DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (New)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to know if anyone else in the 1k pointer club plans to rent out half (or some fraction of their points) to break even relatively quickly and to fund the maintenance fees for all their points?

We just rented some holding points that were attached to BC resale contract bc we wouldn't be able to use them on time. Generally speaking, we don't plan on renting out to recoup any money or to pay for maintenance fees on a regular basis. We used all of our points for 2023, except we did bank the points from the BC contract bc we already have our trips planned for the year.

If anything, we might rent points to help finance a cruise, but not set in stone yet.

We just rented some holding points that were attached to BC resale contract bc we wouldn't be able to use them on time. Generally speaking, we don't plan on renting out to recoup any money or to pay for maintenance fees on a regular basis. We used all of our points for 2023, except we did bank the points from the BC contract bc we already have our trips planned for the year.

If anything, we might rent points to help finance a cruise, but not set in stone yet.
You’re well on your way. It’s the best way to use them to finance a dcl cruise!:. Becomes, “lets get these AUL subsided points so we can pay for dues at BCV and stay there for free!”

It’s a slippery slope!

Click ➡️ here to read about the 1st step in our DVC journey down a slippery slope to 1152 points.

Last edited:
How many days a year does the avg 1000 point member spend on vacation??
in 2022 we spent about 608 points on a 2br VGF for 5-6 nights? And 4 nights in a studio + 2br at BCV in the summer hosting extended family. We also transferred around 60 (?) points for a VGC studio during Easter break.

2023: about 16 days, 730 points: a week in a 1br OV at Aulani during Easter break and 8 nights in a 2br at BWV and AKV-kidani savanna view.

2024 which will be our first year with really 1000+ points: looking at a studio long weekend in spring, another 2br, weeklong stay in the summer, and a 2br weeklongish stay over Christmas/New years, and maybe some time over Thanksgiving too (one kid who has been begging to spend her birthday at WDW). We will have some banked points too.

Thanks to Sandisw for taking over the 1,000 point club. We currently have 1,765 points at Grand Floridian and another 250 points at Aulani, which we are waiting for, giving a grand total of 2,015 points. Happy to be a part of the club with all you great people and share the love of DVC including ADD-ON-ITIS!!!!!!!

While it may be still early, there were over 160+ people listed in the 1000 point club. I never got there. But now 31?? Did we lose that many or are they just not participating in discussions?

I'm close....
There is a 750-point contract at BLT that is almost a giveaway
I really want to pull the trigger on it, I just can't get over restrictions

While it may be still early, there were over 160+ people listed in the 1000 point club. I never got there. But now 31?? Did we lose that many or are they just not participating in discussions?

It was requested that I start a new list and not use the old one. So, the only ones who I have included are people who have posted in this new thread and asked to be added.

Anyone from the old list who has not posted here to update their status are not included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter