DVC Refurbishment Tracker

I just came back from my first split stay at kidani/jambo and I have to agree that they need a refurb badly. I stayed at Kidani first with a parking lot view and after staying at the Floridian previously I thought about selling my contract. Luckily I enjoyed Jambo much more with that savannah view, but I need them to get rid of that horrid brown paint they used on the trim. It has so much untapped potential.
The nasty carpet in the rooms needs to come out and be replaced with hard floors.

For those wondering what order the BLT refurb will happen: I went back through old posts from the 2016 soft refurb, and found out that (according to a cast member asked at the time) renovation started on floor 12 and worked down, then would move to the top floors. Someone reported staying on floor 5 when that floor was being rehabbed and the work started on the south-facing section. The guest was in a theme park view room and their room hadn't been done yet. Of course, this might not be the plan for the next refurb, but that was the order in 2016.

I'm not sure if links work in this group, but here's a link to the FB discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/baylake/permalink/10157251682135454

Last edited:

Updated posts 1 and 2 with the 2023 Condo Association info (I'm very late on that, sorry!) and the recent news that BLT will be Sep 2024 - Sep 2025.

Updated posts 1 and 2 with the 2023 Condo Association info (I'm very late on that, sorry!) and the recent news that BLT will be Sep 2024 - Sep 2025.
Such a long time range for BLT! I suppose getting a refurbished room by our trip in December will be difficult

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter