**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

So is it a horrible idea to keep our Fantasmic dessert pkg? I had considered cancelling it, but it’s our only chance to see Fantasmic, and without the buffer, might be a good way to let the lines clear that first hour?

So is it a horrible idea to keep our Fantasmic dessert pkg? I had considered cancelling it, but it’s our only chance to see Fantasmic, and without the buffer, might be a good way to let the lines clear that first hour?

I'd keep it. Different strokes for different folks, but I personally can't fill the full DAH time (I've left with 30-45 mins on the table both times I've done it), so a show and slow roll-in to DAH would fit well for us.

Dang, Fridays!!! I have an early morning Keys to the Kingdom tour Saturday in May. Although I really liked HS after hours, I have already done it. I may stick to the EMM at HS and try MK DAH. Three new experiences to look forward to.

Thank you thank you thank you ! I just booked May 17th for DHS and May 16th for May MK . I will have to tweak a thing or two as I was reading expecting DHS to be on Saturday but going to make it work. Very excited. Can’t wait. I appreciate everyone on this thread providing information and reviews. Also , just canceled my EMM for May 15th. I am not a morning person so glad this worked out

Has anyone done both EMM HS and DAH HS, which is the better buy?

Sort of apples and oranges. I kind of prefer EMM a bit more for our crew and style, but it really depends on personal preference, if you like late nights or early mornings, if you're motivations are just TSL vs the whole park, etc.

Sort of apples and oranges. I kind of prefer EMM a bit more for our crew and style, but it really depends on personal preference, if you like late nights or early mornings, if you're motivations are just TSL vs the whole park, etc.

I loved both but like DAH more. It felt much less rushed and we enjoyed experiencing the attractions outside of TSL. We’re also 100% night owls so it was much less painful than waking up early!

I was coming to ask this too. I loved EMM at DHS and I loved DAH at MK. Now trying to decide btwn DAH MK or HS. This trip will be me, DD3, DS9, and DS11. I know we will want slinky multiple times and also TSM. DD3 might be tall enough for ToT and ST or not, but the boys will ride for sure. I doubt anyone will do RNRC. I will say I am more a night person than a morning person. I get the AP discount, so the price isn't as much of a consideration. How are lines in TSL during DAH?

I was coming to ask this too. I loved EMM at DHS and I loved DAH at MK. Now trying to decide btwn DAH MK or HS. This trip will be me, DD3, DS9, and DS11. I know we will want slinky multiple times and also TSM. DD3 might be tall enough for ToT and ST or not, but the boys will ride for sure. I doubt anyone will do RNRC. I will say I am more a night person than a morning person. I get the AP discount, so the price isn't as much of a consideration. How are lines in TSL during DAH?

When I went in January everything was a walk-on aside from SDD. I’ve read different reports on here-some had to wait for Midway Mania too but we never did. SDD average wait time was around 20 min during the event I attended.

So bummed there is no June 7th! Does that mean there is something else going on that night? We fly in May 31st at 9:00pm so we can't do that night! Bummer!

Super specific question, for those who have been... regarding the frozen treats. I’m in the unfortunate position of being both extremely lactose intolerant and allergic to strawberries. All I’ve seen or heard about are the mickey ice cream and frozen strawberry bars at these events. Has anyone been able to get a different fruit flavor or something? Or would I be out of luck? Thanks.

We were planning on going to DHS our first night and just so happens to be an event night. Do you think the event increases crowds in the evening to the point where you wouldn't be able to do anything or grab a 4th FP?

We were planning on going to DHS our first night and just so happens to be an event night. Do you think the event increases crowds in the evening to the point where you wouldn't be able to do anything or grab a 4th FP?

This has generally not been the case for DAH events to date. They guest count is still relatively small compared to the day guest population and people have different agendas... some want to get some dinner, some want to see SWAGS or F!, sure, some may want to get FPs/ride rides - but it’s not a major source of demand as DAH guests will have their run of the park later on. Yes, it does bring some people into the park that might not otherwise be there, but from a practical matter it’d be hard to tell/feel a difference one way or the other, in my opinion.

This has generally not been the case for DAH events to date. They guest count is still relatively small compared to the day guest population and people have different agendas... some want to get some dinner, some want to see SWAGS or F!, sure, some may want to get FPs/ride rides - but it’s not a major source of demand as DAH guests will have their run of the park later on. Yes, it does bring some people into the park that might not otherwise be there, but from a practical matter it’d be hard to tell/feel a difference one way or the other, in my opinion.
Thank you. It will be our first park visit of this trip and I have 3 fps booked, so didn't really want to adjust our plans.

Just purchased our DAH for June 21 for me, DH(1st time at Disney), and DD(15). DD and I did MK DAH last July and was 1 of the best nights ever!
So glad they moved it to Fridays, because we move to the Yachtclub CL June 18 - 22 and love having the option to walk to/from DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter