Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lighting, Ventilation Added to Walt Disney World Railroad Tunnel Under TRON Lightcycle Run at Magic Kingdom

As you can see in our photos below, Disney has recently added lightning and what appears to be some ventilation to the tunnel that will allow the train to run beneath the TRON Lightcycle Run attraction and related walkways. Here’s a look!

In this first wide photo, we can see the tunnel in the middle right of the photo and work taking place to connect the tunnel to the nearby existing railroad track.

disney-world-railraod-tunnel-tron-1.jpg

A closer look at the tunnel itself reveals the work taking place inside the tunnel.

disney-world-railraod-tunnel-tron-3.jpg

Windows are also part of the design.

disney-world-railraod-tunnel-tron-2.jpg

At the rate this project is going, they must be planning on re-opening the railroad for the 60th celebration.

Are people receiving email alerts from disboards these days? I haven't received any for about 2 days.
Interesting...I stopped getting email alerts a couple years ago and no matter what I did I couldn't get them. Then, when the DIS changed servers a month or so ago they magically reappeared. I was so happy to get alerts again. But, now that you mention it, I haven't gotten any the past two days. ☹️

Last edited:

First Look at the 2022 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival Passport

The 2022 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival is upon us, and we’re here at the park to bring you everything you need to know for your visit. First up is a look at this year’s festival passport.

2022-EPCOT-International-Food-Wine-Festival-Passport-11-1200x900.jpg

You can pick up your complimentary passport at the front of the park.

2022-EPCOT-International-Food-Wine-Festival-Passport-2-1200x900.jpg
2022-EPCOT-International-Food-Wine-Festival-Passport-7-1200x900.jpg

Information about the non-consumable parts of the festival are at the front of the passport.
2022-EPCOT-International-Food-Wine-Festival-Passport-10-1200x900.jpg
2022-EPCOT-International-Food-Wine-Festival-Passport-9-1200x900.jpg

*click for more pics

Foodie Guide to DOLE Whip Day 2022 at Disney

A41BD731-4E13-46D9-99D2-117B30C3E296.jpeg

Are you ready for DOLE Whip Day? I sure hope so because July 21 is just around the corner. To celebrate this momentous foodie occasion, I’ve put together each and every place you can get your hands on this classic fan favorite, including some exclusive offerings just for DOLE Whip Day being offered from July 21 through 24. Going forward we will be enjoying this day on the third Thursday in July – so mark your calendars for next year!

From Aloha Isle at Magic Kingdom Park to The Tropical Hideaway at the Disneyland park, even on the high seas aboard a Disney Cruise Line Ship, there are plenty of goodies to enjoy. Your appetite better be ready because your taste buds won’t be able to get enough of this classic Disney delight. With multiple flavors and concoctions of DOLE Whip to try, there’s truly something for everyone.

If you’ve got a sweet tooth and want a refreshing snack, you’re going to love this Foodie Guide. I present to you all the DOLE Whip you can imagine at Disney locations across the globe!

* click to view all locations and offerings

One thing I've never understood is why Disney doesn't include a map showing all of the food booths in the passport. Thankfully DFB usually puts one on their website that I print out and carry with me. I know they have large maps in the World Showcase that show the booths, but it's nice to just have one in your pocket.

‘Paint your Palate’ With New Figment Food Merchandise

These tumblers retail at $29.99. We spotted the entire line at Port of Entry first thing this morning.

1657807128229.jpeg

1657807105638.jpeg

figment

In the world of aprons, this $29.99 design just perfectly captures Figment’s lovable self.

A Kitchen Mit Fit for Creativity For $14.99

figment

y tossing up quite the culinary celebration.

figment

Each plastic plate retails for $12.99.

Figment Fun with Tee and Ornament​

figment

Figment plays a bit with fire in the back of this year’s festival t-shirt as he remarks: “Just one spark cooks my creation.”

figment

figment

The “Paint your Palate Purple” moniker returns on an ornament as well, which sells for $22.99.

figment

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter