CRV ain't in the cards

!990 prices during regular season

CR Garden wings $180-$205
CR tower $230
Suites $230-$710

Poly rooms $190-$245
Poly Suites $550-$590 (all in Bali Hai Longhouse)

GF Standard $215-$285
GF Concierge $330-$335
GF Suites $330-$950

Just a little interesting trivia :wizard:

minnie61650 said:
!990 prices during regular season

CR Garden wings $180-$205
CR tower $230
Suites $230-$710

Poly rooms $190-$245
Poly Suites $550-$590 (all in Bali Hai Longhouse)

GF Standard $215-$285
GF Concierge $330-$335
GF Suites $330-$950

Just a little interesting trivia :wizard:

In the beginning, CR was actually Disney’s flagship resort. Imagine ten years from now, GF was renting at the bottom of the deluxe resort category. Disney is not going to sit back and let things deteriorate.

in 1996 regular season
Polyn
standard - $215
garden - $250
pool/marina - $280
logoon - $305
garden view concierge - $325
lagoon view concierge - $380
suites - $545 - $3335

CR

standard - $215
garden/water view - $245
deluxe water view - $270
park/bay view (tower) - $290
suites in wings - $655 to $980
suites in tower - $845-$2540

GF
lodges - garden view - $290
lodges - pool/marina - $310
lodges - lagoon view - $335
lodges - lodge tower - $365
lodges - suites - $580 to $1145

main-concierge - $470
main-deluxe room concierge - $490
main-honeymoon room concierge - $490
main- suites - $870 to $1810

DVCPAT said:
Disney is not going to sit back and let things deteriorate.

that is the problem with the CR they have. the north wing actually had people reported holes in the wall.

so far Disney has not found a interior design that makes people love it. most wdw guests do not like the outside structure - but hey they could easily work on that.

This company had a cement building - it was down right awful - the land was the company's, the building was someone elses - when the company got their hands on the horrible structure they hired an excellent architect that redesigned that building into one of the most beautiful building around - brick, mirrors and slate.

it can be done!

when the CR first opened it has a modern design and too many guests found it cold. It went through many changes. and never really found a design that people loved.

so now they are back to the modern design.

Finally pulled my vac pics...FYI

th_10-06wdw1195.jpg
Note 6 ft. chain link fence
th_10-06wdw1196.jpg
smaller fence w/green privacy curtain & water booms
th_10-06wdw1187.jpg
end of SOTL nearest CR, construction trailers???
th_10-06wdw1319.jpg
animals are cool but, I'd rather see this view from my balcony:thumbsup2

keishashadow said:
Finally pulled my vac pics...FYI

th_10-06wdw1195.jpg
Note 6 ft. chain link fence
th_10-06wdw1196.jpg
smaller fence w/green privacy curtain & water booms
th_10-06wdw1187.jpg
end of SOTL nearest CR, construction trailers???
th_10-06wdw1319.jpg
animals are cool but, I'd rather see this view from my balcony:thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing the photos.
They are very interesting.

Would it be possible for you to post a larger photo of the STOL airport strip?
I would really like to take a closer look at it.

Thanks so much! :wizard:

Did anyone see that permit posted by drei on that other popular rumor board??

It was a environmental resource permit from the South Florida Water Management District issued on 9/6/06.

Project Description: Construction and operation of a surface water management system to serve a 2.89 acre commercial project known as DVC@ The Contemporary Construction Trailer Compound.
Permit

lisareniff said:

It was a environmental resource permit from the South Florida Water Management District issued on 9/6/06.

Permit

Folks, this is the STOL rumored location!! Check out this site and see how it compares!

STOL Disney Location

Yep the permit maps show it as the STOL site.

So DVC has CRV design and a permit to store construction equipment at the STOL ....

DVC could have changed their minds after these plans.

Still waiting for the wreaking ball.

lisareniff said:

Permit

Folks, this is the STOL rumored location!! Check out this site and see how it compares!

STOL Disney Location

I attempted to take several pics on the monorail ride back from Epcot. Through the trees you could see the strip & several vehicles, semi trailers & construction trailers scattered there. This shot is very close to where the monorail starts to arc to the TTC, past a small lake.
10-06wdw1187.jpg

keishashadow said:
I attempted to take several pics on the monorail ride back from Epcot. Through the trees you could see the strip & several vehicles, semi trailers & construction trailers scattered there. This shot is very close to where the monorail starts to arc to the TTC, past a small lake.
10-06wdw1187.jpg

Thanks so much for posting the larger photo.

That photo anlong the DVC permit for the CR makes me think that they are going to tear the old North Wing down and build a DVC at the CR.

As I said in an eariler post on this thread:

One plausible theory (rumor) I read is that the STOL (short take off landing strip) is going to used to bring in and store the heavy equipment and materials that will be needed for the new building at CR.

I am still hopeful they are going to build a DVC at the CR. :wizard:

the STOL looks like it is closer to WL/VWL than the Cont - so why store stuff there - unless - they are building that much, much bigger building.

for a rehab - the parking lot should be big enough to store the stuff?

this really does look like the DVC cont will be build..... :rotfl:

but this is confusing - one day it looks a straight rehab, the next the DVC resort, the next back to the rehab, next dvc resort - I am so confused. :confused3

popcorn:: staying tuned. :happytv:

I left the Contemporary on November 1. I'll update people on some of the progress on the north wing.

The windows in the eastern and middle sections seem to be covered in plastic, with venting panels in every fourth room. The vent panels are similar to what is used in asbestos removal (the only type of building construction I'm familiar with), but probably are used in a variety of applications. Artwork (or maybe backboards from the beds?) was removed from some ground floor rooms in the middle section on the 31st or 1st. The windows were not covered in the northern section -- one was open (or missing) my entire stay, and all had blinds. I would think that protecting the windows to this extent points to renovation.

The double layer of silt fence that went up a few weeks back was being reinforced with a inner ring of sand about 1' high by 2' wide. The fenced off area is quite large -- the play equipment and a more central lawn is all enclosed, as well as the landscaped areas close to the central circles by the loading area for the 2 person boats. The bigger trees have additional caution fencing - presumably to signal that they are to be saved. This seems to signal either demolition or major landscape changes.

When you see the area fenced off, you expect lots of activity, but there isn't much. The workers putting down the sand fence/ring were s l o w.
I have some pictures, but probably not that interesting.

The vultures seemed to like the inactivity. I counted 45 one morning, both black and turkey vultures. The hundreds of american crows added to the Halloween spirit, but definitely reduced my family's time on the balcony.

The link to the permit granted to Disney for water management of the construction trailer site at the old landing strip. They refer to the project as DVC @ the Contemporary.

"DRMP, Inc." is one the companies listed on the permit.
Dyer, Riddle, Mills, & Precourt, Inc. is ranked in the Engineering News-Record (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the U.S.

Actual permits and Florida State Govt. give acknowledgment of this project.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter