Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Will the CL CMs help to order a Minnie Van? I would like to use one a couple of times while we are there to get over to the Yacht Club for dinner and again to the Beach Club for breakfast, but I have heard that they aren't always available.

You have to order / pay for a Minnie Van through the Lyft app. They may be able to assist you with setting up the Lyft app itself on your phone if needed, but they aren't going to be be able to call a special request in or anything.

Will the CL CMs help to order a Minnie Van? I would like to use one a couple of times while we are there to get over to the Yacht Club for dinner and again to the Beach Club for breakfast, but I have heard that they aren't always available.
I use the lyft app. If you know when you want it look 30 mins prior to see times. If it looks like what will work, book. If not wait a bit and try again.

My last stay with dh it was about 40 mins for gf at 9p. We were in the lobby listening to orchestra,

When I saw it was passing poly we headed outside. That was just in time! Saw it pull up.

I wouldn’t think they could do. Besides how do they know your comfort window,? When I saw it was longer than I expected we just got another drink.

You CAN use dss to book Minnie van to/from airport.

At the risk of spreading rumors that may or may not be true - and do not take this as fact since many/most CMs aren't given real info, plans change, etc - but the word around Poly CL seemed to be that Hawaii would be closing for renovations October'ish 2020 and would be the last longhouse to be renovated. Have not checked personally but that seems to line up with folks who have reported no availability next fall.

Work could include changes to the lounge - adding a real kitchen, removing the middle island in the serving area, etc.

Again, remember facts are hard to come by and this is just chatter, but FWIW.

I posted these on the Poly thread too, but some pics of the hallway from the test rooms in Rarotonga:

Attachments

• IMG_2098.JPEG
    IMG_2098.JPEG
    50.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2099.JPEG
    IMG_2099.JPEG
    83.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2101.JPEG
    IMG_2101.JPEG
    47 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2105.JPEG
    IMG_2105.JPEG
    59.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2109.JPEG
    IMG_2109.JPEG
    77.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2110.JPEG
    IMG_2110.JPEG
    83.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2113.JPEG
    IMG_2113.JPEG
    57.4 KB · Views: 77
At the risk of spreading rumors that may or may not be true - and do not take this as fact since many/most CMs aren't given real info, plans change, etc - but the word around Poly CL seemed to be that Hawaii would be closing for renovations October'ish 2020 and would be the last longhouse to be renovated. Have not checked personally but that seems to line up with folks who have reported no availability next fall.

Work could include changes to the lounge - adding a real kitchen, removing the middle island in the serving area, etc.

I posted these on the Poly thread too, but some pics of the hallway from the test rooms in Rarotonga:

Wow, the hallways look twice as wide with the new carpeting and without the paneling on the walls. I think it's a big improvement -- one thing I remember not liking when we stayed at the Poly (8 years ago) was how dark and narrow the hallways seemed. This helps a lot.

I use the lyft app. If you know when you want it look 30 mins prior to see times. If it looks like what will work, book. If not wait a bit and try again.

My last stay with dh it was about 40 mins for gf at 9p. We were in the lobby listening to orchestra,

When I saw it was passing poly we headed outside. That was just in time! Saw it pull up.

I wouldn’t think they could do. Besides how do they know your comfort window,? When I saw it was longer than I expected we just got another drink.

You CAN use dss to book Minnie van to/from airport.
This is good to know. I've never used Lift but we are thinking about doing it on our anniversary trip after our CG brunch!

I like how this looks a lot!! Much better!

So a quick more full report from a recent Poly CL stay. It was pretty short and things are pretty well documented around here so not much new, but maybe helpful for some.

The Poly CL lounge is a pretty lovely space, in my opinion. Poly CL is among the largest CLs in terms of number of rooms/guests served, and the space gets well used. :-) The lounge itself is two floors - the primary/main space on the second floor (seen below) and a smaller seating area on the 3rd floor, which also has a single stall restroom. It will interesting to see what, if any, changes are pending next year for this space.

This is the view from up against the CL lounge windows. Arguably the best view among the CL lounges, with maybe CR Atrium and Tower Clubs in the mix there as well. I think those two folks in the hammocks were enjoying their best life at the time. :-) I know Poly gets comments all the time about it being noisy and chaotic - some of which are justified in parts of the resort - but I'm always struck at how peaceful this beach is. This was around 5pm on a busy night - the MK bustling with crowds just across the water. But right here on this little spec of earth - with the Hawaiian tunes softly playing in the background - there is still the "Vacation Kingdom" vibe of yesteryear.

I wasn't here for the 10k or Half so not sure what they were up to, but I suspect they may have done a gift, snack pack, or something.

To be continued...

A repeat from above, but the only 'new' thing for breakfast was shell on hard-boiled eggs. Maybe just a supply problem this day? Who knows. Oatmeal is in the pot on the left. The tray on the right has individual yogurts, they just aren't out yet.

Various meats and cheeses.

A selection of pastries. Not shown are a variety of bagels and breads as well.

Fresh fruit selection. Coffee is served up against that wall to the left. With the kids table so in the "middle" of the lounge, it's very convenient to keep en eye on the kids if applicable.

Poly puts out a relatively substantial amount of mid-day snacks.

Make your own lettuce wraps - today was shrimp (every other day is chicken)... noodles, carrots, lots of toppings and sauces.

Two kinds of wonton and house made chips.

Make your own mix with some actual proper size serving spoons vs regular spoons (ahem, some other CLs...). Some veggies there on the end, kind of hard to see.

Evening apps on this particular night...I've said this around here many times now, but just such a shocking change from a few years ago. I had not seen the chef working on this night before, but she was a hoot. Great guest interaction.

Salmon Lomi Lomi

Orange Sog Quinoa Salad.

Seared Lamp with Pea Puree and Spicy Shrimp with Goat Cheese Polenta. I really appreciate the food labels since some of this is a bit on the funky side. Gran Destino (which we moved to after this) was pretty poor with their labels and some of their offerings really need it.

Pineapple, grapes, cheese, and honey.

More cheeses and crudite.

Kids Corner.... Tri-Color Cheese Tortellini with Alfredo and Parmesan Sauce...

And cut up uncrustables.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter