Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Preview Coming to D23 Expo 2022

D23 just announced that Disney Parks will host the Wonderful World of Dreams pavilion at this year’s expo. The pavilion will have “behind-the-scenes glimpses” of several upcoming Disney Parks experiences, including Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure concept art

The new attraction featuring Princess Tiana from “The Princess and the Frog” will replace Splash Mountain at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland in 2024.

The story of the ride is that Tiana, with Naveen and Louis, sets off on a journey to host a unique Mardi Gras party. Guests will be “active participants” in the ride and it will end with the “ultimate Mardi Gras party.”

Article is inaccurate. Hours only updated through 8/27, so the 8/30 party is still showing 9am.

Also, this all happened on 7/15 when they updated hours through 8/27. I'm unclear why it's showing as a new news story dated today.
Another blog has also just posted the same story. However, they only go to the 26th.

Magic Kingdom to Open Earlier Than Normal on Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Dates

Magic Kingdom normally opens to all guests at 9am, and resort guests are able to start riding select attractions starting at 8:30am. However, on select dates (so far), Magic Kingdom will open to all guests at 8am and to resort guests at 7:30am. Here’s a look at the dates:

• August 12, 16, 19, 23, 26: Park hours from 8am to 6pm

Last edited:
Disney Weddings has no plans to bring back their pre-pandemic engagement options.

While some stuff is still listed on their website, I was told directly that they have no plans to bring back their pre-pandemic offerings. I’ve been calling every couple of months trying to see if they’re going to do it, but today they told me definitely that they don’t plan on bringing it back.

I don’t know if this is the official line, but that’s what I was told today when I tried to set something up for my upcoming trip.

Another blog has also just posted the same story. However, they only go to the 26th.

Magic Kingdom to Open Earlier Than Normal on Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Dates

Magic Kingdom normally opens to all guests at 9am, and resort guests are able to start riding select attractions starting at 8:30am. However, on select dates (so far), Magic Kingdom will open to all guests at 8am and to resort guests at 7:30am. Here’s a look at the dates:

• August 12, 16, 19, 23, 26: Park hours from 8am to 6pm

Yeah, I guess it's odd to me that they posted a news story about it today. (Not odd that you posted the story, I agree that the article is dated today. Odd that it's being posted by a blog now when it all happened on back on 7/15 when they did the expansion for most of August. When you posted a new story, I assumed more hours had changed since then, but they haven't.)

Wine Cork Caricatures at 2022 EPCOT Food & Wine Festival

Looking for the most unique souvenir from the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival? A new offering called Cork Toons will turn a wine cork into a caricature in just 5 minutes! Located near the Germany Pavilion, Cork Toons is a new idea from longtime Disney operating participants Artistic Talent Group. Here’s a look at the offering, which has two price points ($19 and $25) depending on if you want a display stand or not. Artists can create a wine cork caricature from either a photo or in person.

cork-toons-portrait-2022-epcot-food-wine-1.jpg

cork-toons-portrait-2022-epcot-food-wine-3.jpg

Am I reading too much into a d23 announcement of a duffy domestic relaunch with Carlye Wiesel’s latest announcement

Not going to lie - the amount of likes this post had surprised me a little bit. I didn't know that a lot of people missed Duffy and his friends in the US parks. They are MASSIVE at Tokyo Disneyland and I wasn't sure if that level of success would be possible at WDW/DL. Still, would be happy to see more of them.

My kids love Duffy and Friends, they are so cute. So I would love for it!

Not going to lie - the amount of likes this post had surprised me a little bit. I didn't know that a lot of people missed Duffy and his friends in the US parks. They are MASSIVE at Tokyo Disneyland and I wasn't sure if that level of success would be possible at WDW/DL. Still, would be happy to see more of them.
I bought a Gelatoni when we went to Tokyo and my 2 year old now likes to sleep with him. I would love to see Duffy and friends in our parks

I bought a Gelatoni when we went to Tokyo and my 2 year old now likes to sleep with him. I would love to see Duffy and friends in our parks
Me too. I was just a little surprised since I didn't remember Duffy to initially be a "huge" hit when he was in the US parks. He had a meet and greet in World Showcase, the stuffed bear and the book that came with it and that was about it. His friends are super adorable though.

Me too. I was just a little surprised since I didn't remember Duffy to initially be a "huge" hit when he was in the US parks. He had a meet and greet in World Showcase, the stuffed bear and the book that came with it and that was about it. His friends are super adorable though.
They had the Duffy bedtime story on WDW resort TVs every night for several years as well.

I do think it would be smart to bring back the Duffy’s in the world showcase to color. It is so much better than picking up the passport ziplocs. My kids would sit and color them with other kids all day. It is a great way to suck up some people without adding attractions. I know it isn’t many but the investment on them is so cheap. Fingers crossed that they return to the world showcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter