Disney Wall Art Swap--Interest Thread

What if you did a ROY G BIV motif on the diagonal?

R O Y G B I V
O Y G B I V ?
Y G B I V ? ?
G B I V Disney

The 3 Question marks could be something darker than violet, 2 Dark purple (villains) 1 Black (Mickey)

If you had 13 swappers, each person would get 2 Mickey heads and one would get 1 head and "Disney".

I LOVE your idea, but you have more letters (25 + word) in your diagram than will fit on a 12x12 canvas. We can have 23 Mickey heads and 1 word.
How about:

P R O Y G
R O Y G B
O Y G B V
Y G B V K
G B V K @

P=PINK, K=BLACK, @=word
The pink could be embellished princessy, could even do black/white dalmation themed spots using flocking and a little collar for a black Mickey head. OR the 2 spots where I have black (K) could be gray/silver to make it Epcot or Dumbo themed. If you guys don't want BRIGHT PRIMARY rainbow colors...we could do these colors but in more subdued medium value shades. Thoughts?

I LOVE your idea, but you have more letters (25 + word) in your diagram than will fit on a 12x12 canvas. We can have 23 Mickey heads and 1 word.
How about:

P R O Y G
R O Y G B
O Y G B V
Y G B V K
G B V K @

P=PINK, K=BLACK, @=word
The pink could be embellished princessy, could even do black/white dalmation themed spots using flocking and a little collar for a black Mickey head. OR the 2 spots where I have black (K) could be gray/silver to make it Epcot or Dumbo themed. If you guys don't want BRIGHT PRIMARY rainbow colors...we could do these colors but in more subdued medium value shades. Thoughts?

Awesome! I am having a much easier time envisioning now...I was scared before that I would not be able to figure it all out! I was hoping to incorporate princess! These will be cute!!!

How about:

P R O Y G
R O Y G B
O Y G B V
Y G B V K
G B V K @

P=PINK, K=BLACK, @=word

sounds like a good compromise :thumbsup2 so we would sign up for a specific color/theme then?

Okay, I was originally thinking of having people sign up to claim certain techinques...not sure what to do now. I'd love your input. I am thinking it would be better for swappers to sign up for a color and then go with their own ideas to embellish. Say you pick yellow...maybe you want to recreate Belle's dress front as your Mickey head. I don't want to lock you into paper tearing for example when you might use other techniques that fit with your idea. People can/should use several embellishing techniques really. Say you pick red...you could do a Minnie Mouse themed idea with red base/white lace bloomer and then paper piece her old fashioned hat with the flower coming out of the top and pop dot that on the decorated base plus attach a small felt or paper flower coming out of her hat on a wire. See what I mean? Lots of techniques used there. What do you think?

Any suggestions for the below list?

Potential List of Ideas For Ways to Embellish (Work in progress):

paper piecing
ephemera collage look
flocking
felt or altered paper flower (stamp on flower, paint it, etc.)
rhinestones, sequins
spray on color/paint
glitter, stickles, shimmer mist
paper tearing and inking edges
embossing machine
corrugated cardboard
chalking/inking
eyelets or brads used creatively
safety pin/hat box pin
ribbon and charm
heat embossing
paper quilling
small tag embellished & attached
shaker box
hand color a stamped image (Copics markers)
sewing by hand or machine
covered chipboard
walnut or alcohol ink
watercolor
banner flag on string
use fabric
magic mesh
wire, staple, metal, metallic
twill, raffia, twine, jute
charms and/or beads
use a clear item: acryllic or transparency
buttons
paper distressing edges & inking
wrinkling paper and inking/chalking
pop dots
mosaic paper art
cross stitch/embroidery floss stitching or knots
computer word art
crystal lacquer
Jolees stickers

I would have everyone pick a color, then they can pick a theme.
Say you pick yellow and do Belle, I pick yellow and use a softer yellow and do a Pooh theme.
Light green could be Tiana, bright green could be Goofy, etc.....

Basically in terms of embellishments they are like ATCs, there really isn't any right or wrong to what techniques you use.

Gonna drive you nuts one more time, then I will head to Trader Joes.
Note to self, word is Magic not Disney! Lol
I swear your post said Disney.

thanks for the list Traci....think I figured out what I want to do, will PM you!

Buffy, hope you are feeling better!

this one is shaping into some fun! :goodvibes I think I'll keep my eye out for signups! :thumbsup2

thanks for the list Traci....think I figured out what I want to do, will PM you!

Buffy, hope you are feeling better!

I am, thank you for thinking of me.
I have learned to not eat junk after eating clean and healthy for a week. Tummy is better but the headaches, MY WORD! they are back with a vengeance.

I like all of these ideas! Then there would be a lot of different shades of colors, like Buffy said- pooh shade of yellow, belle shade of yellow, etc.

I do think when we sign up colors we might want to give a general idea of what we are doing with the color so we don't end up with 4 blue donald themes, 4 belles, and 5 tianas?? Just an idea?

Since it sounds like everyone likes the colorful idea, they should all show up easily on a white canvas then :)

Traci, quick question.
Will the base of all the layers be a mickey head? Or can it be something that pertains to the character?

Did we decide Character only? Or anything Disney? I can't remember and I can't retain the posts, stupid migraine.

Michelle, I was thinking when we pick a color we could say Green - Tiana just like we do when we pick an element, tags, paper piecing etc...

But honestly even is someone did say a Red villain and a Deep purple villain I don't think it would matter much because everyones use of ephemera would be so different.
I'd like to have people not list their ephemera ideas only because I'd like the element of surprise.

Oh and if we do decide to do character only, and it goes over well, maybe we could do a park one in the future?

I really like the character idea and have already sent Traci my request for sign up since I won't be home :thumbsup2

the element of surprise is a great idea too Buffy...just post your color and character :thumbsup2

this is going to be such a cool swap :cool1::cool1:

hope your headache goes away quick...my migraines have been so much better lately due to getting neck relief massages every month down from 3 to 1 days for the most part

I agree!! I didn't mean specifics, just a general idea. I like the idea of characters too. I like the idea of a park one too. I like the idea of just Mickey heads embellished like the hearts on the examples. I am fine with whatever.

I need to go to the chiro again but my headaches are a side effect of inadvertently adding sugar and HFCS into my diet this weekend.

Dropped 4 pounds though! Down 16 since January.

wow, I think I am in! This sounds just simply fantastic!

Love the idea of being themed to characters- and all mickey heads! Reminds me of vinylmations!

If it goes well, I'd also be up for a park themed one. It could say "memories" instead of magic...or "dream" or something like that..just to have something different from this first swap. It could be like a series of art pieces! :)

I think that I am in for this one. I had an idea similar to this for my kitchen art. :)

Would it be easier to have several groups at one time? Maybe the big Mickey head one and then some smaller themed ones? Princess, Star Wars, Parks etc? Just a thought :)

I am thinking it will be basically be like Altered Letters, only just a mickey head instead of the letter M.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter