Disney Magic Kingdoms

Re: grumpy mess

I don’t know if any of you ever check out the reddit page on this game, but there is a LOT of talk of regularly paying players on that sub who are going to be leaving the game and discussions of boycotting ads and such. One poster even went so far to as suggest contacting the advertisers who use the game as a medium and asking them why they use a game that in short encourages children gambling on loot crates. Idk, there’s just a lot over there and I know GL devs are checking in on that page so it’s good to see that DMK players have been making our feelings super obvious. Sad to see that GL doesn’t care to at least acknowledge it and try to figure something out.

One thing I did see over there was what was shared from a GL forum: previously purchased premium items in another game were edited to have lower production/drop rates, and given how this game is turning out, I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if we saw something like that happen here soon.

I know it is just an extra character that is not needed for the main story, but it is pretty frustrating - especially the gambling nature of buying chests (via gems - which can be obtained via real money) .... I am trying to stay obtimistic and that we don't know how it will all play out and by the end of the event there will be a number of ways of earning chests and/or Grumpy so it won't be so impossible/extreme as it feels right now - but I am losing hope

I've given up on Grumpy. I've only received 1 owl & 1 ear hat. My SW drops have been pitiful. It took 4 days to welcome Sneezy. However, I could furnish several homes with my collection of Snow White benches. I'm glad I purchased the Dopey bundle since he's my favorite. At least I can enjoy watching his antics.

I encourage everyone to dig out your old phones and get the game on it to start gaming the system with the magic chests. ...
I've been doing this in my downtime, just one chest at a time because of my refusal to spend any more unless they provide better information or do something about the stupid gambling game. But, no luck here yet either, after probably 100 chests.

I play on my ipad and my iphone, and only my iphone got the prompt to do Jessie & Woody’s task this morning. Does anyone know if anybody has to be a certain level for that quest to jump start?
I was at the point of waiting to welcome Bashful for the greater part of a day to a day and a half now, and haven't leveled any event characters since early yesterday, and just now a task for Woody and Jessie randomly popped up, while I'm not doing much other than collecting for Bashful at this point for over two hours now. I have no clue what prompted the quest.

Is this a SW event, red quest? Or is it a main story line quest?
It's a red, event quest, but under Welcome Bashful in my list.

My Dopey has gone out for 12 hour tasks looking for Grumpy items. And come back with ONE, out of four turns. Frankly, I think he's pretty useless at this. Thanks, Gameloft. You are succeeding in your goals, if your goals were to make me want to quit.

I don’t know if any of you ever check out the reddit page on this game, but there is a LOT of talk of regularly paying players on that sub who are going to be leaving the game and discussions of boycotting ads and such. One poster even went so far to as suggest contacting the advertisers who use the game as a medium and asking them why they use a game that in short encourages children gambling on loot crates. Idk, there’s just a lot over there and I know GL devs are checking in on that page so it’s good to see that DMK players have been making our feelings super obvious. Sad to see that GL doesn’t care to at least acknowledge it and try to figure something out.

One thing I did see over there was what was shared from a GL forum: previously purchased premium items in another game were edited to have lower production/drop rates, and given how this game is turning out, I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if we saw something like that happen here soon.

Good. I hope they are reading this. Oh, and I got one magical crate today from the contest and got one owl, so now I am 3% of the way there. LOL :rolleyes:

In general, I am not a fan of cheating when I play games. And I'm not willing to play the whole "2 devices" game even though I think Gameloft deserves it at this point. But I do appreciate those of you who are sharing that you have tried this since it exposes just how bad the odds are in the little gambling scheme.

I understand and agree with many of the criticisms over Grumpy, who knows I may even have a negative post or two about Grumpy :rotfl:, but suggesting that we contacts advertisers is just silly. If it makes people feel better boycotting ads than go for it, but unless most people do that, which they won’t, than that is relatively pointless. I usually watch 4 ads a day for gems, play on two devices, and will watch an ads for chests during events or if I’m not maxed out on happiness.

For Grumpy, I decided to spend 100 gems on magical chests and any gems I make during the event will be used on magical chests. At least for now, that’s as far as I’m going to go. Currently have 17/60 Owles and 8/40 Hats, so realistically I know I’ll spend extra gems later in the event.

While I wish they would post some type of odds rarity levels, I find the fact that the # of cards rewarded in magical chests can vary more bothersome, since that number should always be the same, imo. So far I’ve found 2 cards the most common amount, but I did have one chest that gave 4 or 5. Sure, I was extremely happy with that chest, 3 Grumpy hats, but each chest should be the same. Why not make it he same as most Chest and have 3 cards in them?

I play on my ipad and my iphone, and only my iphone got the prompt to do Jessie & Woody’s task this morning. Does anyone know if anybody has to be a certain level for that quest to jump start?
I didn't know what you were talking about at first but that task just popped up for me. I didn't level anyone up or do anything it just randomly came up.

So this morning I accidentally tapped on cursed land (as I am so prone to do), and instead of the "coming soon" message I normally get, I got a message to clear the curse. Odd thing is that I never received a prompt from Merlin to go ahead and clear the area. So now I have the corner behind It's a Small World being cleared. Takes 24 hours to clear the curse. However, those lazy interns are at it again... 1 million magic to clear that space. That's one way to get us to use our endless magic. Down to 10.5 million now. Alas...

anyone else finding Bashful really hard to get? Need 15 of these accordions and a lot of tasks are pretty long and some lower chances of getting stuff. I am yet to get a single items since starting this morning
Through my early rounds of drops, I am doing ok so far. I have three accordions and two hats. Since I am boycotting the whole Grumpy thing, Dopey's two-hour task for the accordions is going to be an immense help, and just need eight hats, so I think even though those are longer tasks to earn those, it shouldn't be too bad. Of course, I am sure my next rounds I will not get anything either. :-)

So this morning I accidentally tapped on cursed land (as I am so prone to do), and instead of the "coming soon" message I normally get, I got a message to clear the curse. Odd thing is that I never received a prompt from Merlin to go ahead and clear the area. So now I have the corner behind It's a Small World being cleared. Takes 24 hours to clear the curse. However, those lazy interns are at it again... 1 million magic to clear that space. That's one way to get us to use our endless magic. Down to 10.5 million now. Alas...

That was the one plot of land they opened after the last update. can understand how you missed that though, you’ve had much better things to do the last few weeks. :thumbsup2

anyone else finding Bashful really hard to get? Need 15 of these accordions and a lot of tasks are pretty long and some lower chances of getting stuff. I am yet to get a single items since starting this morning

So far I have had Mike, Sully and Doc/Sneezy come back from their first attempts to collect ear hats for Bashful. I ended up with 1 ear hat out of 3 possible chances. The characters looking for his accordion tokens have not completed their tasks yet. I am also waiting for Dopey to give up on the pointless attempt to look for Grumpy ears so I can start sending him out to help Bashful.

Since you were at WDW, we forgive you for not noticing. But we were able to clear that land the day the update dropped but before Snow White started. No Merlin prompt, it just became available.

That was the one plot of land they opened after the last update. can understand how you missed that though, you’ve had much better things to do the last few weeks. :thumbsup2
Since you were at WDW, we forgive you for not noticing. But we were able to clear that land the day the update dropped but before Snow White started. No Merlin prompt, it just became available.
Thank you both. Yeah, since the event started I really didn't get a chance to play much. I didn't even try too hard on the clouds, and only got the prompt to welcome Bashful this morning, about two hours before he became available. At least I was able to stay sort of on track. What's even odder is that I've been able to fit out every single building, including the two new ones so far, without even needing this new patch.

Last edited:
Amazing time, although the final day turned cold and nasty. Drove down to Ft. Lauderdale for a couple of days and it rained all the way down 95. Weather there was a little warmer, but the friends I was visiting all had on their coats. Crazy locals. Of course, when I arrived back home, we had snow. Guess 35 in WDW beats 35 in NYC.

Hey watch the crazy local stuff :lmao::lmao::lmao:. I did have a light wind breaker on.

That cool front did bring a lot of rain down here. When you drove thru Palm Beach Gardens you were with a mile of me.

Any temp in WDW is good as long as you are not running in a RunDisney event. Then it is no fun at all. Ran in a couple of these see events. You end up thinking why and the heck am I doing this. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter