Disney Wall Art Swap--Interest Thread

I LOVE your idea, but you have more letters (25 + word) in your diagram than will fit on a 12x12 canvas. We can have 23 Mickey heads and 1 word.
How about:

P R O Y G
R O Y G B
O Y G B V
Y G B V K
G B V K @

P=PINK, K=BLACK, @=word
The pink could be embellished princessy, could even do black/white dalmation themed spots using flocking and a little collar for a black Mickey head. OR the 2 spots where I have black (K) could be gray/silver to make it Epcot or Dumbo themed. If you guys don't want BRIGHT PRIMARY rainbow colors...we could do these colors but in more subdued medium value shades. Thoughts?

I love this idea!

Traci, quick question.
Will the base of all the layers be a mickey head? Or can it be something that pertains to the character?

Did we decide Character only? Or anything Disney? I can't remember and I can't retain the posts, stupid migraine.

I was thinking only the 2 inch Mickey head shape. If we do other shapes, then it might be hard to fit everything on the 12 x 12 canvas. since everyone wants to go with the character theme...we'll go with that. Cute! If this goes good, we can do other themes like parks, attractions, etc. and make it an art series.:thumbsup2:)

And yes, we can sign up color and character so there are not repeats.

I was thinking we might really want to do gray for the lower right hand corner where I put black (K) in the diagram. That way the word Magic will really stand out better. The gray could be Eeyore, Dumbo...what else?

Oh I like Gray!!
Dumbo
Eeyore
Bernard
Steamboat Willie
Remy
One of the boy cats from Aristocats

do you want suggestions for other colors?

Tramp, Baloo, Thumper are other grays. Eeorye is blue or gray. Bruce is blue or gray too? Ursual is a weird shade of grayish purple!

Thanks for the gray character ideas! I was blanking out on that one. Maybe it would be good to brainstorm a list of colors/characters that I could put up when sign ups open. Suggestions are welcome! I'll work on this myself too. I'm going to head out in a bit to see which stores carry the 12 x12 canvas and get their prices. I have JoAnne's , Hobby Lobby, Michaels here local. I'll also look online.

I love the gray idea too! this is going to turn out SO CUTE!!!!!!!

Love your link dacky. Some of those cakes are TDF!! I started following her.:)

I updated the first post with prices for the canvas at my local crafting stores.

This concept seems to get better & better with each post! :thumbsup2 I was a little fuzzy on the details at first, but thought I'd at lease check into it ..... now I'm thinking I better not slack on signups or I'll get shut out!!! :rotfl:

Thanks for the gray character ideas! I was blanking out on that one. Maybe it would be good to brainstorm a list of colors/characters that I could put up when sign ups open. Suggestions are welcome! I'll work on this myself too. I'm going to head out in a bit to see which stores carry the 12 x12 canvas and get their prices. I have JoAnne's , Hobby Lobby, Michaels here local. I'll also look online.

I'd love a list, it would help during signups. Do you have an idea when that might be, BTW?

Pink:
Sleeping beauty
piglet
Marie
Cheshire Cat
Flora (Sleeping Beauty)
Mulan (could be dark pink or maroon)
Daisy (Or purple)

Red:
Mickey
Snow white (Also blue or yellow)
Jafar
Minnie
Hook (darker maroon red??)
Gaston
Queen of Hearts
Rosetta
Lightening McQueen
Incredibles

Orange:
Thomas O'Malley
Nemo
Tigger
Mufasa
Goofy (could also be Green or blue)
Timon
Robin Hood
Fawn
Terrance

Yellow:
Pooh
Belle
Pluto
Simba
Jane (Tarzan and Jane)
Rabbit
Jessie
Iridessa

Green:
Dopey
Quasimodo
Little John (Robin hood)
Malificent
Peter Pan
Tink
Ariel (could also be Red)
Mike Wazowski
Jasmine (or blue)
Buzz (or purple)
LGM's
Fauna (sleeping beauty)

Blue:
Sulley
Genie
Alice
Stitch
Blue Fairy
Meriweather (sleeping Beauty)
Cinderella
Donald
Silvermist (or Gray)
Fairy Godmother (could be purple)
Woody (could be red or yellow)
Merida (could be green or red)

Violet/Purple:
Evil Queen
Bianca
Lady Tremaine
Esmerelda
Aladdin
Rapunzel
Beast (Or Blue)
Vidia

Grey:
Eeyore
Tramp
Rafiki
Baloo
Dumbo
Bernard
Thumper
Steam Boat Willie
Remy

Pink:
Sleeping beauty
piglet
Marie
Cheshire Cat
Sleeping beauty's fairy
Mulan (could be dark pink or maroon)

Red:
Mickey
Hook Snow white (Also blue or yellow)
Jafar
Minnie
Hook (darker maroon red??)
Gaston
Queen of Hearts

Orange:
Thomas O'Malley
Nemo
Tigger
Mufasa
Goofy (could also be Green or blue)
Timon
Robin Hood

Yellow:
Pooh
Belle
Pluto
Simba
Jane (Tarzan and Jane)
Rabbit

Green:
Dopey
Quasimodo
Little John (Robin hood)
Malificent
Peter Pan
Tink
Ariel (could also be Red)
Mike Wazowski
Jasmine

Blue:
Sulley
Genie
Alice
Stitch
Blue Fairy
Fairy from Sleeping Beauty
Cinderella
Donald

Violet/Purple:
Evil Queen
Fairy Godmother (could also be blue)
Bianca
Lady Tremaine
Esmerelda
Aladdin

Grey:
Eeyore
Tramp
Rafiki
Baloo
Dumbo
Bernard
Thumper
Steam Boat Willie
Remy

:cool1::cheer2: Thanks Buffy!

Great list! You rock!!

The only thing I could think of to add to the purples is Daisy can be purple or pink. Rapunzel could be purple because her dress is a lavendar color. Jasmine could be listed under blue, but that might be a tricky one.

The blue fairy from Sleeping Beauty is Meriweather ;) (our car is named after her)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter