DAS changes starting June 18

I hadn't realized that the full Accessibility Planning Guide offered more situations for Rider Switch than are listed in the DLR website. My only question is whether a solo visitor can use that service, just sitting off to the side somewhere until the people who would have been near them in line go on the ride.

My trip to Disneyland starts on 6/16, curious if I will have to register twice or if I'm able to still get a DAS if it will be good for the length of my stay.

Hopefully more details will come out soon for that. The Rider switch messaging is interesting - but what if you're by yourself? Then do you just get DAS since nobody can wait in line for you?

Last edited:
My trip to Disneyland starts on 6/16, curious if I will have to register twice or I'm able to still get a DAS if it will be good for the length of my stay.

Hopefully more details will come out soon for that. The Rider switch messaging is interesting - but what if you're by yourself? Then do you just get DAS since nobody can wait in line for you?
You are good through the 18th then EVERYONE has to go through the process again.

Per the Email I posted before and chatting with a DAS CM, they are getting a whole new team that will be approving people.

I do agree, no idea what single people will do, this is why they need to just ask for Doctors notes and just let people use the system if they have that

You are good through the 18th then EVERYONE has to go through the process again.

Per the Email I posted before and chatting with a DAS CM, they are getting a whole new team that will be approving people.

I do agree, no idea what single people will do, this is why they need to just ask for Doctors notes and just let people use the system if they have that
That is frustrating that I will have to register twice :(

It already takes hours to get someone on video chat - doing it a 2nd time makes it even worse.

That is frustrating that I will have to register twice :(

It already takes hours to get someone on video chat - doing it a 2nd time makes it even worse.
2 hours is lucky, I took me 3 days to get ahold of them just to ask the questions I wanted

Like took them 3 hours the first two days, the minute i forgot about it I see a CM had closed my case.

It took less time yesterday but yeah one of the only positives from this all hopefully is less people abusing it means less wait times for those who have to use it

Also if your at the parks think you go to some of the old ticket boths in-between DCA/Disneyland to talk to them.

But I'm sure June 18th will be a mess you will have everyone calling in/lining up to see if they can get it again and many will argue if they can't.....I hope I'm wrong but sure it wont be fun for most with DAS on the 18th

It seems like they shouldn't start until June 18 since that's when the new policy starts. But I don't see how rider switch will help a person with the listed issues. They still have to go through the regular line, not LL, don't they?
No, when you get a return time for rider switch you go through the lightening lane. They add a return time on your phone much like when you go to an exit for wheelchair at the fantasyland rides.

My trip to Disneyland starts on 6/16, curious if I will have to register twice or if I'm able to still get a DAS if it will be good for the length of my stay.

The only thing I wonder is if they’ll give you a “rider switch” return time if it’s one person. Or maybe they will issue “DAS for 1” type of thing? And I think someone was posting here they had a mom in wheelchair. She has bathroom issues and the mom has bathroom issues. Maybe they’d both qualify for “DAS for 1”? Because the whole point is to get less people in the LL.

I think they just expanded rider switch to include all rides. In the past it was limited to shorties that couldn’t ride and 2 other reasons. It was limited to only rides with height requirements. It now says rider switch is available at all attractions.

I think they just expanded rider switch to include all rides. In the past it was limited to shorties that couldn’t ride and 2 other reasons. It was limited to only rides with height requirements. It now says rider switch is available at all attractions.

It's very confusing because that Accessibility Planning Guide does list more accepted rider switch situations than the DLR website does, but I don't think the guide is new. Note this section:

There are 2 ways for Guests to have a conversation with a Cast Member to determine eligibility for DAS — live video chat or in-person at any Guest Relations location during a park visit.

That suggests that this is the existing guide, not the one that will apply to the new rules. Unfortunately, there's no publication date on the PDF guide to know that for sure.

It's very confusing because that Accessibility Planning Guide does list more accepted rider switch situations than the DLR website does, but I don't think the guide is new. Note this section:

There are 2 ways for Guests to have a conversation with a Cast Member to determine eligibility for DAS — live video chat or in-person at any Guest Relations location during a park visit.

That suggests that this is the existing guide, not the one that will apply to the new rules. Unfortunately, there's no publication date on the PDF guide to know that for sure.
The http link says 4.5.24

I feel like there's so much unknown about how it will all play out.

But does that mean the new CMs aren't starting until June 18th? So if I arrive on June 18th, I can't even register online on May 18th? I'll have to wait until the day-of? That doesn't make sense. Our park days are June 18th - 22nd. I certainly don't want to wait my morning trying to register my son on June 18th. I want to do it online on May 18th (or May 22nd if I need to wait until the full 30-days from our final day.)

But does that mean the new CMs aren't starting until June 18th? So if I arrive on June 18th, I can't even register online on May 18th? I'll have to wait until the day-of? That doesn't make sense. Our park days are June 18th - 22nd. I certainly don't want to wait my morning trying to register my son on June 18th. I want to do it online on May 18th (or May 22nd if I need to wait until the full 30-days from our final day.)
It's June 18th for DLR and May for WDW

You can on the 18th but so does EVERY other DAS user

I'd try on May 18 and see what they say. It's over a month away, so they will at least have a better idea by then of if you'd need to register again in June. I don't think you would, though. Because otherwise they might as well just say the new policy starts now.

Only issue is they will open at 8AM and your missing rope drop

If I was DIsney I would let people be registering now...but thats just me
That would be a problem for someone who needed a pass the first day, but the poster is spending multiple days at DL, so they'll be using their pre-approved DAS the first couple of days and could drop by a kiosk at any time to do the qualification process for the new one.

The http link says 4.5.24
Huh, that's weird that they just published a guide revision last week when the process is just about to change.

It's June 18th for DLR and May for WDW

You can on the 18th but so does EVERY other DAS user

Right. But will I be able to register online on May 18th and be approved for our park days June 18th-22nd? Or will they say "sorry, you can't apply until the new rules come into play"...which means I can't register until day 1 of my trip?

That's what I'm confused about.

What if you have bathroom issues and are solo?
My guess is that solo guests would be allowed an accommodation equivalent to the current DAS. This is probably not a big concern for Disney given that this is a fairly small proportion of visitors and results in only one person in the LL. The kind of abuse that changing to rider switch would vastly reduce is when (for example) six healthy young people (possibly inspired by a “TikTok hack”) lie that one of them has IBS so that they can get DAS and all go through the LLs together all day, since a rider switch requiring four of them to go through each ride’s standby line would be much less appealing.

I'm happy they are making it a family-only sort of pass. I mean, I hope they will allow larger families to still use it. But I'm glad people can't bring 6 or 7 friends with them now. Though I think if people only ever visit with friends, maybe the could be allowed at least 1 guest with them on DAS. But not the amount they allow now, which I think is 6 or 7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter