CRV is not just dirt anymore!

The people who truly know, are not talking, and those that are, don't truly know.

I have friends that are working there in construction, and they truly do not know whether it is going to be resorts or DVC or both.

My guess is it will be what will bring the most money to Disney. If AKV sells quickly, then it will be DVC.

However if for some reason sales with DVC, stalls and they have not made the progress in sales at AKV they want, then it could very well become an addition to the Contemporary possibly a large percentage of suites.

Disney deluxe resorts are doing a booming business right now. Especially suites.

Do any of you have any new pictures of the CRV construction site? :surfweb:

I agree with your logic. DVC has always been careful to not tip their hand in the past. That is what leads me to believe that at least the first portion of this project will be CR suites.

I am not licensed to sell real estate in FL, however; it is my understanding that according to FL state law, a certain % of the building/complex(s) must be completed before any TS sales can begin.

Assume that's how they got around selling AKV before the main DVC complex was built.:confused3

Had hoped they'd use the same strategy @ CR (converting whatever number of units they needed to) in order to sale.

Not clear on whether said converted units in existing structure can just be all "studios" or they must have the appropriate % of 1 BRs, 2 BRs ect.:confused:

Someone asked for recent photo's. These were taken this evening, 6:00pm.

It definitely seems to have the oval footprint suggested by the rendition posted previously.

This shows quite a bit of work from just a week ago.

e81ae3b0.jpg

e81ae2a1.jpg

I mentioned this to a cast member at CR on Wednesday evening and I was told to shhhhhhhhh. I then told the cast member I know the company policy about speaking about new projects and the cast member once again said shhhhhhhhh.

Smitty

Someone asked for recent photo's. These were taken this evening, 6:00pm.

It definitely seems to have the oval footprint suggested by the rendition posted previously.

I can't wait until October and go ride by both the AK and CR to see the progress of the new construction.

We just became DVC members at SSR on Aug 2. As the DVC van driver was taking us back to the CR (where we were staying), I mentioned how it's great that there will be a DVC resort on the monorail. He said, "Well, I can't confirm or deny anything", but then he asked if bought into DVC...I said, "Yes, today!". Then, he winked and said since we're now DVC owners the CRV "rumors" are true!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter