• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

When was online booking going to be available for the DL property hotels for January 2024 dates? The other day wdw opened and I thought DL too, but it's still showing only until Dec 2023. I know I can call in, but I wanted to search online.
Thanks!
Doing a quick Google search (and dodging all the VDL results), bookings for 2023 at Disneyland started sometime in mid-August 2022. So that might be the baseline for 2024?

Ended up renting points for VDH. It wasn’t that much more than what our original reservation was for DLH. It also locked us in to our vacation dates. That is helpful because we kept going back and forth if we should do the parks before or after the races, when should we pull the kids out of school etc. So I’ll be flying home for a couple nights (yay for pit stop doggie snuggles!) after Dopey and then over to CA.

Question about some of the off-site hotels. The ones on Katella and Ball along Disneyland Drive, are they walkable up to DTD, especially on race mornings, or will there be a shuttle to get to Harbor?

Question about some of the off-site hotels. The ones on Katella and Ball along Disneyland Drive, are they walkable up to DTD, especially on race mornings, or will there be a shuttle to get to Harbor?

They always were walkable for the past DLR rD race weekends, and I don’t really see them changing that for January.

As an FYI, just because we probably all scrolled right past it while registering back on Valentine's Day:

Anyone wanting to submit a proof of time to run the half marathon faster than 2 hours 15 minutes (2:15:00) will need to do so by October 3. The race being submitted for proof must have been run between January 1, 2021 and October 3, 2023.

Last edited:
I sure am glad I already booked a few hotel options back in February. I look occasionally and rates have only gone up since I booked, and some hotels are even sold out for the race weekend (BWPPI and BWAI, which makes sense given they only have 300 rooms combined). Hojo seems to have raised their base rates recently across the board, as rates are up for my upcoming trip this fall as well. I am still waiting for Amex FHR to add rates for the Westin for 2024, as I would be interested in moving there for the days before the races start given the proximity to the expo (and I need to get in/out fast as I will be working remote those days) and the guaranteed 4PM checkout with FHR. Hyatt House rates are still not up yet, though should be soon as November/December rates were not available a month or two ago and are now.

Seems like there is still decent availability overall for the race weekend if you're willing to be flexible about where you stay.

We booked our flights today! We decided to fly out on Saturday, and stay until Wednesday. We’re planning to do two park days, probably Monday and Tuesday. It’s a non-stop flight from Atlanta to LAX. Prices into SNA were considerably more, so LAX made more sense. What’s the best way to get to DL from LAX—shuttle? Uber? Rent a car one way? Now we just need to figure out the hotel piece. I feel better to have the flights set now, and it’s starting to feel real.

We booked our flights today! We decided to fly out on Saturday, and stay until Wednesday. We’re planning to do two park days, probably Monday and Tuesday. It’s a non-stop flight from Atlanta to LAX. Prices into SNA were considerably more, so LAX made more sense. What’s the best way to get to DL from LAX—shuttle? Uber? Rent a car one way? Now we just need to figure out the hotel piece. I feel better to have the flights set now, and it’s starting to feel real.
I usually take Uber or Lyft from LAX. I’d recommend checking car rental rates as well. If you’re going to do a lot of sightseeing besides DL, a car might be worth it but if you’ll just be at DL the whole time, it’s turned out to be a lot less for me. It was about $45 in September from LAX, and the most I’ve paid was $75 from Century City, but that was right after the LA Marathon, when it was high demand.

We have reservations Saturday to Wednesday at DLH!! That is quite a splurge, but this is probably our one and only trip to DL, so we went all in. So excited! Now, we can start figuring out the fun part—where to eat! We’re thinking of two days in the park, probably both at DLP instead of doing DCA. There’s just so much more we want to ride and see at DLP, and one day doesn’t seem like enough.

We have reservations Saturday to Wednesday at DLH!! That is quite a splurge, but this is probably our one and only trip to DL, so we went all in. So excited! Now, we can start figuring out the fun part—where to eat! We’re thinking of two days in the park, probably both at DLP instead of doing DCA. There’s just so much more we want to ride and see at DLP, and one day doesn’t seem like enough.
You're probably right that one day in DL isn't enough to get everything done and two full days in DL will give you the ability to do everything open at least once, if not twice. But I will always recommend a park hopper if you can afford it since the two parks are RIGHT across from each other. Hopping over to DCA is so easy and we tend to do it when we want a cocktail in the afternoon haha. Plus a couple of my favorite restaurants are in DCA, Lamplight Lounge and Carthay Circle Restaurant.

I’m going to buy a four day park pass and probably do DCA just once, the morning before the 10k. There isn’t a lot I want to do in DCA as well.

If this is going to be your only trip to DL, I'd suggest getting a park hopper. Even if you spend most of the time at DLP, DCA has some things worth seeing. Radiator Springs Racers and Incredicoaster are two of my favorite rides there, along with Guardians of the Galaxy Breakout and Avengers Campus.

As a local, I would also highly highly recommend park hoppers; especially if this is a one and done trip. The parks are so incredibly close that they really function as one entity. And unfortunately some days (most days), rides break down all at once in one park or another, so it’s nice to be able to head over to the other park when that happens (park hopping currently starts at 11am). Cars Land can’t be missed IMO, and the special Sh-boom at sunset is another really neat experience that shouldn’t be missed. Our family loves Marvel, so Avengers Campus is one of our favorites as well! 🤩 If you’re staying at DLH, you’ll be able to take advantage of early entry. You can easily fly through so many rides at DL (Fantasyland specifically) during that time!

Ugh. Why did it all have to be so cute? Even cutting out the pins I'm still going to be paying $85 more than if bought in person 😭

Also boo the MK bundle not allowing a different size choice for the Spirit Jersey compared to the shirt.

Still debating if it's worth the extra cost to guarantee that backpack, weekend Spirit Jersey, and MK bundle... Especially since I'm about to purchase OBB tickets and pay for my cat's twice a year blood panels 🫠🙃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter