DarlingDumbo's Stomach Saga <With Pictures> UPDATED 11/9

I'm really enjoying your reviews! :thumbsup2 The side salad and cake at Pinnochio's look really good! I might have to try a meal there.

AHHHH! I think I’m going to faint! Hurry get me into the Country Bear Jamboree! I thought maybe some AC could cure me but no luck. So we headed back to Port Orleans, before I collapsed. Gosh, I felt worse then ever, nauseous, light-headed, and dizzy. It was not looking so good for our ADR at Crystal Palace tonight. My mother had no problem canceling but I knew there is a surprise waiting for us at the Crystal Palace, and I was not missing it.
After some rest, we headed back out to the Magic Kingdom. We took a leisurely stroll down to the Crystal Palace, because we were early. When we arrived we saw a ton of people waiting, my mother didn’t believe that all the people had ADRs but I assured her they did.
I wait on line to check in and the first words out of the cast member’s mouth were you’re early. Thanks for the newsflash! I thought they would prefer early to late but I didn’t get that impression. All of the cast members were stressed out because their computers were down and I was told that we probably wouldn’t be seated until approximately 15 minutes after our ADR time. So we waited outside of the restaurant, I was not taking the heat so well and my nausea began again. Yes! Our table was ready and it was actually before our ADR time, Yippee!
We were seated and I was pleasantly surprised with streamers and confetti, remember the surprise?
347994%3A45%7Ffp357%3Enu%3D3268%3E3%3C%3A%3E7%3C%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A8%3C97%3A3%3B4nu0mrj

My mom was totally clueless. The tables were not as close together as I had previously heard, but the booth area is connected throughout each of the tables.
Our waitress arrived and she was pleasant, took out drink orders and explained about the characters and the buffet. My mother and I hit the buffet. I was not that hungry, or feeling that well, so I filled my plate with my favorite meal, mashed potatoes, turkey and some greens. My mom started off with some pasta and regular salad. We took a few more trips, I stuck with the same stuff but my mom was more adventurous.
It was the end of the meal and we were stuffed! I kept looking around for the “surprise” but it was no where. Finally our waitress walked out with a cupcake and a birthday card! NOO! It’s isn’t anyone’s birthday, and the expensive cake I ordered better be bigger than a cupcake! My mom was even more confused at this point, and I sent the waitress back into the kitchen for the correct cake. Finally she brought out the cake for my mother. I got my mom a cake to say thank you for bringing me on the trip, my mom was really touched but…really full. I was sick so it didn’t look like this cake was going to get eaten. My mom forced down a sliver while I begged people at other tables to take a piece! Our waitress aloud us to store our cake in the refrigerator, which was wonderful because it would have been impossible to carry through the park.
Over all our meal was good, I wish I wasn’t sick and I could try more. I did although observe that a lot of the dishes were kind of unusual. This is good for the more adventurous eater, but for someone as picky as I, there weren’t many options, with the exception of pooh’s corner!

SERVICE: Our waitress was very friendly. She explained everything thoroughly and was very quick to bring a refill or clear our plates. She also apologized profusely about the cake mistake; I was forgiving especially because the computer was down.

SIZE: Because it’s a buffet you can have as much as you want, my only complaint is the limited selection for picky eaters.

QUALITY: The food was fresh and warm. Everything I tried was delicious. Some items on the kid’s buffet seemed to sit longer then on the regular buffet. My mom’s favorite dish on the buffet was the shredded pork, mine was the mashed potatoes.

CHARACTER INTERACTION: The characters were wonderful, They came around in a timely manner and were spaced out well. During dinner each character visited more then once. Also the characters had a short parade and song with the children.

347994%3A45%7Ffp354%3Enu%3D3268%3E3%3C%3A%3E7%3C%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A8%3C9757%3A%3Cnu0mrj

Breakdown:

Adult Buffet: $ 27.99
347994%3A45%7Ffp353%3Enu%3D3268%3E3%3C%3A%3E7%3C%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A8%3C96%3A887nu0mrj

Salad, Mediterranean Pasta Salad

347994%3A45%7Ffp355%3Enu%3D3268%3E3%3C%3A%3E7%3C%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A8%3C96%3A88%3Cnu0mrj

Turkey, Prime Rib, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli, String beans

347994%3A45%7Ffp348%3Enu%3D3268%3E3%3C%3A%3E7%3C%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A8%3C97%3A3%3B8nu0mrj

Red velvet cheesecake, ice cream

Adult Buffet: $ 27.99
347994%3A45%7Ffp34%3A%3Enu%3D3268%3E3%3C%3A%3E7%3C%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A8%3C96%3A889nu0mrj

Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, String beans, broccoli, Dinner roll

347994%3A45%7Ffp356%3Enu%3D3268%3E3%3C%3A%3E7%3C%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A8%3C96%3A893nu0mrj

Turkey, Mashed Potatoes,fire roasted chicken, broccoli

Custom Cake: $26.63

347994%3A45%7Ffp355%3Enu%3D3268%3E3%3C%3A%3E7%3C%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A8%3C96%3A897nu0mrj

347994%3A45%7Ffp34%3B%3Enu%3D3268%3E3%3C%3A%3E7%3C%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A8%3C97%3A3%3B9nu0mrj

P.S. My mom admitted to me later on that she thought I was sending the cupcake back so I could have something better to take a picture of for the DIS!

Rating: :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 out of 5 :thumbsup2

Everything sounds wonderful. Sorry to hear you not feeling so well. Tell your mommie Happy Birthday from all of us here. Tina :wave:

Great reviews...can't wait to hear more! I hope you got to feeling better on the trip. The last time we went my husband woke up very sick on MK morning & I just prayed that he would get better fast. I felt so selfish...I just kept thinking that we weren't going to be able to go to the park. He threw up several times early that morning & then was well by late in the morning. I was so relieved! Isn't that everyone's biggest fear...planning a trip for months and months & then some sickness or accident keeping you from enjoying yourself!!!
Keep up the good work!

DarlingDumbo said:
Thank you for all of the wonderful comments and encouragement, you’ve inspired me to update sooner than I thought.

Ok so today is Magic Kingdom day! I could barely sleep so I was already up when Mickey called for our 6am wake up. I jump in the shower and, BAM it hits me those stomach issues did not go away ahhh! I don’t care nothing could make me skip the Magic Kingdom, we’re going.
I volunteered to run down to the food court while my mom was getting ready and get some breakfast. I’m not so hungry so I decided I’d eat my brownie from the night before. I got to the food court and it’s so empty I loved it, I snapped a ton of pictures!
347949382%7Ffp358%3Enu%3D3268%3E3%3C%3A%3E7%3C%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A8%3C99%3A94%3Anu0mrj
347949382%7Ffp352%3Enu%3D3268%3E3%3C%3A%3E7%3C%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A8%3C99835%3Bnu0mrj

I got my mom a cheese Danish, filled up our mugs, and returned to the room. My mom ate her Danish and I shoved down my brownie, anything for the Magic Kingdom.

SERVICE: The place was so empty, I received wonderful service. I asked about their snack options, and was told almost everything in the pastry case counted as a snack, yay!
SIZE: The cheese danish was large enough to be eaten for breakfast.

QUALITY: the danish was freshly made and the cheese was very creamy.

Breakdown:

Cheese Danish: $2.55 (1 Snack Credit)
347949382%7Ffp357%3Enu%3D3268%3E3%3C%3A%3E7%3C%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A8%3C99%3A954nu0mrj

Total: 1 Snack Credit

Next: Magic Kingdom..Pixie Dust!

what food court was this and were is it located by the way what resort did u stay in?

Thank you for the wonderfull post. Esp. love the pictures. I don't think I'm the only one getting excited about pictures of Disney food. Great reviews.

This is the greatest review thread.... a real nail biter... I can't wait to see what is coming next! You have a wonderful writing style.... can't wait for MORE MORE MORE... popcorn::

Patsfan7 said:
This is the greatest review thread.... a real nail biter... I can't wait to see what is coming next! You have a wonderful writing style.... can't wait for MORE MORE MORE... popcorn::

I hope we didnt scare her away! :rotfl2:

Cant wait for more either!! :Pinkbounc

Hi All! No one has scared me away, don't worry! I've been soo busy! Tomorrow is the first day of school and I'm beginning my student teaching. Once my schedule gets back to normal I'll update!

DarlingDumbo said:
Hi All! No one has scared me away, don't worry! I've been soo busy! Tomorrow is the first day of school and I'm beginning my student teaching. Once my schedule gets back to normal I'll update!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

YEAY!!!! Thank goodness you are back!!!! Can't wait! popcorn::

Love your reviews That looks like one tasty danish. We are staying at the POFQ on our upcoming trip, so I think that will be one of our breakfast choices one morning! :banana:

I'm enjoying your reviews as well! I can't wait for our trip later this month! :cool1:

I sure hope your stomach started feeling better - it's no fun to be sick on vacation.... I can't wait to find out through your reviews! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter