Disney Wonder 5 night Alaskan August 2 2017

Well I will give my Info so it is posted as well!!

Cabin #6599
Swett Family
Danielle (36 DM) Ariel/Minnie/Mickey/FIGMENT!
Danny (39 DH) R2D2/Grumpy
Abigayl (12 DD) Ariel/Anna/Elsa
Quincy (10 DS) Yoda/Kylo Ren/Stitch
Celebrations- 3 Years Breast Cancer Free (hopefully!!!) Mom's 37th Birthday! 13 Year Wedding Anniversary!
Allergies- Abigayl (chocolate)

I will start the FE for our cruise! Please post the following info if you would like to join!

Cabin #
Family name
Travelers Names
Age/Gender
Favorite Characters
Special Occasions
Allergies

Thank you for doing this! :mickeyjum

Cabin: # 6147
Family name: Costa
Travelers Names; DW, Lissette Costa 34 (Minnie); DH, Luis Costa 35 (Fantasmic Mickey or Simba); DS, Luis Costa 13 (Anything Starwars & Darth); DS, Adrian Costa 12 (Anything Starwars & Darth); DS, Logan Costa 3 (Mickey, Jake)
Special Occasions- Family Vacation
Allergies-None

Yesterday I was trying to see if there has been any more updates on what renovations will be done to the Wonder while on dry dock. I'm excited to see what they do, I loved the Wonder when we cruised the first time last spring, so I can imagine it will be even more amazing. LMK if you guys have found any more info. :sail:

Hi guys,

New cruisers here. Tomorrow we leave on our first cruise, the Wonder to Ensenada. That will be our test run. If we like the cruise (which I think we will), we will book this Alaska cruise next. I'll be posting here on Wednesday again hopefully to join a FE group!

lisy54, I'm super excited to see what they do to Wonder in dry dock as well. I couldn't find much about it online though. Cool thing is we will be on it just after it has its work done to it!

So excited for this cruise!

It would be nice if DCL would send out a press release before the dry dock to make an announcement but I don't know if that's likely!
I'll be on the Wonder out of Galveston in January about 2 months post-dry dock so I can give a full report once we are back about the changes!
There may be others in the group too who will be sailing shortly after dry dock. While I'm all for a few updates I hope they don't ruin the beauty of the Wonder, know what I mean?

Hi guys,

New cruisers here. Tomorrow we leave on our first cruise, the Wonder to Ensenada. That will be our test run. If we like the cruise (which I think we will), we will book this Alaska cruise next. I'll be posting here on Wednesday again hopefully to join a FE group!

lisy54, I'm super excited to see what they do to Wonder in dry dock as well. I couldn't find much about it online though. Cool thing is we will be on it just after it has its work done to it!

So excited for this cruise!
Hope you have a great time! Maybe while you're on the cruise they'll be info to share when you come back on the remodel.

It would be nice if DCL would send out a press release before the dry dock to make an announcement but I don't know if that's likely!
I'll be on the Wonder out of Galveston in January about 2 months post-dry dock so I can give a full report once we are back about the changes!
There may be others in the group too who will be sailing shortly after dry dock. While I'm all for a few updates I hope they don't ruin the beauty of the Wonder, know what I mean?
I've only been on the Wonder, what I have read is that there's speculation it will have similar features as the Dream. But I'm sure in true Disney style it will be fabulous. Definately will be looking foward to you reporting back ;)

@lisy54 that's interesting because I had read it was going to have similar features to the Magic (which is the sister ship to the Wonder). Guess we'll see! But yes I'll for sure give a full report!!

Oh yay - so glad I found this thread! We are new to Disney cruising, but not new to Disney World. I have my eye on this 5-night cruise mainly because of the cost difference between this and the 7-night. I'm hoping we won't miss too much by only stopping at one port. Do you guys think this specific cruise will do the new tracy arm excursion?

Is the Pan Pacific a good spot for us to stay in Vancouver pre-cruise? I've been researching and think it's directly connected by Sky Train between the airport and hotel. Free shuttle to Grouse Mt. And can walk to Stanley Park. Sound right?

In any event, I'll be following along to see what all of you experts post and what you've heard regarding what work might be done to the Wonder on dry dock!

@TJA Welcome aboard!!

The Pan is very popular since it's so convenient to Canada Place. The skytrain stops very near the port and the Pan Pacific but there isn't a stop right there at the hotel.

We chose the 5 night for the same reason - it was more financially viable than the 7 night for us (don't even get me started on the 9 night lol). I'm crossing my fingers they offer the Tracy Arm excursion!! Don't see why not, I'm sure it'll be a good money maker for DCL. And allows us to get even closer to the action and scenery.

We'll be on the Wonder in January post dry dock so I'll definitely report back about any changes/updates!

Reactions: TJA
@TJA Welcome aboard!!

The Pan is very popular since it's so convenient to Canada Place. The skytrain stops very near the port and the Pan Pacific but there isn't a stop right there at the hotel.

We chose the 5 night for the same reason - it was more financially viable than the 7 night for us (don't even get me started on the 9 night lol). I'm crossing my fingers they offer the Tracy Arm excursion!! Don't see why not, I'm sure it'll be a good money maker for DCL. And allows us to get even closer to the action and scenery.

We'll be on the Wonder in January post dry dock so I'll definitely report back about any changes/updates!

Thank you! I haven't booked our cruise room yet -- we're going back and forth which kind to book. Verandah?

Also, I was just going to book online Disney cruise site. Is that the norm or should I book a different way?

Last edited:
Oh yay - so glad I found this thread! We are new to Disney cruising, but not new to Disney World. I have my eye on this 5-night cruise mainly because of the cost difference between this and the 7-night. I'm hoping we won't miss too much by only stopping at one port. Do you guys think this specific cruise will do the new tracy arm excursion?

Is the Pan Pacific a good spot for us to stay in Vancouver pre-cruise? I've been researching and think it's directly connected by Sky Train between the airport and hotel. Free shuttle to Grouse Mt. And can walk to Stanley Park. Sound right?

In any event, I'll be following along to see what all of you experts post and what you've heard regarding what work might be done to the Wonder on dry dock!

We stayed at the Pan Pacific before our cruise in 2014 and it was awesome. We had a room overlooking where the Wonder docked so we got to see them come in that morning. Even better is that the Pan has small vents at the bottom of the windows so even though we were up high, we opened the vents and could hear the announcement chimes, etc. :goodvibes For next summer, we are choosing a suite-type hotel since we will be there for four nights prior to the cruise and definitely want to take advantage of the kitchen and washer/dryer in room.

The Pan is a bit of a walk from Stanley Park (google maps has it as 1.3 miles). It is do-able but you may also want to consider public transportation to the park. We started to walk towards the park along the Sea Wall but it was too much of a walk for my Mom. Next years room will be down by Stanley Park and we will just cab it over to the Port on the morning of the cruise.

We did use the shuttle to Grouse Mountain and that was super easy (picks up right in front off the hotel).

Reactions: TJA
Great info @jetskigrl thanks! I wonder how it would be to rent bikes for Stanley Park....maybe it would be too much of a hassle to park them when we want to make stops, though. Lots to consider!

I'm really excited to follow along in this thread!

Thoughts on saving up for the 7 nighter....
  • Everything is great about the Pan Pacific... except for cost and availability. If you are trying to save money by going to a 5 nighter...... I would look at hotels a few blocks away for significant savings that can be applied to a 7 or 9 nighter in Alaska.
  • you can also save money by looking at oceanview cabins instead of balconies. Apply the savings for the 7 nighter. Love the Deck 2 giant portholes.... it's like a climate controlled balcony.
  • also look at May & June sailings for lower rates compared to August. The weather is statistically dryer earlier in the season. Bonus!

Last edited:
Hope you will all join the FE Groups! To join please post the following information!

Cabin #
Family name
Travelers Names
Age/Gender
Favorite Characters
Special Occasions
Allergies

@TJA is this your first Disney cruise? If so booking through the website is fine, otherwise you could try to find a TA that gives on board credit (or use Dreams Unlimited who sponsor these boards).

As for verandah/oceanview/inside, that is a total preference. We can't justify the price of a verandah and there is so much to see so we are in an oceanview room and plan on being up on decks 4,9 &10 a lot esp during Tracy Arm day. Some people say you can't cruise to Alaska without a verandah - but again, personal preference. We're in a verandah room for our January 2017 cruise to the Bahamas but it's a substantially cheaper cruise, plus it will be warmer so we anticipate using our balcony much more.

@bcwife76 this is our first cruise as a family. DH and I cruised pre-kids about 13 years ago, Disney land/sea trip -- we really didn't love the sea part of it which is why we haven't cruised since then. Instead we became annual passholders and go to WDW 2-3x a year! In any event, we're pretty set on cruising to Alaska and this 5-day seems like the perfect fit for us.

Hope you will all join the FE Groups! To join please post the following information!

Cabin #
Family name
Travelers Names
Age/Gender
Favorite Characters
Special Occasions
Allergies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter