Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just checked in. Originally we were put in Cabanas 9A in a non refurbished room directly facing the construction with the cranes. I went to the front desk and ask if we could be moved to a room away from construction. I did not ask for refurbished since I wanted first floor and didn't want to ask for too much. We were moved to Ranchos 7A. It is a beautiful refurbished room and very peaceful. Only con is the long walk to the pepper market, but I am not complaining. We got the 'Pardon our Pixie Dust' pins. The resort seems pretty empty, and there are a bunch of convention groups here. The weather is perfect. Hope it stays that way this week.

Last edited:
I’m super excited for my stay at CSR in January! I was originally going to do a split stay at POP (6 nights) and CSR(2 nights). But Hotels.com has an extra 11% off discount code for Black Friday/ cyber Monday so for my whole 8 nights at CSR it works out to only about $170 more than the split with POP :woohoo:

Woohoo! We are in Cabanas 8a. New rooms are beautiful and we were able to skip the check in desk and go straight to the room. I didn’t get the text message saying the room was ready but the room number was listed in the MDE app.

I heard people are starting to get emails that Pepper Market will be closed in January thru early February. I’m staying Feb 3-9. I haven’t gotten any emails about the closure. Has anyone else gotten any communication? I was planning on having all my breakfast there. So bummed.

We just checked in. Originally we were put in Cabanas 9A in a non refurbished room directly facing the construction with the cranes. I went to the front desk and ask if we could be moved to a room away from construction. I did not ask for refurbished since I wanted first floor and didn't want to ask for too much. We were moved to Ranchos 7A. It is a beautiful refurbished room and very peaceful. Only con is the long walk to the pepper market, but I am not complaining. We got the 'Pardon our Pixie Dust' pins. The resort seems pretty empty, and there are a bunch of convention groups here. The weather is perfect. Hope it stays that way this week.
Thank you, we have a car and won't be eating in CSR so the distance is okay, we are just bothered about being somewhere peaceful away from the main construction, so it looks like Ranchos 7a hits the spot perfectly. Hope you enjoy your trip :D

Can I get some clarification as to the construction going on over there? I know about the 15-story building they're working on. When do you think that will be done?

Have the rooms been refurbished (w/ hardwood floors) recently or is that still an ongoing process?

Can I get some clarification as to the construction going on over there? I know about the 15-story building they're working on. When do you think that will be done?

Have the rooms been refurbished (w/ hardwood floors) recently or is that still an ongoing process?
Only 3.5 buildings have been refurbed at this point. The tower will not be completed until summer 2019.

How bad is the construction? Is it everywhere?

We stayed at pop a few weeks ago and it's strictly one building at a time and not that noticeable.

Curious what the construction is in the Casitas section now through Jan.? I know I saw pics not long ago of the pool in that area drained and being worked on.
I can't decide if I should request that section for our Jan. trip (have scooter and would like 1st bus stop pick up) or Cabanas which I think I actually like the best but don't want to be too close to major construction and worry about the bus stop being 3rd pick up with the scooter.

I have the option of going to a preferred room for our trip next month......upgrade? Haven't been in years.

Curious what the construction is in the Casitas section now through Jan.? I know I saw pics not long ago of the pool in that area drained and being worked on.
I can't decide if I should request that section for our Jan. trip (have scooter and would like 1st bus stop pick up) or Cabanas which I think I actually like the best but don't want to be too close to major construction and worry about the bus stop being 3rd pick up with the scooter.

Not sure about through January, but I’m here now attending a conference and one of my co-workers is in the Casitas section. She said the construction definitely takes away from the ambience and she can hear beeping/noise from the site in the mornings. I am in the Cabanas area (8a) and except for the Tower construction site being quite an eye sore, I haven’t noticed any disruption or aggravation. Plus I got the cute construction pin set. ☺️

Not sure about through January, but I’m here now attending a conference and one of my co-workers is in the Casitas section. She said the construction definitely takes away from the ambience and she can hear beeping/noise from the site in the mornings. I am in the Cabanas area (8a) and except for the Tower construction site being quite an eye sore, I haven’t noticed any disruption or aggravation. Plus I got the cute construction pin set. ☺️

ok thanks for that info. I just don't think I realized there would be that much construction at the Casitas section. I thought most was going to be the big tower.
Wish I could decide what to do I am nervous about the scooter/bus situation. Have you had full buses or seen scooters not be able to get on while you've been there? Thanks.

I wonder if the current noise in Casitas is due to the tower construction or the Casitas 3 refurbishment. Can anyone shed light on how far away can you see/hear the tower construction noise?

Is there only a hot tub by the Lost City of Cibola pool? If not, where else could I find one? Is there a unisex one in the health club that is free?

I just came over from switching resorts and bus driver had me get off at 1st stop since long lines to get on bus. There were about 100 plus people (lots cheerleaders) in line. Bus driver saod to walk to lobby since would not be able do other stops sonce won't fit everyone. Little worried about my stay here.

We just switched from CSR to YC yesterday....we saw the difference in crowds from Monday to yesterday with lots and lots of cheerleaders...looks like we got out just in time

Staying at Coronado in a few weeks, is there a building I should suggest? Any tips or suggestions, I'm a littler nervous.

Also- are there refrigerators in every room? and how big are they? We will be needing to order groceries for my niece with dietary restrictions.

I just came over from switching resorts and bus driver had me get off at 1st stop since long lines to get on bus. There were about 100 plus people (lots cheerleaders) in line. Bus driver saod to walk to lobby since would not be able do other stops sonce won't fit everyone. Little worried about my stay here.

Wow that doesn't sound good. The bus situation has me stressing out! I knew about the construction when I booked but I have read quite a few bad things about the busses here since then. We are used to staying at Pop Century and never had any bus issues other than super packed after fireworks or something like that which is expected.
I am really starting to wish I hadn't switched from Pop I thought it would be great to try a Moderate Resort but now I'm nervous. I hate to pay more and have issues. I have even looked into moving to Pop or elsewhere but nothing else is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter