do you cry at Disney?

. I also lose it when first walking into the MK on a visit. The music and smells and excitement really get me. .

This. I have waited so long to come back (15yrs) that I know I will cry when I come out under the railroad into Main Street.

I will never forget my first trip, I was 13, my brother 10. We had never flown before. We stayed at my grandparents' trailer 2 hrs from Disney. So each day we drove 4 hrs. We were broke so we brought these disgusting PBand J sandwiches that got melted in our fanny packs. But the magic of Disney overwhelmed my brother and me. On the last monorail out, my bother started to cry. I said to him, "someday when I'm 21, I'll take you back."lol Years later, he went back with me, my kids and our parents. And my son cried on the monorail on the last day. I will always bring my kids back as long as they still want to go. No more crying on the monorail!

There should be a support group for Disney criers. :grouphug:

Hello my name is Mary and I proudly cry at Disney World.

I'm really enjoying this thread and knowing I'm not the only one who cries their eyes out at Disney. Honestly with everything going on in the world I told my husband yesterday that I wouldn't mind just traveling to Disney for the rest of our lives. It's only a 4-hour drive for us and I feel so grateful that we are able to enjoy it so much. He agreed with me. We feel safe and trust that the company does all it can to ensure the guests safety.

The feeling of pure bliss I get when I arrive brings tears to my eyes. Disney is something that is on my mind constantly (like many others in this thread) so actually getting there is such an amazing feeling. I've already responded to this thread and what makes me cry but I had to chime in again.

I love this Disney community as well and I feel so grateful to be a part of it.

Yep... that's me..

When walking under the tunnel into MK... the sights of the balloons, smell of pop-corn, looking down main street at the castle.. simply gets to me..popcorn::

The 1st time I took my daughter, walking hand and hand with her, holding her to watch the parades, watching the magic on her face.. simply priceless:love:

Looking forward to talking my 1st grand child who will be born next year, I know that I will cry then to... I can't wait.... :cloud9:

Standing with DH and my family watching fireworks in any park, holding hands and looking up...:grouphug:

Oh now look... the waterworks have started..

I tear up when I walk down Main Street for the first time each trip because I'm in my happy place. And then AndeeSings makes fun of me.

I don't cry, but when I see the castle for the first time of the trip, it takes my breath away for just an instant.

Darn it. I posted first, then went back and read the thread. Now I'm crying!

I cry hearing any music from the parks. I was on hold today with Disney asking about hotel rates for April (gotta call back in a week) and the music was from Hall of Presidents and I teared up!

Disney makes me happy. Rides like Pirates and Peter Pan bring back memories from my first trip when I was 10 in 1982. Its like I'm that age again and my mom and dad are still together and my sister is 8 again.

One time, I was a little sad at the parks because it was the first time I'd been without my ex. We'd had our honeymoon there. I had our kids with me. They've never been with him.

have you every cried with joy at Disney?
I cried when my 7 yr old son hugged Buzz lighter. When DD4 ran into Winnie's waiting arms. When it was a down pour and my family would not go out in it to hear Arlo Guthrie play :"this Land Is Your Land" bawled like a baby, the whole crowd singing. I didn't expect Disney to do a folk star I love. I always cry my last time on Soarin'

the weird thing is I am not by nature a crier. My family is surprised by it.

.........at the end of hall of presidents when they sing battle hymn of the republic , gets me every time!!!!!

I don't cry much anymore, but I do still have moments sometimes! The one that always gets me is Wishes. that show is just so special and so full of memories for me that I can never watch it without tearing up a little bit :)

1. Walking down Main Street the first time on the trip.
2. At the end of rope drop for MK.
3. At the beginning of Fantasmic.
4. Whenever I meet one of my absolutely favorite characters!

Doesn't everyone ?? Everytime we pass through the "welcome to disney " gates . When I stand in line for the last ride of our trip - I cry and try to take in every sight and sound. Everytime my daughter walks down main street for the first time of each trip and says - mom, thank you so much for bringing me! ( still at 13 she says this and it makes it worth every penny!)

The only time I full out cry is when I am saying goodbye, see ya real soon to the castle on the last day of my trip. This is a tradition my dad started with me twenty years ago and we still do it every trip, and I still just bawl every single time we stand on Main Street and take the castle in for one last time for who knows how long.

I also usually get a little teary saying goodbye to our balcony view on the day we check out :(

On my most recent trip in May, I also got quite weepy when:

-I hopped on a MK bound monorail again from our favorite, the Contemporary
-the first time we were on Main Street again with my dad, castle in sight
-during celebrate the magic (when Walt says "it all started with a mouse"... I LOST it) and wishes (the music gets me every time, and tinkerbell!!)
-when Minnie Mouse signed my autograph book with "congratulations! I'm so proud of you. Always follow your dreams!" (I was wearing a graduation pin)
-waiting for the Kiss Goodnight late on our last night, sitting on the train station steps and getting one last look at the castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter