do you cry at Disney?

Oh DEFINITELY!!

There are most definitely certain parts of the trip that I just know I'm going to cry (fotlk, wishes, the end of fantasmic, leaving the park, first seeing the castle) and then there are the moments that just come sporadically, whether it's a character involved moment, or just a happy moment, or even a sad moment, I will cry every single trip.

My Jebus do I cry. Although I'm a naturally sensitive person- I started tearing up last night at the THOUGHT of Disney.

Let's see. I cry at Rope Drop at MK, I cry at Wishes, I cry at Fantasmic. Also, this may be strange but I cry when I see kids interact with characters. I don't have kids of my own, but when I see a kid hugging his/her favorite character it just makes me so emotional.

Yes. Every time I get the statement of charges when checking out!

:rotfl: :lmao: LOL! My husband would probably agree!

No, I am usually to Happy to be at Disney to Cry! LOL! :yay: God has blessed me with lots of good memories with lots of family and friends going to Disney! Parents, siblings, husband, In-laws, children, nieces, friends, and now grandchildren! I have had so many good memories , from the very first time (1970's) staying at Fort Wilderness & swimming at River Country with my parents to staying at Art of Animation in the Cars suites with my grandchildren!(2013):wizard:

But it is that very first visit with my parents and those magical moments we shared that have brought me back over the years and to now share with my daughter and her children! There is something magical about the first time you see Disney(child or adult) or watching and sharing Disney through a child's eyes because they believe! I love the way they get so excited from seeing all the Disney characters and their smiles they have from all the hugs they get, or their amazement when they see Tinker Bell fly over the Cinderella's Castle! :tinker:

No matter what you do at Disney there is just something special about Cinderellas Castle! I don't feel like I am at Disney until I get to see it! When I think back yrs ago, of leaving MK for the last time with my parents and my little sister we all (like so many have done) all stopped and looked back at Cinderellas Castle one more time on main street before we left! I admit something was a little sad but yet a little magical about that moment! :wizard:

I cry every time I open a wine list at a TS restaurant and see a $20 grocery store wine going for $90.

Yep this is when I cry too.

I don't cry at shows or rides or seeing the Castle.

I did cry once after getting bad blisters on both my little toes and then having someone step on my foot. But that is about it.

I'm just an all around cry baby, so of course I cry at all things Disney! I remember when we went for PHM weekend and stayed the week after I warned my mom and friend that I was going to get emotion during Celebrate the Magic. We were in a shop on Main Street and I heard the music and ran out of the shop and stopped in the middle of Main Street to watch it. I was crying by the time my mom and friend caught up to me. They laughed at me, but my friend was crying by the end of it! I also cry during Voyage of the Little Mermaid when she sings Part of Your World (you should have seen me during the broadway show! :sad: ) and of course by the end of Journey of the Little Mermaid I'm a wreck. (Do you see a pattern here?) When we went on the Magic and they blew the horn to signal us setting sail I cried. I'm a big 'ol bucket of tears when it comes to Disney! But they're always happy!

The best part was the Emcee, as each kid finished he gave them a nice medal on a red white and blue heavy ribbon, and led the audience in saying: "You deserve this because you are YOU! You are special because you are YOU!"

Well, now I'm crying!

I thought crying at Disney was part of the experience! While I can cry at commercials on TV ( that coffee one where the dog is waiting for him to come home year after year - until one time he comes home from college and instead of Fido its his mom with coffee - you know the one, right?) I am a walking water faucet and Disney is no exception. The music, the castle, fireworks - all ellicit a watery response.
My favorite Disney cry is when I realize I am here with my kids, you see DH and I took several childless trips (not that they werent fun) that were sometimes hard because we were having difficulty conceiving. Then finally - bambino! and once we got rolling we managed 2! Now, I have no idea when the memories of sitting on a bench wishing for a child will be juxtaposed with watching my two rugrats romp their way through the kingdom and cause me to dissolve into a puddle - that is the best cry (and ugliest) of all!

uh, YES!!!!
and for this upcoming trip I'll be 50 so hormones are in full emo force! Gonna be waterfalls several times a day!

Illuminations-every time!! When they play all the fog horn tunes on the Fantasy/Dream! WHEN MICKEY MOUSE TALKED TO ME!!!

All the time, and I don't even have kids.

The usual spots:
Flag Retreat
One Man's Dream movie
Wishes finale
Illuminations Globe entrance
Film montage in the Great Movie Ride
Good Morning Show at MK
Circle of Life film
Festival of the Lion King (that was, haven't seen the new show)
Finding Nemo: The Musical

I cry at various times, seeing the castle, wishes, etc, but when I cry the hardest is coming around the corner on to Main Street USA during the WDW or Princess half marathon.

I thought crying at Disney was part of the experience! While I can cry at commercials on TV ( that coffee one where the dog is waiting for him to come home year after year - until one time he comes home from college and instead of Fido its his mom with coffee - you know the one, right?) I am a walking water faucet and Disney is no exception. The music, the castle, fireworks - all ellicit a watery response.
My favorite Disney cry is when I realize I am here with my kids, you see DH and I took several childless trips (not that they werent fun) that were sometimes hard because we were having difficulty conceiving. Then finally - bambino! and once we got rolling we managed 2! Now, I have no idea when the memories of sitting on a bench wishing for a child will be juxtaposed with watching my two rugrats romp their way through the kingdom and cause me to dissolve into a puddle - that is the best cry (and ugliest) of all![\B]

I get to have this experience for the first time this trip with my 3 year old on this trip and I know I'm gonna be a mess, heck I can't even watch the planning video with him without getting weepy.

Always! I always watch the old Disney commercials on youtube before we go, and the one where the little boy says "I'm too excited to sleep!" always makes me tear up. When we go to Disney World we always go to Epcot first and Illuminations always makes me cry. I also cry when I first step onto Main Street and as soon as I get close to the castle. Other teary moments are meeting Mickey, standing in front of the statue of Walt and Mickey, every time I go on Soarin', and the Lion King performance at Animal Kingdom. Also, on our last night we always finish our trip with Wishes and I bawl like a baby throughout the whole thing! The "magic" just gets to me! There's probably a million other moments that get me crying, and the sad part is - I don't even have kids!!

I'm not a crier at all, but I get teared up at Wishes every time

off topic, but has anyone been to the Constitution Center in Philly? The performance they put on first made me bawl

Always! I always watch the old Disney commercials on youtube before we go, and the one where the little boy says "I'm too excited to sleep!" always makes me tear up. When we go to Disney World we always go to Epcot first and Illuminations always makes me cry. I also cry when I first step onto Main Street and as soon as I get close to the castle. Other teary moments are meeting Mickey, standing in front of the statue of Walt and Mickey, every time I go on Soarin', and the Lion King performance at Animal Kingdom. Also, on our last night we always finish our trip with Wishes and I bawl like a baby throughout the whole thing! The "magic" just gets to me! There's probably a million other moments that get me crying, and the sad part is - I don't even have kids!!

:welcome:

I cry a lot at Disney - the more times I go the more I bawl! haha My DD makes fun of me so much because one particular time Mickey blew me a kiss from his parade float and I lost it. And one time Pooh was being adorable with her at Crystal Palace and I cried so hard I had to go to the bathroom to collect myself. I love it so much!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter