Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to do the online check in the other day and was given no options at all for room requests. When I click the dropdown menu, there is nothing there. Anyone else have that happen?

Yes, just about everyone. The room request section has been broken for months now. It's still best to call in your requests. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

Any opinions if the new carpetless floors get gritty and dirty easy during a stay? Also opinions on noise levels of preferred pool view rooms?

Yes, after a day my feet felt dirty so I ended up wearing flip flops the whole time in the room.

Should I choose a Standard Pool View or Preferred room? I'm hoping for a refurbished room and I was looking forward to the 70's section. Standard Pool View is only about $50 less total. I'm a little worried about the noise from the pool, but don't know how loud the computer pool really gets? I'm leaning towards Preferred room and hoping Building 6 will be done by the time I get there February 27.

There seems to be a glitch with the room request system.

Yes, just about everyone. The room request section has been broken for months now. It's still best to call in your requests. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

Thanks for the replies but, ugh, I called on Saturday to combine two reservations and I was on the phone for an hour. Since it's only for two days, I'll just take whatever they give me, I guess. I hate calling them. Maybe that's their evil plan. :rolleyes:

Yep. It definitely seemed like they don't sweep the floors every day, or just don't do it thoroughly.

The rest of the room was cleaned well though.
That bothers me a little bit because I don't want to worry about how dirty my feet are. I guess I could just always wear socks which is what I normally do anyway.

Any opinions if the new carpetless floors get gritty and dirty easy during a stay? Also opinions on noise levels of preferred pool view rooms?

I'm just giving an opinion but the same dirt that gets tracked in to a laminate floor gets tracked in to a room with a carpet. And in fact the carpet will hold stains/dirt/spills/smells worse because it can get imbedded in the fibers. My white socks are often gray after walking around on the carpets in hotels Disney or not.

At least with the laminate you can see if there is dirt and sweep it. Carpets you never really know if they've been vacuumed or not.

I'd much rather get rid of the carpet.

Any opinions if the new carpetless floors get gritty and dirty easy during a stay?

for me, they were kept pretty clean, because I always change out of my outdoors shoes and put on room sandals/flip flops that I only wear in the room.

if you wear outdoors shoes inside the new rooms, like any other hard floor, they will show dirt easily. housekeeping was good about sweeping my room every day, though!

That bothers me a little bit because I don't want to worry about how dirty my feet are. I guess I could just always wear socks which is what I normally do anyway.

Yeah I don't like having to worry about getting in bed with dirty feet. I'm not a fan of wearing socks on hard floors because I always end up slipping easily. I can just see myself slipping and falling onto the corner of that murphy bed! Yikes.

I know carpet can get really gross, and I'm fine with the hard floors if they are swept and mopped daily.

Yeah I don't like having to worry about getting in bed with dirty feet. I'm not a fan of wearing socks on hard floors because I always end up slipping easily. I can just see myself slipping and falling onto the corner of that murphy bed! Yikes.

I know carpet can get really gross, and I'm fine with the hard floors if they are swept and mopped daily.
I'll probably plan on taking my shoes off by the door just like I do at home. It will help keep the floors clean. I don't normally slip in socks, but I am worried about the edge of the bed sticking out.

Any opinions if the new carpetless floors get gritty and dirty easy during a stay?

Stayed a few weeks ago. First night spilled bottle of water. Picked up hand towel to wipe it all up. Guess what? White hand towel now dark grey. Floor was not clean in addition to many marks, stains and what looked like burns in front of bath sink. Never took my socks off except in shower.

Stayed a few weeks ago. First night spilled bottle of water. Picked up hand towel to wipe it all up. Guess what? White hand towel now dark grey. Floor was not clean in addition to many marks, stains and what looked like burns in front of bath sink. Never took my socks off except in shower.
I don't think its a sweeping issue, I think its a mopping issue. I wonder how often they mop the floors.

I don't think its a sweeping issue, I think its a mopping issue. I wonder how often they mop the floors.

Sweep, mop .... it makes no difference. The floors were dirty. These rooms take much more to clean that before with all the cubbies that have to be wiped, the coffee supplies (none of ours got replaced), the additional wipe spaces in the shower/bathroom ..... and with a housekeeper shortage ............ you can bet they will pass on mopping and sweeping floors if they can.

Sweep, mop .... it makes no difference. The floors were dirty. These rooms take much more to clean that before with all the cubbies that have to be wiped, the coffee supplies (none of ours got replaced), the additional wipe spaces in the shower/bathroom ..... and with a housekeeper shortage ............ you can bet they will pass on mopping and sweeping floors if they can.
This I do agree with, when we checked in there were still maids working on rooms till almost 11 that night.

Someone told me to go to touringplans.com. Just sign up. You don't have to pay anything for the site but if you put your dates in, you can online check in through them as well and request what you want. I did that, plus I plan to fax them what I want a week before we go.

Someone told me to go to touringplans.com. Just sign up. You don't have to pay anything for the site but if you put your dates in, you can online check in through them as well and request what you want. I did that, plus I plan to fax them what I want a week before we go.
Touring Plans and is a paid membership site for many of its features. If you were able to do all that without a membership you're lucky as normally those options are for those who have paid for a membership.

Touring Plans and is a paid membership site for many of its features. If you were able to do all that without a membership you're lucky as normally those options are for those who have paid for a membership.

Yeah I just created an account but did not pay for a membership. I already have my hotel info set to go via fax to the hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter