CRO Cancelled Our Reservation! *Update*

Oh Erica I truly feel for you. I had a similar problem about 1 1/2 years ago. I kept that poor CM who discovered it on the phone for about 45 minutes. He kept talking to different supervisors for me until he finally got one who would agree that the mistake was not mine, but the original CM who booked the room, and agreed to let us have the room at the original resort, at the original price. Just be persistant, but polite. I think things will work out for you. Here's a little Pixie Dust to get you through the night!*********************************************************************************************************************************************:)

Whoa!!

That is AWFUL

Call back and just be nice, but firm
Cry if you have to (It's my sons birthday..or something...it was NOT your fault)

wow

Good thing you called
What would you of done if you just went as usual? :eek:

I see lots of things here. First, I've been trying to get a reservation for April 26 & 27 at AKL & I have a friend in management at AKL. I heard from them and unfortuneately, AKL is sold out, except for possibly concierge at this time. This doesn't mean some emergency rooms aren't still available (they always are) but you ARE dealing with what they consider a "sold out" period.

Now, your trump card is that you did no wrong. Your best recourse is to continue calling while being polite. If you're too aggresive or adamant you'll get nowhere. Also, don't appear to be asking for an upgrade - even though they may HAVE to do this to settle this matter, if they think you are in some way scamming them for an upgrade you'll be shut down very quickly...So, be polite, state the facts & offer to take less (even though you know there is nothing less).

Lastly, perhaps you should contact the Manager of the Resort, Norm Noble & briefly explain your problem. Even though they don't deal with reservations this far out at the Resort, it is his Resort's reputation on the line...
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

TgrLvsPooh,
Don't give up! Speak to a supervisor or try calling the manager of the AKL. Several years ago we made a last minute trip and had reservations at the WL through SOG.
Since the trip was only a coupla weeks away, we were told not to send money, the reservation was made and we would have to pay on arrival. Well, we arrived and found out we had no where to stay! CRO had cancelled the reservation. They said SOG "told you wrong". A deposit needed to be made at the time of the reservation.
There we were, tired, kids excited and no room. Plus a marathon was scheduled that weekend and there were no rooms at WL.
I asked for a manager. She came right out and listened to my tale of woe then got on the phone and got us a 2BDR villa at BW for $250./night. We had originally booked 2 rooms at WL for $125./night each.
The manager bent over backwards to help and this was in no way her fault!
Our vacation turned out wonderful! Keep moving up the chain of command.

Loretta

Well, I sent an email to guest relations last night explaining everything that happened. At 9:00am I'm going to call again and see if anyone can help us. :(

I know AKL is not sold out because I called this morning and they had pool view and savannah view available for our dates. (4/28-5/2) Along with availability at EVERY other deluxe resort except the Contemporary. :eek:

Wish me luck and lots of *~*~*Pixie Dust*~*~* today. I'm going to try and be calm and positive... even though I'm a nervous wreck. I just can't look my son in the face and tell him we aren't going. He'll be devestated. :(

I thought the rule wasn't that you had to call to make the reservation more than 30 days before arrival, BUT that they had to have the deposit in hand by 30 days before arrival.

In ANY case, as has been said by others, none of that matters - if the first CM didn't explain that to you (or didn't understand it himself) that is still Disney's mistake and something that they need to make right.

Good luck! Don't give up!

:bounce:

Erika,
I can't believe this is happening! It is 9:10 am , so I'm sure you will update us soon! Unbelievable. The CM's should have all these policies in front of them or memorized . I'm sure if the CM would have said that you had to pay by CC over the phone, you would have done so. If you would have said "no" to that, then they would have said something like" that's our policy when booking 30 days from arrival". Since this was never talked about, it's THEIR fault and disney must make it right for you!

I feel just sick for you. :(
I just keep checking back to see what's happening, and saying a prayer that things will work out.

I know that I *almost* had to tell my own son we weren't going, because I couldn't get a room once, when something happened... and it all worked out. Thank God. I just know how that hit you.

Sandie

Erika... I feel so bad for you. I hope you get a manager to help you out. Please post and let us know. I was looking through this whole post to see when your dates were, I was hoping they were the same as ours and I would offer to help, I have an unbeleivable rate at AKL for 4/25 - 4/30, just last week my mom asked if she could go to so I called and added on a second room to our reservation and they gave me the same rate, If you were going at the same time I was going to offer to call and try and add on a third room, but I see you are arriving on 4/28. Hopefully, you won't need any help and you can just get this taken care of. Good luck, please up date us.

UPDATE!!

I have been on the phone all morning. :eek: Thanks so much for all the PM's... I called several of the phone #'s that you guys gave me but still had no luck. :( Basically everyone at guest relations that I spoke with said they had no control over what happens at CRO. They couldn't check my reservation, make changes to it, reinstate it, nothing. :( I felt like crying. :(

This is when my luck starts to change!!! :)

Someone posted on the DVC rent/trade board this morning that they had points to rent for $5.00/point. :) Luckily I was able to email him right away and get his phone number (in Hong Kong!). :eek: He was a super nice!!!! :) :) I was able to rent the points from him for the dates of our trip!!!!!!!! :) :) AND the best news of all... we have a 2 bedroom villa at OKW for 4 nights!!!!

WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

I am the happiest person in the world right now!!!!! :) :) I'm just so glad we are going, no thanks to CRO :(!!! I still want to write a letter and complain about them cancelling my ressie. :( But for now I'm just enjoying myself!!!! :) :) :)

WOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Erika, Good for you! I saw you post over at the Rent/Trade board and was hoping you would get it. Congratulations.

After all this trouble with CRO I think it's time to join the DVC! ;)

Ericka, I agree, as I've told you in the past, DVC is the greatest. After you join you will wish you would have done it earlier. Glad to hear that you are all set for this month. Have a great time and I am jealous. Today i was thinking about our vacations in 2004!! With DVC I am always planning a vacation!!!

wow! $5 a point. That is great! I hope you enjoy OKW. I'm sure you will!!!

Erica,
I'm so glad everything worked out for you! I was truely in tears for you because I know how hard you work to plan these things out. I still would not let that CRO mistake go without really getting attention. Copy all of your notes etc. and mail them with a huge complaint. This is not a little inconvienience and you are not a one time customer!!
Enjoy the villa and really why on earth haven't you bought into DVC yet?

Our January trip I also paid deposit by cheque. They told me not to send until I received confirmation in mail. At eight days (it was DC so I had 10 days) I called to say I hadn't received it yet they told me they extended my date. On the 11th day I called back still didn't have confirmation. Ended up I didn't get confirm until day 17 and then I sent cheque. Everything was fine with res, I'll be very surprised if they don't correct the problem as it sounds like it was their mistake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter