DVC Refurbishment Tracker

I just want it complete before our (likely) December 2025 trip! I already figure it won't happen before our June 2024 trip since they haven't officially mentioned it at all yet. But we want to do a 1-bedroom for that December trip and it would be great to have a refurbished room by then since my husband or I will have to share the living room bed with our son (safety reasons.) I don't want either of us to be stuck on a pull out couch.

I would NOT want to be moved to VDH. I would rather be moved to a regular hotel room at the Grand Cal. Though I really would like a proper fridge of some sort and not a mini-fridge. Or club level, but I don't see that happening at all!
I agree. I would be extremely angry if I booked at VGC and then got moved to VDH. I would be okay with being moved to a hotel room though at Grand Californian though.

I would go absolutely irate if they moved me to VDH and wanted me to pay that extra tax they have on top of that.

Quick updates:

Bay Lake Tower's inventory disruption has shifted significantly. I now have a very high confidence that the disruption starting late April 2024 is in service of a refurb.

Kidani Village has an interesting inventory disruption starting mid-July 2024. It's a significant volume removed from inventory; the rooms account for about 1mil points over the course of a year. However, due to the exclusion of one room type it doesn't really map to any sector(s) of the resort cleanly, which refurb inventory disruptions often do. I have low confidence that this is for a refurb (but I also don't have better ideas). Future shifts may increase that confidence.

Quick updates:

Bay Lake Tower's inventory disruption has shifted significantly. I now have a very high confidence that the disruption starting late April 2024 is in service of a refurb.

Kidani Village has an interesting inventory disruption starting mid-July 2024. It's a significant volume removed from inventory; the rooms account for about 1mil points over the course of a year. However, due to the exclusion of one room type it doesn't really map to any sector(s) of the resort cleanly, which refurb inventory disruptions often do. I have low confidence that this is for a refurb (but I also don't have better ideas). Future shifts may increase that confidence.
What does disruption mean in this context? BLT specifically... very keen to stay Sep 2024 so curious on this interruption. Really like those rooms to be done of course.

Any update on the BVC restart? It should be wrapping up shortly but I don't believe it ever restarted in Aug.

What does disruption mean in this context? BLT specifically... very keen to stay Sep 2024 so curious on this interruption. Really like those rooms to be done of course.
I use "disruption" to indicate a reduction in daily inventory I can't explain.

For example, there might be 100 rooms in a category maximum, but most nights DVC only releases 90 into inventory (this is extremely common); this is not a disruption.

A disruption is when that 90 is suddenly 60 and 30-40 rooms are out of inventory before they're even bookable (I check the 11m+7d inventory between midnight and 8am).

A shifting disruption is when the disruption moves from one category to another, or the balance shifts significantly. For example, across room types and views, there might be a max of 30/100/50 rooms, with only 25/60/30 rooms available during a disruption, but suddenly that changing to 15/45/45 indicates two things:
  1. They're still pulling significant inventory for an unannounced reason.
  2. They're moving that disruption to different rooms, such as a different floor/wing/section/building of a resort, a required step for a refurb.
In this case, something similar happened at BLT.

I use "disruption" to indicate a reduction in daily inventory I can't explain.

For example, there might be 100 rooms in a category maximum, but most nights DVC only releases 90 into inventory (this is extremely common); this is not a disruption.

A disruption is when that 90 is suddenly 60 and 30-40 rooms are out of inventory before they're even bookable (I check the 11m+7d inventory between midnight and 8am).

A shifting disruption is when the disruption moves from one category to another, or the balance shifts significantly. For example, across room types and views, there might be a max of 30/100/50 rooms, with only 25/60/30 rooms available during a disruption, but suddenly that changing to 15/45/45 indicates two things:
  1. They're still pulling significant inventory for an unannounced reason.
  2. They're moving that disruption to different rooms, such as a different floor/wing/section/building of a resort, a required step for a refurb.
In this case, something similar happened at BLT.
Thank you. Well maybe I will take that and assume refurb too as that would line up.

Quick updates:

Yes, please! I'm really looking forward to the BLT hard refurb.

We are looking at Sept 2024 also. If it starts in April how long would it take?

Maybe the shift
Quick updates:

exclusion of one room type? So maybe they couldn’t get pull downs in one size so they are doing the others??

Maybe the shift

exclusion of one room type? So maybe they couldn’t get pull downs in one size so they are doing the others??
I'm skeptical.

Due to forum rules I don't want to get into specifics, but they appear to be splitting lock-offs in the inventory (one side has lots of inventory removed, the other side doesn't). I'd suspect they'd take the whole lock-off unit offline as part of a refurb, even if there's no murphy beds going into one side of the lock-off.

I'd even suspect a step further in the logistics: I'd suspect they'd try to take entire floors/wings offline as much as possible, and there's no signs of that either.

It's just a bizarre inventory disruption.

We are looking at Sept 2024 also. If it starts in April how long would it take?
I haven't seen signs in the early Sept 2024 BLT inventory that the inventory has returned to normal.

September 2024 might be a time where all the rooms are either refurbished or in the process of being refurbished, meaning all guests get a refurbished room. This is total speculation on my part though.

I'm skeptical.

Due to forum rules I don't want to get into specifics, but they appear to be splitting lock-offs in the inventory (one side has lots of inventory removed, the other side doesn't). I'd suspect they'd take the whole lock-off unit offline as part of a refurb, even if there's no murphy beds going into one side of the lock-off.

I'd even suspect a step further in the logistics: I'd suspect they'd try to take entire floors/wings offline as much as possible, and there's no signs of that either.

It's just a bizarre inventory disruption.

I haven't seen signs in the early Sept 2024 BLT inventory that the inventory has returned to normal.

September 2024 might be a time where all the rooms are either refurbished or in the process of being refurbished, meaning all guests get a refurbished room. This is total speculation on my part though.
Didn't Beach Club have work going on within same holiday as people dodged work as they passed by. Hard to take all the rooms down at once there I imagine. My gut tells me some rooms will be updated and some still old come Sept but they move quickly here... who knows.

Didn't Beach Club have work going on within same holiday as people dodged work as they passed by. Hard to take all the rooms down at once there I imagine. My gut tells me some rooms will be updated and some still old come Sept but they move quickly here... who knows.
BCV took entire floors offline, though there was a few days of transition if I remember correctly. Other work may have been guest-facing, though.

BCV took entire floors offline, though there was a few days of transition if I remember correctly. Other work may have been guest-facing, though.
We sure saw a lot of work but yeah maybe floor was technically closed. I guess they may opt for not removing floors or room types potentially. It's due this year and the situation does point to some sort of work.

Quick updates:

It seems to me that a bunch of availability has become available again at Bay Lake, except maybe standard views.

Not sure if this is new news, but while I was on the phone with Member Services last week, I was told they expect the Copper Creek soft good refurb to be wrapping up in September. I'm not reporting anything ground-breaking, but if the cast members information was good, it might mean that anyone with an August-or-later reservation will definitely have a refurbished room. I'm hoping these rooms feature the murphy bed units, size permitting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter