Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Hi all, I'm heading to Pop towards the end of July and just wondering how well the buses are working? Stayed there many times with family but this will be a solo trip and so planning to get to the parks as early as I can. I'd like to take the Skyliner at some point but don't want to rely on it for rope drops. Can you take the bus from Pop to HS or EP or do you have to walk over to AoA?

Also, can anyone share how early they'd recommend getting to the parks? I'm planning rope drop for HS, AK and MK.

Thanks!

Hi all, I'm heading to Pop towards the end of July and just wondering how well the buses are working? Stayed there many times with family but this will be a solo trip and so planning to get to the parks as early as I can. I'd like to take the Skyliner at some point but don't want to rely on it for rope drops. Can you take the bus from Pop to HS or EP or do you have to walk over to AoA?

Also, can anyone share how early they'd recommend getting to the parks? I'm planning rope drop for HS, AK and MK.

Thanks!
Things are changing almost on a daily basis.

The Skyliner is still a good option to rope drop both DHS and Epcot. Buses are not running from Pop to DHS or Epcot but if you walk across Generation Gap bridge there are buses to these 2 parks from Art of Animation.

Magic Kingdom, Epcot and DHS have now returned to traditional rope drops which means guests are held just inside the parks but cannot access attractions until the posted park opening time. Not sure what this means for recommended time to arrive at transportation, especially since Skyliner and buses are now filling to capacity including standing on buses.

If there is anyone there now who cares to share what time the Skyliner is opening and buses start leaving Pop, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

As of writing AK is still opening 45 mins prior to posted opening time but I anticipate that changing any day now.

Buses are not running from Pop to DHS or Epcot but if you walk across Generation Gap bridge there are buses to these 2 parks from Art of Animation.

I was going to ask if that was still an option. I changed my birthday stay to Pop - knowing the skyliner is the primary way to/from Epcot, though it is not my favorite, especially now that they are sharing gondolas. I'm searching every day for a Chef Mickey's breakfast for my Epcot day, but it's nice to know the AoA bus option is still possible since my biggest issue with the skyliner (aside from multiple parties in there which I just find awkward) is that I don't feel like I'm IN Epcot if I don't go in the "real" (ie: NOT IG) entrance.

I was going to ask if that was still an option. I changed my birthday stay to Pop - knowing the skyliner is the primary way to/from Epcot, though it is not my favorite, especially now that they are sharing gondolas. I'm searching every day for a Chef Mickey's breakfast for my Epcot day, but it's nice to know the AoA bus option is still possible since my biggest issue with the skyliner (aside from multiple parties in there which I just find awkward) is that I don't feel like I'm IN Epcot if I don't go in the "real" (ie: NOT IG) entrance.

FWIW (and this could change by the time you get there), friends of ours used the Skyliner twice last week -- both times from EP to Riviera -- and they always had a car to themselves. They were a party of 4 on one trip and party of 2 on the other and both trips were during the mid-late afternoon, not at park opening or closing. They said there was a short line of people both times but every party was in their own cabin. I remember reading similar stories pre-Covid -- that they were only combining parties in cabins during busy times.

FWIW (and this could change by the time you get there), friends of ours used the Skyliner twice last week -- both times from EP to Riviera -- and they always had a car to themselves. They were a party of 4 on one trip and party of 2 on the other and both trips were during the mid-late afternoon, not at park opening or closing. They said there was a short line of people both times but every party was in their own cabin. I remember reading similar stories pre-Covid -- that they were only combining parties in cabins during busy times.

You can always ask for your own gondola and they will give it to you no problem

We shared a gondola once in our 10 day trip. But I saw someone ask for their own at Epcot closing and they were allowed to do that.

You can always ask for your own gondola and they will give it to you no problem
We shared a gondola once in our 10 day trip. But I saw someone ask for their own at Epcot closing and they were allowed to do that.

Good to know! I still like going in the main entrance of Epcot better. LOL. But very glad to know that unless it's really busy I can request my own.

We didn’t find any long waits for the skyliner other than Epcot at closing time. Even that moved quickly. The line was intimidating but we were on in 20 minutes. We also did not rope drop HS though.

I'm wondering from where you started on that "intimidating" Skyliner line. DH and I stayed at YC in April and a few nights when we were going back to YC from Epcot at closing, the Skyliner line stretched nearly to SAB. We will be at Pop next month and I was considering maybe Ubering back to Pop instead if the line was really long. Maybe with loading more than one party per cabin and the social distancing lessened, it's not as intimidating as it looks.

Thanks for your on the ground reporting!

What is the earliest in the morning you can grab coffee in a refillable mug? I am guessing it is in the food court-is there a beverage station with coffee @ the pool?
Thanks!

What is the earliest in the morning you can grab coffee in a refillable mug? I am guessing it is in the food court-is there a beverage station with coffee @ the pool?
Thanks!
Right now the food court opens at 7am so that would be the earliest for coffee (unless you made some in your room). There is no coffee at the beverage station by Petals, just fountain drinks.

Does anyone know if they’re just fully sold out for (nov3-nov7) - or if more rooms will be made available? I called earlier and they said to keep checking but wasn’t sure if anyone had more info

My guess is some people will move to cheaper rooms at the All Stars if they open up before that date...then they may have some availability. But right now, so many people are booking for end of year vacations and the 50th Anniversary, the only way I see things opening up is if Covid makes a resurgence (hopefully not!) or they open more resorts by then

Does anyone know if they’re just fully sold out for (nov3-nov7) - or if more rooms will be made available? I called earlier and they said to keep checking but wasn’t sure if anyone had more info

Yeah I have had no luck with Nov or December either. I am hoping it's due to lack of other values being open or anything else.

I also noticed the toaster and micro were back a couple days ago.

Sure miss being able to hit the grab and go cases,
With all the options that normally would be there.

Right now the food court opens at 7am so that would be the earliest for coffee (unless you made some in your room). There is no coffee at the beverage station by Petals, just fountain drinks.

Is the beverage station at Petals always open? I don't think it was there the last time I was there, or I just never saw anything on here about it. Even if I don't want to fill my mug, sometimes it'd be nice to fill my water bottle on the way back to the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter