DarlingDumbo's Stomach Saga <With Pictures> UPDATED 11/9

Ok I’m back, Sorry about the delay.

So today was our planned Epcot day, I was very excited because I love Epcot. I really enjoy taking a leisurely stroll through world showcase and some of my favorite rides are in future world. I even talked my mom into going on Test Track with me. But, it’s not looking so good, I feel worse then ever. We even talk about skipping Epcot all together and staying in the room all day. I feel terrible, I’ve taken so much time to plan this trip and now it’s ruined.
My mom and I decided that we would relax for a while and play it by ear. My mom took a walk down to the food court while I rested. She wanted to use one counter service for breakfast, I told her to use mine because food was the last thing I could think of.
When my mom returned she said the food court was packed, but the service was good. She enjoyed the King Creole breakfast platter. Since she ate it at the food court I don’t have a picture of it, and I will not write a complete review. My breakfast on the other hand were some delicious Zesta crackers, they were the only thing I could keep down. I will do a full review on my Zesta crackers!

The crackers in my stomach allowed me to take some medicine. Once the medicine got to work, we decided to try to go to Epcot. And we were off!

SERVICE: Great, Since it was breakfast the crackers weren’t out. My mom asked a cast member and they happily got some for her.

SIZE: Typical, square sized cracker!

QUALITY: Great, crunchy goodness. The only thing that was appealing to me at the time.

Breakdown:
347%3B2976%3B%7Ffp355%3Enu%3D3268%3E3%3C%3A%3E7%3C%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A8%3C97%3A447nu0mrj

Zesta Crackers: FREE

LOL - Love the review on the crackers!! :rotfl2:

I really hope you feel better soon on your trip!! I know how frustrating it is to get sick on a trip you've waited so long for - it seems like one of us always gets a stomach ailment or a cold before our trip is over. :rolleyes:

Brilliant review, I am adding those crackers to my list of 'must haves'!!! :lmao:

Sorry you fell ill...hope you felt a bit better for the rest of your trip! :goodvibes

Oh too funny! :rotfl:

Glad you were feeling well enough to go to Epcot! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear more!

Are you preg..... :rolleyes1 I guess that would be to personal to ask ..HUh ?? Are you ???? :cheer2: :cheer2:

So sorry you got sick, I'm hoping soon you'll report that you got better and your vacation was great!!! :Pinkbounc

After a woozy bus ride to Epcot we arrive! We explore Future World, with no lines, but skip the rides I think may upset my stomach. After Future World, we walk over to my favorite World Showcase! I finally think I can handle a snack and want to use up some credits I’d been collecting so I go to a cart and buy some popcorn. I forgot to take a picture of the popcorn but it was buttery and delicious and I kept it down so it was wonderful to me. We continued around the countries and I started to feel progressively worse  My mom decided that I needed something refreshing so I went and spent another snack credit and got an Itsakadozie! It was delicious and it was just the thing I needed, I recharged and moved on! Around France my Mom heard a rumbly in her tumbly, so we stopped at Boulangerie Patisserie and my mom got and enjoyed a raisin pastry and cappuccino.

SERVICE: All of the quick service carts were exactly that quick! Cast members were friendly and helpful. The line in Boulangerie Patisserie was very long and the entire place seemed disorganized, it may have just been a bad day.

SIZE: The popcorn was huge for just a snack credit. The itsakodozie was ok but I would have rather used the credit for something more substantial. The pastry was large and the cappuccino was average sized.

QUALITY: The popcorn was good and warm, it did not seem as though it was sitting all day. The itsakodozie was good perfect consistency. The raisin swirl (Just found the receipt) was delicious and my mom really enjoyed it. The Cappuccino was just ok.

Breakdown:

Popcorn:$3.00 (1 snack credit)

Itsakadozie: $2.50 (1 snack credit)
347%3B34792%7Ffp358%3Enu%3D3268%3E3%3C%3A%3E7%3C%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A8%3C9%3A2%3A7%3Anu0mrj

Raisin Swirl $2.95 (OOP)

347%3B347%3A2%7Ffp34%3A%3Enu%3D3268%3E3%3C%3A%3E7%3C%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A8%3C9%3A2%3A78nu0mrj

Cappuccino $2.50 (OOP)

347%3B347%3A2%7Ffp348%3Enu%3D3268%3E3%3C%3A%3E7%3C%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A8%3C9%3A8529nu0mrj

Total: 2 Snack Credits
Total OOP: $5.45

P.S. I am not Pregnant! <Thank God!>

That is so sad that you got sick on your trip. :sad2: I hope to hear that you got better soon.
I am enjoying your review. Thank you for taking the time to post it. :thumbsup2

It's so sad :sad2: that you couldn't fully enjoy your trip! But you had me :rotfl2: with the cracker review. I think you should post that one on the food pics thread!!

I know how disappointing it is when you are sick at Disney. My mom was sick the entire trip and only made it out of her room to the parks once. It was her first trip with her grandkids to see them at Disney and missed it all :sad2: . We are hoping for a do over with them in 2009. Hope things start looking up for your trip, glad you were at least able to enjoy some of it.

OK, OK, I have to post to this thread because I am hooked now! I also feel your pain. I got sick on my engagement trip. I threw up right before we went to dinner at Le Cellier. My husband had planned to do the whole ring in the glass of champagne thing but I was too sick to even want any. Well he found another way to give it to me but was bummed because he knows I am a sucker for cheezy, romantic stuff.

I can't wait to read about Alfredo's. We have reservations for December and we have never eaten there. We also will be taking a second trip to POFQ. Did you get a chance to sample the spaghetti? We always had them put it in the Mickey Mouse dish!! :mickeyjum

Good reviews.

Hopefully you will feel better later on the trip.

Enjoying your report.

When was your trip? We were at POFQ 8/22 to 8/29. My DD(3) was sick for 2 days and my DS(5) was sick the last day and DD(7) was sick in the car on the ride home from the airport.

So sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. It's horrible to be sick on vacation.

Love the review of the crackers. :rotfl:

And I loved how you informed us you weren't pregnant. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Ok, now I have to stop to go get something to eat. I've been drooling over your pictures. Unfortunately, the only thing in my kitchen that looks remotely like the wonderful items you have been describing is a Zesta saltine. Hope you started to feel better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter