DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

Definitely hard for me to do, and I am from the center of the universe, also known as SoCal ;)
I grew up there, and I never called it the center of the universe especially after experiencing other cities. Hopefully I'll meet a SoCal native like me at the party. I still cheer for all of the Anaheim teams before any teams in the area I'm living now. :)

Good afternoon I am a single mom who has been to Disney probably 10 times since I was a kid and with my children. I have NEVER been on my own but would love to attend the DIS 20th event. I also have never stayed in a deluxe resort as I have always worried about cost because we were traveling as a family. So as a present to myself for my 40th I will be flying solo for the event. My hardest decision: Grand Floridian, Boardwalk Inn or Wilderness Lodge? I really need some help and appreciate all your opinions and experience! Can't wait until 05/30! TIA

Hello and Happy Early Birthday! :bday:

For this trip I would go with the Boardwalk Inn especially if you are not going to have a personal vehicle. My reasoning is that based on past podcasts it seems the credentials area will be at the Boardwalk Inn and you will be right there for DIS 20th Event. It is where I am staying based on those assumptions. Plus breakfast in France is amazing!

Good afternoon I am a single mom who has been to Disney probably 10 times since I was a kid and with my children. I have NEVER been on my own but would love to attend the DIS 20th event. I also have never stayed in a deluxe resort as I have always worried about cost because we were traveling as a family. So as a present to myself for my 40th I will be flying solo for the event. My hardest decision: Grand Floridian, Boardwalk Inn or Wilderness Lodge? I really need some help and appreciate all your opinions and experience! Can't wait until 05/30! TIA

Hello and Happy Early Birthday! :bday:

For this trip I would go with the Boardwalk Inn especially if you are not going to have a personal vehicle. My reasoning is that based on past podcasts it seems the credentials area will be at the Boardwalk Inn and you will be right there for DIS 20th Event. It is where I am staying based on those assumptions. Plus breakfast in France is amazing!

I was thinking the same thing - though keep in mind they haven't confirmed if the international gateway entrance will be open for leaving after the party or not and you will still have to go to the main EPCOT entrance to check-in for the party.

Still definite location advantages (good point about that likely being the credential distribution location - though, again, not confirmed) - just a heads up that might not be as good in the end

I would go with the monorail resort.....

Graduations that is so much fun I am also going for first time by myself! Grand Floridian gorgeous also The Polynesian is a wonderful place to stay.

Last edited:
thanks for the replies :) and I know the $25 is non-refundable, but does anyone know about the 85 for the party? non refundable as well? thanks again, sounds like so much fun!!

@BaltimoreMom5512 Early happiest of birthdays :bday:, and wonderful gift (and much deserved, for doing the hardest job in the world - being a parent - alone!!) to yourself! The other poster had an awesome suggestion to pick where yo think you'll be spending most of your time, so you'll have easier access to that park, and also what "vibe" you think appeals to you the most. I have all sorts of favorite resorts for all sorts of reasons, depending on my mood/money/what I'm going to concentrate on that trip, etc. Happy planning!! :)

Happy 40th!!! I had a similar choice last year for my 50th. I wanted to treat myself and stay at a deluxe. I chose the Contemporary. For me, what I did was looked online at the pictures of the rooms and based on my instinct, picked what felt right for me. Now with that being said, each of the resorts you mention all have benefits and would be a wonderful place to stay. The other thing to possibly consider is where you plan to spend most of your time. If you will be mostly at the Magic Kingdom, then maybe the GF or WL. But if Epcot or Hollywood Studios is your preference, then maybe pick the Boardwalk. But ultimately pick what will make you the happiest and make your birthday that more magical!
@wnwardii - Belated happy birthday! :bday:. Very sage advice, and great gift to yourself - I like how you roll!! :) :)

Quick question: In order to go to the Epcot party, is is necessary to buy the $25 event ticket? Thanks!

yes, you need to register for the overall event (which is the $25) and then the $85 is just for the party - but you have to be registered for the event to register for the party. So, if you are literally just doing the party you can think of it as costing $110

But if you are doing other meet ups, etc. then you only pay the $25 once (hope that helps and doesn't make it more confusing)

One last question...and thanks for your patience with me. Lots of odd planning details....how long are the party concerts usually? if party is 10-1.....
Thanks again!!

I love location of Boardwalk. Never stayed at Grand Floridian or Wilderness, but I would pick GF over WL.

One last question...and thanks for your patience with me. Lots of odd planning details....how long are the party concerts usually? if party is 10-1.....
Thanks again!!
This the first time they've done a concert during their party. The previous Jodi concerts have been on their cruises.

This the first time they've done a concert during their party. The previous Jodi concerts have been on their cruises.

Sorry, you are correct. i mistyped. it should just say 'how long
have past concerts been'. my bad. just trying to get an idea.✌

Watching the DisUnplugged last week (Yes I am behind). My family decided to, at the spur of the moment, to book a trip to be there for the festivities. We just paid for our registrations and are hoping against all hope that the party at Epcot has not sold out. Waiting for the registration number on pins and needles.

Any idea what the schedule will be like for the evening of the big party? Like when Illuminations and/or the concert will be? Just wondering if they will be near the beginning time or ending time. Hoping to be able to stay up that late!

So we are looking to attend the event while we are there on vacation. Does anyone know if there will be transportation back to the resorts after the party at Epcot??

So we are looking to attend the event while we are there on vacation. Does anyone know if there will be transportation back to the resorts after the party at Epcot??

That has not yet been announced. When it is, John Magi will (if past history is correct) post information here.

Any idea what the schedule will be like for the evening of the big party? Like when Illuminations and/or the concert will be? Just wondering if they will be near the beginning time or ending time. Hoping to be able to stay up that late!
@maggiew I don't think anybody knows a schedule yet, but I'd plan a nap that day, and maybe sleep in the next if staying up is going to be a problem - I know if I could attend, I sure wouldn't want to miss one single moment of this awesome once-in-a-lifetime event, and I go to bed early too, so I can relate!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter