Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that makes sense and I get that. It just seems like a lot of open times coming up today, when they should have gone back into the system already if it’s the result of the glitch from Tuesday. I did grab the new reservations, it just seems a liiiittle strange that there are all of a sudden about 6 new openings at Cali Grill for that night.
Yeah, basically a ton of people changed their reservations to the new ones that popped up, opening up their old ones. Now that the new ones are cancelled, the old, dropped ones, are reopened for people to grab.

Yeah, basically a ton of people changed their reservations to the new ones that popped up, opening up their old ones. Now that the new ones are cancelled, the old, dropped ones, are reopened for people to grab.
It hurt to get the TP notification that matched my old cancelled reservation and miss it. Made someone’s day to snag it 😂

I just got the emails as well. It was $25 per ADR. 😊 By my count I should still have about 3 or 4 more emails coming...
Makes me wish they’d cancelled Y&Y and RC on me! I have a Landry’s card so not worried about getting in but they’re staying so far.

It’s worth noting that a $25 Disney Gift Card — while it seems gracious — really costs them nothing. It’s “money” they’re giving you that they’re guaranteed to get back. This is the reason why Disney can be so liberal with room account credits and comp tickets. These types of Guest Recovery are very common for that precise reason. Yes, it’s a nice gesture but I don’t think it’s disproportionate to the error.
And ppl will likely spend more than the gift card.

It’s worth noting that a $25 Disney Gift Card — while it seems gracious — really costs them nothing. It’s “money” they’re giving you that they’re guaranteed to get back. This is the reason why Disney can be so liberal with room account credits and comp tickets. These types of Guest Recovery are very common for that precise reason. Yes, it’s a nice gesture but I don’t think it’s disproportionate to the error.
No, but they didn't HAVE to. The fact they're still willing to do this on a relatively massive scale is why people even subconsciously associate Disney with superior customer service. That je ne sais quoi of customer service.

I got a reservation alert for a California Grill time I’ve been searching for. I went to go grab it, and see LOTS of available times. I’ve since gotten five alerts for California Grill and Morimoto Asia. Anyone else seeing things like this? Could there be another glitch? I’m hesitant to modify reservations and then get them cancelled later.
Not seeing anything like that for our dates. Booked solid still. Hopefully that means whatever you book is good to go.

I'll recap for everyone:

Disney is distributing a new survey to guests is about the advantages of staying onsite.

Some of the questions are regarding how important is Magic Hours, FP+, Dining Plan, ME/overall transportation? Some neat new ones are Connected Experiences (I picture Xbox Achievement lists), Resort nighttime activities, Virtual queue access from your resort, etc.

Here is my take: Disney is going to protect it's Bubble. Besides the transportation, most of those perks are gone due to the pandemic. They know they have to bring them back...

And maybe FP+ makes a comeback before the new system is launched.

I'll recap for everyone:

Disney is distributing a new survey to guests is about the advantages of staying onsite.

Some of the questions are regarding how important is Magic Hours, FP+, Dining Plan, ME/overall transportation? Some neat new ones are Connected Experiences (I picture Xbox Achievement lists), Resort nighttime activities, Virtual queue access from your resort, etc.

Here is my take: Disney is going to protect it's Bubble. Besides the transportation, most of those perks are gone due to the pandemic. They know they have to bring them back...

Interesting. We have APs for 2021 and one 35% off pin code for only certain dates and certain resorts isn’t enough to entice us to keep staying on-site without everything else.

We’re 7-8 weeks from 2021 and still don’t know is PH is coming back!

I'll recap for everyone:

Count me in for VQ access. Even day-of for a 30 minute window before GP. Nighttime resort activities beyond movies under the stars or campfires where available? I'm curious for this one. Could be a fun way to draw a few folks from the parks' spectaculars once going again.

Yeah that makes sense and I get that. It just seems like a lot of open times coming up today, when they should have gone back into the system already if it’s the result of the glitch from Tuesday. I did grab the new reservations, it just seems a liiiittle strange that there are all of a sudden about 6 new openings at Cali Grill for that night.
Don’t worry there was still zero availability for me to move around our CG when I looked earlier this afternoon. I feel like if there was a glitch it would affect every day, and that’s not what I saw a while ago just casually looking to see if we could move or pick something else up.

I vaguely remember something posted about APs getting a partial refund when it was announced that the water parks would be closed until March, but I can't remember when we were supposed to see that. Has anyone received those?

Count me in for VQ access. Even day-of for a 30 minute window before GP. Nighttime resort activities beyond movies under the stars or campfires where available? I'm curious for this one. Could be a fun way to draw a few folks from the parks' spectaculars once going again.
I would love for the Movies under the Stars at the resorts to replay the Candlelight Processionals and Fireworks that were streamed last year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter