Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I've caved to the good comments on here and booked a stay at GDT CL in January (following the GF). I'm happy to report that DSS called this afternoon (I missed the call but a message was left for me) offering their services. I know some folks say hearing from DSS is hit or miss, thus my reason for reporting. If I had to guess, it's part of the "newness" of GDT. Not sure if I'll take advantage of their services, but good to know they care~
As to how quickly they reached out to me, I booked on Wednesday, so not a bad turnaround time.

I will tell you that without Signature Services, I would be totally screwed on this big family trip. With 3 folks buying tickets, 9 people managing groups of people, and more, I wouldn't be holding onto a thread of sanity without the help they give.

A special shout out especially to Ester!!

I've caved to the good comments on here and booked a stay at GDT CL in January (following the GF). I'm happy to report that DSS called this afternoon (I missed the call but a message was left for me) offering their services. I know some folks say hearing from DSS is hit or miss, thus my reason for reporting. If I had to guess, it's part of the "newness" of GDT. Not sure if I'll take advantage of their services, but good to know they care~
As to how quickly they reached out to me, I booked on Wednesday, so not a bad turnaround time.
Pm me with any q’s . I did 2 cl stays recently.

Gf and GD? That’s a fun mix!

Any Disneyland trips lately? I’m missing it.

Lots of Chronos Club love around here, which I’m totally digging after my quick solo trip last month. I’ve been forever reporting back here but here goes

I loved...

Gran Destino- gorgeous hotel, all rooms are easy walks in the tower, fast elevators, felt like a real Deluxe (I’m looking at you rundown BC!)

Rooms- Chromecast was awesome! (Temperamental sometimes but a nice option- especially considering the Disney free on-demand library was VERY small.) Standard view was the best. Fireworks from your room!

Chronos Club- CM all great, welcoming and attentive even to a solo traveler, beautiful views from the beautiful club. Microwave and full size water bottles. Large wine selection that changed a bit from afternoon to evening. Mimosas all day. Lots of seating.

Outstanding breakfast- eggs, bacon, Mouse Waffles (maybe they do both because on my last morning I swear I noticed they were Minnie waffles because there was a bow in her hair), espresso machine is very user friendly. The chips were yummy as were the oatmeal raisin cookies. One night I made it for dessert and they had the most beautiful truffles! Carmel, chocolate & berry filling in the 3 I tried. They even tasted good :) (did not care for that Mickey thing)

View attachment 443680

-Bell services: dropped my bag after checking out of my standard tower room after my first night because my CL one wasn’t ready and they said they would put my bag in my room when it was ready. Sure enough I got back from the parks and my bags were waiting for me in my room.

Didn’t like:
-big gap under doors to hallways, I stuffed a towel in it each night
-high pitch sound emitting from fire alarm system in both my rooms so I used earplugs every night
-Dinner/appetizers: there was a lot there but out of my 3 or 4 night’s (pardon my fuzzy brain) the only thing I liked was the shrimp paella. I will absolutely not touch anything “meat substitute” and the other dishes were just not to my taste. I kinda knew that going in from what I’d read here so I was ready to dinner in the parks.

Conclusions
-love this mod+ CL option even though I don’t get as much CL $$ value due to the dislike of appetizers
-Tower is very convenient and really helps minimize walking if that’s a concern
-will return (just booked for Mar actually!) because breakfast, calm feel of the club (really nice place to “get away”) and good CMs. I like the splurge of CL due to that “get away” from the craziness someplace besides your room feeling but traveling solo I’m not willing to pay up for it- (or even a deluxe for that matter), CSR CL struck the right balance between mathing out on some food savings and how much more I’m willing to pay for the “experience” of CL.

(@trishadono it was great to meet you!!)

Had a weekend stay at GDT (our first time at Coronado Springs) and thought I recall someone mentioning the fire alarm noise around here, sorry to dig up an older post.

First off, beautiful room. Gorgeous. Tons to like.

But sure enough, both fire alarm speakers in our room emitted a high pitch squeaking noise that nearly drove me crazy. I noticed it nearly right away. Not sure what is up with that but it was pretty darn bad!

I ultimately put several bandaids across each one which blocked the noise (I happened to have some large thick bandaids I use for running blisters), but otherwise I was contemplating asking to change rooms (and trying to determine what I’d say to the CMs to not sound like I’m crazy).

Very strange!

Had a weekend stay at GDT (our first time at Coronado Springs) and thought I recall someone mentioning the fire alarm noise around here, sorry to dig up an older post.

First off, beautiful room. Gorgeous. Tons to like.

But sure enough, both fire alarm speakers in our room emitted a high pitch squeaking noise that nearly drove me crazy. I noticed it nearly right away. Not sure what is up with that but it was pretty darn bad!

I ultimately put several bandaids across each one which blocked the noise (I happened to have some large thick bandaids I use for running blisters), but otherwise I was contemplating asking to change rooms (and trying to determine what I’d say to the CMs to not sound like I’m crazy).

Very strange!
Yes! I too was scared I’d sound crazy if I mentioned it to a CM!

Nah, just randomness. I have a stay booked at GDT for Christmas and heard nada from them.
The only call I get consistently is when booking with BWI

I’m a huge WDW club level fan, but checked into the Grand Californian today for the first time and so far the club level quality is several notches above. Themed napkins people!
The Veranda is beautiful!! They basically gutted it when they re-did it a couple years ago so imho it’s Disney’s 2nd newest club level ;) They took the chance to re-do all the food offerings as well and added the all day mimosa bar when they re-did it :D There’s a lot more space and seating than there used to be and the espresso machine is The Bomb! (Admittedly it took a couple days before I realized you could swipe the screen of drinks on the espresso machine for more drink options LOL.)

I love the staff inside the club! Some of them have been there for years and even though my fam only makes it every couple years they recognize us every time and they are just great!

The Veranda is beautiful!! They basically gutted it when they re-did it a couple years ago so imho it’s Disney’s 2nd newest club level ;) They took the chance to re-do all the food offerings as well and added the all day mimosa bar when they re-did it :D There’s a lot more space and seating than there used to be and the espresso machine is The Bomb! (Admittedly it took a couple days before I realized you could swipe the screen of drinks on the espresso machine for more drink options LOL.)

I love the staff inside the club! Some of them have been there for years and even though my fam only makes it every couple years they recognize us every time and they are just great!
I love the newer rooms too. It’s more bright than the rooms at WL.

I may need to go back there after my AP expires.

Yep. We bring the BWI staff boxes of mini Moon Pies (they are made in our home town) every trip. I just give it to them when we arrive. They know they are from us and actually, anticipate refilling the box each time they see we are coming.
Hey, I don't live that far from you! It's a shame all I can offer from my town are carpet samples and hot hands :sad2: . I've always wanted to take CL staff something fun but can never think of anything good.

My sister and I stayed at the Grand Californian a year ago for Dapper Day, but not club level. I want to go back as well, but I also love the Disneyland Hotel! Just not the fact that it takes longer to get to the parks from that one. (tho there is the monorail close by)
We used the monorail to get into Disneyland every day. The castle was being refurbished at the time, so it didn't matter to me to walk down Main Street for the big moment of seeing the castle. I loved how quick and easy it was to get into Disneyland from the Disneyland Hotel. Much less walking than at WDW. I have got to get prepared now that we are going back to the massive WDW.

Has anyone ever done an In Room Celebration with Disney Floral in conjunction with a CL stay? Do you coordinate that directly with Disney Floral and Gifts or with Signature Services?

Has anyone ever done an In Room Celebration with Disney Floral in conjunction with a CL stay? Do you coordinate that directly with Disney Floral and Gifts or with Signature Services?

We've done a few (which we really enjoyed by the way, but ouch at some of the prices!). We've coordinated directly with Disney Floral & Gifts. My experience has been that DSS will only refer you to them if you ask.

Recently my friend ordered a gift to be delivered to a CL room for our other friend. Since she wasn,t vacationing herself she just called and ordered it.(room celeb)

She does floral arrangements often! This was a sweet 16 gift. It was a pink arrangement that looked like a big pink cupcake. So cute!

Will the CL CMs help to order a Minnie Van? I would like to use one a couple of times while we are there to get over to the Yacht Club for dinner and again to the Beach Club for breakfast, but I have heard that they aren't always available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter