO, and also a message with someone's receptionist at the executive office's and I haven't heard anything back from any of them! :eek: Good thing I rented points or I'd still be sitting here without a reservation.

Glad to hear you got this straightened out! I would have been so very very upset!

UPDATE AGAIN!!! (Thanks to the search feature coming back) ;)

Just thought everyone would like to know that 3 months have gone by and I still haven't received a response from ANY of the voice mail messages I left or e-mails I sent! Isn't that unbelievable??? You'd think they would have at least sent a form letter or something?? :rolleyes:

This was for your trip in April right??
I'm sure if they had tried to contact you they would have tried to before you actually went down there.
Is there a chance they could have and not been able to reach you?? Then once your "date" arrived and went, they may not have felt it would do any good.:confused:

I know when I emailed them, they DID try to call. I was not home, so they left a message. It was almost 4 weeks later when they tried again and I was home.
So maybe the time-frame being so tight.....

Anyway, How was your stay???:D We love OKW!!!

And how are you plans going for your Oct trip?? :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter