Disney Fantasy January 21, 2017 — 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise

So glad to see there are some other people on the cruise with us!!!

This will be our second Disney cruise. We did the Western Caribbean before, just on the Magic.

@jessmatra, that is awesome that you will be celebrating your birthday on the cruise...what a great present! I have a daughter who will be 15 by time we cruise. Maybe you two can meet up.

We are on deck 2.

Yes, my family and good friends of ours are looking forward to this sailing. Our first Disney Cruise but their second. Can't wait! It will feel more real to me we pass the 365 day countdown mark.

The Gaston's and the Foster's are on this sailing. We have two connecting cabins on deck 6. I'm in one with my two sons, and DDIL. The other cabin has DD, DGD, DD's husband, and her mother-in-law. I think of it as the Herding Cat's cruise! I can't wait to pet stingrays, and watch Abby dance.

{content edited by a moderator to comply with board rules. Please see the sticky here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/important-disney-cruise-meet-threads-please-read.3298909/}

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm in! We'll be on Deck 12. My wife & daughter are super excited. Just got off our second cruise on the Dream & are excited about doing a longer cruise.
Is Andy still in concierge? Sailed with him on our first cruise on the Dream ... he is such a hoot!

Hello all . . . my husband and I will be on this cruise. It will be our second cruise, as we just took a 4-night cruise on the Dream back in December which was our first. We are so excited to cruise again. I can't wait.

Welcome to all of those joining us! It will be 5 years since our last cruise when we set sail next January. I'm sailing with my DH, DD, and DS.
I have spent my snow day researching excursions!! January 2017 can't get here fast enough!!

We'll be joining you all as well!!

Deck 7 will be represented! This will be only our second veranda room and I plan on utilizing it as much as possible.

This will be our 6th Disney Cruise and second on board the Fantasy. This trip will just be myself and my DD who will be celebrating his 57th birthday on the 24th while we are in Grand Caymen. We've done the Western Caribbean before but we haven't been to Cozumel or Falmouth so we are looking forward to new locations. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. The last couple of cruises have been with another podcast so we've always known a lot of the people. It will be weird not being with them, but the timing just didn't work out this time.

{content edited by a moderator to comply with the board rules. Please see the sticky here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/important-disney-cruise-meet-threads-please-read.3298909/}

Right now we are planning on flying out the Wednesday before the cruise and visiting the parks and then will stay a couple of days afterwards to rest up after our cruise. We always threaten to hit Universal and visit Harry Potter, maybe this time we will actually do it. HA!

Last edited by a moderator:
My youngest DS (27) and I had an amazing time over at the Dark Side visiting both sides of Harry Potter and taking Hogwarts Express between the two. I recommend Diagon Alley first and then Hogsmeade.

My youngest DS (27) and I had an amazing time over at the Dark Side visiting both sides of Harry Potter and taking Hogwarts Express between the two. I recommend Diagon Alley first and then Hogsmeade.

How many days did you spend there? Is it something that can be done in a day? We aren't big roller coaster people, so other than HP I don't know how much well want to hang around.

We spent 3 days of - 4 to 6 hour blocks just doing HP. the only other thing we did was Spiderman. I love the coasters there, but Hulk is out of commission. I love Men in Black, there was a super long wait for the Simpson's ride (70 minutes). DS was hyperfocused on HP. We got 2 day Park to Park tickets with one extra day free through on off site provider that I'm not sure can be mentioned here. To see both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, and to ride Hogswart Express you need the Park to Park ticket.

Also look into buying the Universal meal plan ahead of time online. The meal plan is counter service plus a snack and you save a little. Butter beer counts as a snack -- think carmel root beer like. I liked it, not everyone does.

Hello! Christina and my boyfriend Bob here from Sanford, FL (Orlando suburb). We just got off the Fantasy last week on the Eastern Car itinerary - for both of us it was our first Disney cruise and for Bob it was his first cruise ever. Bob decided he loves cruising and we both love the DCL, so we decided to book again onboard. Last week we traveled with my sister and her family, but as of right now they have not rebooked. Bob and I don't have any kids, but we seemed to do just fine with the good amount of adult-only areas and shows.

Does anyone know if a page on the popular social network has been created yet for this particular sailing? I searched for our date but can not find it.

We'll be joining everyone! It will be me, DH, DS9 and DD7. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. We've taken short cruises on the Dream and Magic and are looking forward to a longer cruise.

Hello, everyone! DH, DS (10 at time of cruise), DD (weeks from 7 at time of cruise), and I will be on this cruise. Looking forward to our first cruise! We were scheduled to be on the 9 Jan Star Wars inaugural sailing this year, but life happened and we rescheduled. Can't wait for this one, although another countdown is killer!! The one thing that makes me feel a little better is that apparently we didn't miss all that much in the way of Star Wars hoopla. Anywho, can't wait for this to FINALLY happen! LOL We've done DW twice, we loved it but wanted to try something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter