DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (New)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, I thought 1000 had to do with posts or something not DVC points. lol

How many days a year does the avg 1000 point member spend on vacation??

Really varies based on season, rooms, etc. we ended up using a bit north of 2200 points for our 12 night family reunion at WDW and that was with not all of the party being there all nights. We could be more economical and not get a GV but still costs a bit to host friends or family. We’ll be using around 1000+ points for a trip next year with another family for 12 to 13 nights. Also a mix of GV and smaller rooms.

I have a tentative experiment to use all of our points just for us in a one or two bedroom one year and it’s about 30 nights as a rough estimate.

So with 1000 points it could be two or more weeks in a 2br and way more in a studio. Or one night in a Polly bungalow….

Seems like we are going to hit 26 nights in DVC in 2023 and we also have another few nights at offsite hotels.

Really varies based on season, rooms, etc. we ended up using a bit north of 2200 points for our 12 night family reunion at WDW and that was with not all of the party being there all nights. We could be more economical and not get a GV but still costs a bit to host friends or family. We’ll be using around 1000+ points for a trip next year with another family for 12 to 13 nights. Also a mix of GV and smaller rooms.

I have a tentative experiment to use all of our points just for us in a one or two bedroom one year and it’s about 30 nights as a rough estimate.

So with 1000 points it could be two or more weeks in a 2br and way more in a studio. Or one night in a Polly bungalow….

Seems like we are going to hit 26 nights in DVC in 2023 and we also have another few nights at offsite hotels.
Wow.

That's awesome though, I hope to get close to half way to the 1000 point club by the time I retire. :)

Oh wow, I thought 1000 had to do with posts or something not DVC points. lol

I can't speak to average, but I can share my own usage:

• Owned 840pts all year, but was 'point rich' due to reduced travel in 2020
  • Used 1,611pts
    • 1,395pts for our own stays
    • 216pts gifted to family for a stay
  • Stayed in DVC 53 nights total
    • 49 nights for our own stays
      • 44 nights in Studios
      • 2 nights in 1BR
      • 3 nights in GV
    • 4 nights gifted to family for a stay
      • 4 nights at 2BR

• Owned 840pts at beginning of year, 1,040pts by end of the year
  • Used 1,034pts, all for our own stays
  • Stayed in DVC 38 nights total
    • 36 nights in Studios
    • 2 nights in CCV Cabin

• Owned 1,040pts at beginning of year, own 1,515pts currently and will likely own 1,515pts at end of the year
  • Will have had used 1,218pts, all for our own stays
  • Will have had stayed in DVC 33 nights total
    • 20 nights in Studios
    • 10 nights in 1BR
    • 3 nights in CCV Cabin

• Will likely own 1,515pts at beginning of year; 3 add-ons we're considering could bring us to ~2,075pts
  • Planning to use 2,107pts
    • 1,835pts for our own stays
    • 272pts gifted to friends for stays
  • Planning to stay in DVC 67 nights total
    • 51 nights for our own stays
      • 13 nights in Studios
      • 38 nights in 1BR
    • 16 nights gifted to friends for stays, all Studios

I’m not 100% sure of the breakdown - but our 1337 gives us 2 3 day weekends in a 2 Br and 1 day stay in a studio at HHI (315 points)…the rest of our points we use for 3-4 week long stays in a 1 Br…

• Used 1,611pts
      • 44 nights in Studios
      • 2 nights in 1BR
      • 3 nights in GV
      • 4 nights at 2BR

• 36 nights in Studios
    • 2 nights in CCV Cabin

• Owned 1,040pts at beginning of year, own 1,515pts currently and will likely own 1,515pts at end of the year
    • 20 nights in Studios
    • 10 nights in 1BR
    • 3 nights in CCV Cabin

• Will likely own 1,515pts at beginning of year; 3 add-ons we're considering could bring us to ~2,075pts
      • 13 nights in Studios
      • 38 nights in 1BR
Wow, I'm so jealous.. here I am lucky to make to DLR once a year for a few days. lol (3 park days & 4-nights is my avg. goal)

• Used 1,611pts
      • 44 nights in Studios
      • 2 nights in 1BR
      • 3 nights in GV
      • 4 nights at 2BR

• 36 nights in Studios
    • 2 nights in CCV Cabin

• 20 nights in Studios
    • 10 nights in 1BR
    • 3 nights in CCV Cabin

• 13 nights in Studios
      • 38 nights in 1BR
Thanks for this! Really great info for spreading the points 🙂

Curious to know if anyone else in the 1k pointer club plans to rent out half (or some fraction of their points) to break even relatively quickly and to fund the maintenance fees for all their points?

Curious to know if anyone else in the 1k pointer club plans to rent out half (or some fraction of their points) to break even relatively quickly and to fund the maintenance fees for all their points?

So....I was taught many years ago from some fellow DVC big point guys about using DVC for snowbirding for "free". Its a very basic formula.....calculate the points you would need, buy twice that amount and rent half of those points. The money earned would easy cover all the maintenance fees plus some. We are still years away from retirement, but have done very well with our purchases and rentals over the past 17 years of ownership.
For 2023, we will go to WDW eight times. All of our stays are long weekends, except Christmas-NYE family trip.
We always stay in 1-bedrroms and 2-bedrooms with an occasional Grand Villa stay. This year, we have a GV booked for our Christmas trip. For 2024, we currently have six trips planned, but only because we are doing two DCL cruises and have two destination weddings to attend.

I was on the list, but asked to be taken off simply because I’m still an active poster.

Yes. I Guess my point is I know many of those good folks on the list have also done the same. That’s why I suggested a truly new list of current posters.
Does anyone really care about posters from 15 years ago that have sold their points and haven’t been here for 10+ years?? I mean, sad to say but probably some of those have passed.
I was on the list, but asked to be taken off simply because I’m still an active poster.
I remember you from my early days posting on this board.....early 2006. Good to see some people still posting after being gone for a long time.

So....I was taught many years ago from some fellow DVC big point guys about using DVC for snowbirding for "free". Its a very basic formula.....calculate the points you would need, buy twice that amount and rent half of those points. The money earned would easy cover all the maintenance fees plus some. We are still years away from retirement, but have done very well with our purchases and rentals over the past 17 years of ownership.

For 2023, we will go to WDW eight times. All of our stays are long weekends, except Christmas-NYE family trip.
We always stay in 1-bedrroms and 2-bedrooms with an occasional Grand Villa stay. This year, we have a GV booked for our Christmas trip. For 2024, we currently have six trips planned, but only because we are doing two DCL cruises and have two destination weddings to attend.
So glad to have validation. My little twist is to find the most economical points that I can get that can be rented out at premium rates…AUL (S)!🥰

How much is that in Dues each year (if you don’t mind me asking)

So Beach Club is next on the list!! ;)
I'm probably and outlier but I don't love Stormalong bay and since we own at Boardwalk we don't have any desire to own at BCV. All the other beach properties just have too high of dues and we wouldn't go there regularly. We mainly go for long weekends, so I book at the different resorts we own at for different times of the year so I don't have to play the 7mon switch game. Our dues are about $17k but I rent some out too to help defray the cost but not half of them.

I'm probably and outlier but I don't love Stormalong bay and since we own at Boardwalk we don't have any desire to own at BCV. All the other beach properties just have too high of dues and we wouldn't go there regularly. We mainly go for long weekends, so I book at the different resorts we own at for different times of the year so I don't have to play the 7mon switch game. Our dues are about $17k but I rent some out too to help defray the cost but not half of them.
We don't love BCV either. We did stay there in June, for our Grandsons.....its not their favorite either.

I love that plan.!!
Just not sure how well I can execute. ;)

So definitely a good 20 days or so per year. That's great.!

I'd love to be able to two 10-day trips each year, but i think one 10-day trip per year is more in my wheel house as a goal, right now I'm only going to be able to do one 10-day trip every 3 years. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter