Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

There was one tour group and lots of groups from a Beta convention. I have to say we didn't have issues with the groups.

The food court was okay. We only had one meal there. Two other times I took food to the room.

It is so close to ak, it would be worth it!

We paid for the express transport for park hopping.

Last edited:
Calm before the July Storm!lol:)
Lol, I spoke too soon! I'm at Movies now and there is a large tour group here. They took over the pool yesterday and the food court this morning. Also saw another group walking from McDonalds to Sports last night.

How do you guys cope with the weather? Is the rain really bad around 12 to 7 pm ?? It's our first time there and we don't want the rain to ruin our vacation LOL

How do you guys cope with the weather?

It just depends on how bad the rain is.

Today we just had "off and on" light rain,at least in the areas we were in,from 3PM-7PM(there was heavier rain in some areas),so with just a poncho or umbrella it was possible to continue touring without getting soaked.

On heavy rain days,you can throw on a Poncho and "have fun" with it or retreat back to the Resort room and wait it out-that's about all you can do.

But you just have to remember experiencing a "soaker" at Disney World means you are AT Disney World and that's not a bad thing!

The sun is usually out in the mornings/early afternoons so we get on out for an AM EMH or regular Park Open every day and enjoy it before the rain comes.:)

NO rain at WDW today(at least at Epcot).

It was MAGICAL!

Of course we did see a lot of lightning in the distance-I don't think I have EVER spent a July day at WDW WITHOUT seeing afternoon lightning and I'm SERIOUS!

Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing will find a computer data port near the nightstand and you do not have to disconnect the telephone to use it.

Is this true? I thought I read somewhere that there was no internet connections, but I don't remember where. I was hoping to pull my pictures of my camera every evening, and start downloading them.

Is this true? I thought I read somewhere that there was no internet connections, but I don't remember where. I was hoping to pull my pictures of my camera every evening, and start downloading them.

HBaney84 hopefully someone here can answer your question..

Anyone????

That's not accurate any longer, they removed all the hardwired internet connections. There is free WiFi everywhere on property.

What do people recommend for dinner at Sports?
I've seen pics of the pot roast & it looks good. I've read great reviews of the make your own pasta at Riverside but haven't heard much about what looks like the same entree at Sports.
Last year I walked over to AS Music & had the ribs. They were excellent.

I've seen pics of the pot roast & it looks good. I've read great reviews of the make your own pasta at Riverside but haven't heard much about what looks like the same entree at Sports.
I get the Lasagne with mashed potatoes and green beans(only one side comes included with the lasagne).:)

We like to take the short walk over to McDonald's. It is less expensive then the food court and they give Disney resort guest a discount if you mention it to them. :thumbsup2

Just switched over from Pop to Sports... and I'm at a loss! all the research I did these past few months was for Pop and I have no idea where to start reading now.

My teenager daughter and I are coming for a quick night trip so we can ride The Great Movie Ride one last time :( We are booked in the preferred section and when I went to do online check in, it gives me options of surfs up or the football section. Would love to hear the pros and cons of each section :)

My teenager daughter and I are coming for a quick night trip so we can ride The Great Movie Ride one last time :( We are booked in the preferred section and when I went to do online check in, it gives me options of surfs up or the football section. Would love to hear the pros and cons of each section :)
All Star Sports is the only All Star Resort in my opinion that you don't need a preferred room. The way Disney set up the layout for the All Stars is odd. For some reason any room (preferred/non-preferred) is only a short walk to the main building. However, if you stay at Music or Movies, a preferred room is a must for people who need to be close to the main building. You should be fine, no worries :)

i have stayed at both.
surfs up is great as long as you are not at the end away from the main building.
long walk if you are.

the rooms in the two surfs up buildings around the pool are great areas as it is close to the food court.

but, i prefer the football sections as neither one of them are far from the food court or main building.

i always ask for top floor if i am on the football court.
less noise
if i can't get top floor, i request the rooms facing on the opposite side of the building.

probably prefer that over all the areas at sports.

this past january, did not do preferred and was at a wonderful room in the baseball buildings.
it was close to the parking lot which i wanted as i had my car with me, and a quick walk to the food court as i was in the building in front of the pool

if you don't pay for preferred, you might end up in the back buildings
which can be a walk to the food court.

I would request Surf's Up!/Building 6/CLOSE to Stadium Hall(specifically6155, 6255 and 6355-those rooms are about 30 seconds from the Food Court!).:)

The main thing is to request a room close to Stadium Hall.

The "outermost rooms" in Touchdown! and Surf's Up! are only a few steps closer to Stadium Hall than the "innermost rooms" in the Standard sections.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter