Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

:rotfl: You accept with such grace and humbleness my friend :teeth: And kudos to Miss Bree...sounds like we would get along perfectly :laughing:
You totally would! :hug:

Every now and then I have to check out my wife's threads, and this is why. Now I know what she's been up to. And no I don't get too excited about her add ons although it has become part of life. What she isn't telling you is that her 6 day trip turned into a 12 day.

By the way, I'm Heather's husband; the one who funds this madness.

Hi Bill :wave2: Haven't seen you since your AKL/Cruise TR (I think). Maybe Heather meant to add 2 days and accidentally multiplied by 2 making 12 :goodvibes (Yes my husband is used to my madness as well :laughing:) Nice to see you! ::yes::

Thanks for posting this dear KOOK :goodvibes You're always johnny-on-the-spot with news!!!
I soooo wish that was my tag - I love it:worship:

Every now and then I have to check out my wife's threads, and this is why. Now I know what she's been up to. And no I don't get too excited about her add ons although it has become part of life. What she isn't telling you is that her 6 day trip turned into a 12 day.

By the way, I'm Heather's husband; the one who funds this madness.
Whoa there. If you keep these rants up, you'll be at FIVE posts by tomorrow. That's not good for your heart and besides, Heather might then be forced to change to a WL Deluxe room and cancel all those fishing excursions. (You did book some of those, didn't you?:stir:)

hstrickland - the Missouri Clydesdales have it made... they have a beautiful ranch with rolling hills. See www.warmspringsranch.com to see! We have toured it and I wanted to take one home but they frown on that. :confused3 I wonder if the clydes at FW will be put in parades- sure hope so! In fact, this make sense- they are working on a new parade so....yay!!!

Unbelievable! Those horses live better than I do!! Beautiful, aren't they. Would so love to tour that place. Bill and I sat and read all the F&Qs...wanted to see if he knew as much as he thought he knew;) Thanks for the link.

I love this! Hello, Heather's husband. The phrase "You're a good man, Charlie Brown." comes to mind....

Yes he is, Jennifer! One good man to put up with my Disney madness, that's him. There are times that he actually enjoys this craziness, too :teeth:

Haven't started packing yet. :rolleyes1 Hope to start this weekend.

I hope you have remedied this ;) Times a-wastin'!!!

I will try and check out the Mickey Waffle situation. The lack of food options is IMO the only negative about FW. However, there are so many positives that it really doesn't matter.

Thank you for doing a little CSI work on those waffles:thumbsup2 Who knew they would become such a hot topic! :laughing: And you're right....positives far out weigh the negatives for sure.

I could be wrong as I have never tried it but......doesn't Mousekeeping load and run the dishwasher for you? I thought I read that somewhere. We just bring paper plates, cups, and plastic wear. I hate doing dishes at home I REFUSE on vacation. :rotfl2:

Don't remember about the dishwasher....one more thing for you to investigate ;) I say load up the suitcase with tons of paper goods! Works for me....

Umm Heather, I think you've been busted!!

Fishin, you sound like my dh. He doesn't always enjoy my madness but he lives me and tolerates it. :)

I was busted :upsidedow ....unfortunately.... :rolleyes1

Hi Bill :wave2: Haven't seen you since your AKL/Cruise TR (I think). Maybe Heather meant to add 2 days and accidentally multiplied by 2 making 12 :goodvibes (Yes my husband is used to my madness as well :laughing:) Nice to see you! ::yes::

I was trying to explain that to him....:rolleyes: It was an accident :confused3

I soooo wish that was my tag - I love it:worship:

TAG FAIRY...where are you??!!!! WDWKOOK is definitely the "Johnny-on-the-spot-News Anchor" Perhaps you should have been an investigative reporter....that suits you well dear friend ::yes::

Whoa there. If you keep these rants up, you'll be at FIVE posts by tomorrow. That's not good for your heart and besides, Heather might then be forced to change to a WL Deluxe room and cancel all those fishing excursions. (You did book some of those, didn't you?:stir:)

:rotfl: WL Deluxe room :scratchin I'm always in the mood for some upgrades :teeth:

FYI.....What DH DOESN'T tell y'all is that he's a Closet Disney Fan and secretly enjoys my obsessed maddness ::yes::....most of the time.

Did we ever come up with a good wreath idea? I'm thinking we should get a Rubbermaid bin and keep passing it along. We could start with the wreath, hanger for wreath, lights to hang outside and a Mickey waffle iron.
I'm flying and have room for nothing extra but my mom is driving and I can have her load her car. Not sure on details but I think this would be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Did we ever come up with a good wreath idea? I'm thinking we should get a Rubbermaid bin and keep passing it along. We could start with the wreath, hanger for wreath, lights to hang outside and a Mickey waffle iron.
I'm flying and have room for nothing extra but my mom is driving and I can have her load her car. Not sure on details but I think this would be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Howdy! :wave:

Fab idea!! My mother is the super crafty one and will be home on Tuesday. We're going to get a wreath together and post a picture:thumbsup2 I've already got some ideas ::yes:: My mom is totally onboard with this idea as we both love to "create". You could copy our ideas or I can even mail it to your mom. Not sure you want to board an airplane carrying a Mickey Wreath....I'm thinking you might get some stares :rolleyes1 :laughing:

Can't believe your trip is so close. I'm jealous!!!::yes::

Howdy! :wave:

Fab idea!! My mother is the super crafty one and will be home on Tuesday. We're going to get a wreath together and post a picture:thumbsup2 I've already got some ideas ::yes:: My mom is totally onboard with this idea as we both love to "create". You could copy our ideas or I can even mail it to your mom. Not sure you want to board an airplane carrying a Mickey Wreath....I'm thinking you might get some stares :rolleyes1 :laughing:

Can't believe your trip is so close. I'm jealous!!!::yes::

Can't wait to see! Yes, a disboards pass-along wreath would be a hoot! I think Chip and Dale need to be in there somewhere... I'm happy to contribute - going to be there April 24-May 1 - what about you guys? If dates don't line up and we can't get a pass along chain organized, no worries!

Hopefully this is an easy one. I'd like to take our golf cart over to Wilderness Lodge, have a CS breakfast at Roaring Forks, then board THEIR boat to MK. Is there a place to park the cart there all day as we would at FW? Then do the reverse home? Are the paths lit between resorts? With no CS at FW, I'm finding myself with not enough TS credits, and too many CS's so have to remedy that...

Hopefully this is an easy one. I'd like to take our golf cart over to Wilderness Lodge, have a CS breakfast at Roaring Forks, then board THEIR boat to MK. Is there a place to park the cart there all day as we would at FW? Then do the reverse home? Are the paths lit between resorts? With no CS at FW, I'm finding myself with not enough TS credits, and too many CS's so have to remedy that...

Sorry but you can't take the golf cart over to the Wilderness Lodge. The golf carts are restricted to FW only. It would be easiest to take the boat over to the Lodge or walk along the path in the morning leaving your cart at FW down by the boat dock and just come back to it at night. It really isn't as bad as it sounds and won't take you long at all :)

Sorry but you can't take the golf cart over to the Wilderness Lodge. The golf carts are restricted to FW only. It would be easiest to take the boat over to the Lodge or walk along the path in the morning leaving your cart at FW down by the boat dock and just come back to it at night. It really isn't as bad as it sounds and won't take you long at all :)

Ah. Good to know! We don't mind walking, just trying to save legs for the parks! What about bikes? We can ride those over, correct? And leave? I like the boat idea too... probably the best option...

Ah. Good to know! We don't mind walking, just trying to save legs for the parks! What about bikes? We can ride those over, correct? And leave? I like the boat idea too... probably the best option...

I'm not sure about the bikes. If no one here knows I will try and find out for you when I go.

However, I still think the boat over to the Wilderness Lodge would be the easiest way to go over in the morning. Then when you are tired at the end of the day you can just come straight back to FW. I know sometimes at the end of a long day we just want to get back to our beds ASAP. :rotfl:

It's below zero, there's a lot of snow here in SW Michigan and I'm at the library. But...we start driving down on Friday and we'll be in our Cabin 1 week from tomorrow!!!

And we started packing today. My son doesn't know we're going so we packed most of the clothes and started gathering other stuff and put it in a closet in our room. I'll leave work early on Friday and pack up the car while he's still at school

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

No problem with taking the bikes along the path to Wilderness Lodge. It is a really nice path all blacktopped. You can also walk it during the day but at night there are no lights and it gets very dark.

It's below zero, there's a lot of snow here in SW Michigan and I'm at the library. But...we start driving down on Friday and we'll be in our Cabin 1 week from tomorrow!!

We will be leaving just as you arrive.:wave2:

Still haven't started packing:rolleyes2

We will be leaving just as you arrive.:wave2:

Still haven't started packing:rolleyes2

That's funny. I'm one of the most unorganized people in the world but I have to pack ahead of time or I go nuts. I just need to make sure we have certain things that would be hard to replace (ie my CPAP machine) Beyond that my motto is "we can buy it when we get there" I once got sick of my kids blaming me for not having things in their suitcase "Mama" forgot my .... So a couple of times I said fine, you pack, I'm not checking what you pack it's on you. My DD once forgot underwear and another time pants, all she had were the pajama pants she wore in the car. So it was off to Goodwill for more pants and off to Wal Mart for more underwear. So needless to say Mama is "allowed" to pack or at least check the suitcases to make sure they have stuff in there.

Have fun!!!! We'll wave to you on your way out.

Hi
We are a family of 6
What would happen if I reserved a 6 seater golf cart but when I went to collect they only had 4 seater left?
Anyone had this happen.
Thanks from a newbie to fw

It's below zero, there's a lot of snow here in SW Michigan and I'm at the library. But...we start driving down on Friday and we'll be in our Cabin 1 week from tomorrow!!!

:scared1: Below zero??!! Holy cow! Bet y'all are ready for some Florida sun!

And we started packing today. My son doesn't know we're going so we packed most of the clothes and started gathering other stuff and put it in a closet in our room. I'll leave work early on Friday and pack up the car while he's still at school

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

So close, so close!!!!!!! He is going to be on cloud nine!!! Will they sleep in the car or be too excited to sleep? ;)

No problem with taking the bikes along the path to Wilderness Lodge. It is a really nice path all blacktopped. You can also walk it during the day but at night there are no lights and it gets very dark.

Thanks a million for the info:thumbsup2

Hi
We are a family of 6
What would happen if I reserved a 6 seater golf cart but when I went to collect they only had 4 seater left?
Anyone had this happen.
Thanks from a newbie to fw

Hi disneypls :wave: Are y'all planning a trip to the Fort? :woohoo: You can't reserve a 6 seater. Basically what you do is reserve a golf cart (4 seater) When you arrive and pick up the cart, ask them if they have a 6 seater. They may or may not....there aren't that many of them. If they do have one available, it's yours. But instead of $59, it's $79. And if they don't have one available, ask them to put your name on a waiting list. If one comes available, they will call you. I called two weeks ago to reserve our cart, and this is what the cast member told me. :thumbsup2

Happy Planning!
Heather

Hi everyone
On the market this year for a RV and trying to learn more about "The Fort"

We are soon to be retired and took our first camping trip there in the 1970's
We slept in our van & loved the place

Many many trips to WDW in various resorts

Hi everyone
On the market this year for a RV and trying to learn more about "The Fort"

We are soon to be retired and took our first camping trip there in the 1970's
We slept in our van & loved the place

Many many trips to WDW in various resorts

:wave: Hi there!

Congrats on retirement! Sounds like you'll soon be traveling the countryside in a RV:thumbsup2 Wish I could help you with RV info, but I'm a fish out of water when it comes to those.. I'm more of the cabin type, and have fallen in love with the FW Resort ever since our first stay. However, DH and I have been tossing around the idea of a camper. jbrostek on the Camping Forum gave me a great website to peruse.... RV.net. There is tons of info on the site that might be super helpful for you.

Happy RV Hunting!
Heather

:scared1: Below zero??!! Holy cow! Bet y'all are ready for some Florida sun!

So close, so close!!!!!!! He is going to be on cloud nine!!! Will they sleep in the car or be too excited to sleep? ;)

Yeah, Wind chills are supposed to get pretty durn low. Monday night is supposed to be real temp of -15 with wind chill of -45. I can't imagine how cold it's supposed to be in points further north!!!
School is already closed for tomorrow. My 8th grader was bummed because she has an English report to work on and the teacher was going to give them the info they needed to get started last Friday (no school) so she emailed the teacher. Oh by the way my kids will be missing 8 days of school for this trip so DD wants to make sure she stays on top of everything.

But hey her topic that she chose and was accepted is ... The History of Magic Kingdom. So I consider the upcoming trip real "World" experience. :goodvibes

If it's 40 or even 20 in Disney, we'll be happy!!! But 60's would be nice.

We leave in 3 days!!! I'm starting to hear the waffles calling my name. I've mentioned we've never stayed at Fort Wilderness but we have camped as a family both tent camping and rustic cabins. Rustic cabin meaning1 room with 4 beds a table, stove and refrigerator. No running water/ no bathrooms. We love being in the woods and love the idea of the campfire. So a bathroom with a full kitchen, television and mousekeeping sounds cool. Okay we may have had mouse keeping in the cabins at the park but they were actual mice and a bat once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter