DVC Refurbishment Tracker

Not sure if this is new news, but while I was on the phone with Member Services last week, I was told they expect the Copper Creek soft good refurb to be wrapping up in September. I'm not reporting anything ground-breaking, but if the cast members information was good, it might mean that anyone with an August-or-later reservation will definitely have a refurbished room. I'm hoping these rooms feature the murphy bed units, size permitting.
A Murphy bed isn’t a soft good, so I wouldn’t expect it.

A Murphy bed isn’t a soft good, so I wouldn’t expect it.
They installed them into BCV during its recent soft goods refurb and into Poly and VGF as well. I think they want to get them into every DVC resort (where practical) as soon as they can. I suspect they probably get a lot of complaints about uncomfortable sofa sleepers and want to put those behind them!

They installed them into BCV during its recent soft goods refurb and into Poly and VGF as well. I think they want to get them into every DVC resort (where practical) as soon as they can. I suspect they probably get a lot of complaints about uncomfortable sofa sleepers and want to put those behind them!
I agree, if they're doing any kind of refurb nowadays, then they're likely to take the opportunity to put in the murphy beds. But I was under the impression that the murphy beds didn't fit at CCV... definitely hope that's not the case!

I'm getting antsy not hearing any news on the VGC refurb. I know it won't be done before our June trip but now I'm starting to wonder if it will even be done before our 2025 trip!
Maybe they’ll post an updated schedule at the annual meeting on December 7. I guess I shouldn’t call it a schedule, though, it’s more like the Pirates’ Code.

I just came back from my first split stay at kidani/jambo and I have to agree that they need a refurb badly. I stayed at Kidani first with a parking lot view and after staying at the Floridian previously I thought about selling my contract. Luckily I enjoyed Jambo much more with that savannah view, but I need them to get rid of that horrid brown paint they used on the trim. It has so much untapped potential.

How long do they usually take to complete?
I would only be able to speculate.

So I'll speculate!

I'm expecting something like 5-6 months, or about 1 month per floor. The initial inventory removed matches the 2nd floor inventory.

EDIT: I've updated posts 1 and 2 with the latest info, including BCV's refurb completion. I didn't have Vero/Hilton Head info at top of mind so those might still need updates.

Last edited:
I would only be able to speculate.

So I'll speculate!

I'm expecting something like 5-6 months, or about 1 month per floor. The initial inventory removed matches the 2nd floor inventory.

EDIT: I've updated posts 1 and 2 with the latest info, including BCV's refurb completion. I didn't have Vero/Hilton Head info at top of mind so those might still need updates.
You are an absolute gem of a poster. Thank you for all of the hard work you do!

I have no idea how you figure this stuff out but thanks! Exciting! After our June trip, we won't be back until December 2025 so looks like we're good! Fingers crossed for murphy beds.
I think you’re good for 2025. Goodluck! Sure to be AWESOME :smickey:

I just came back from my first split stay at kidani/jambo and I have to agree that they need a refurb badly. I stayed at Kidani first with a parking lot view and after staying at the Floridian previously I thought about selling my contract. Luckily I enjoyed Jambo much more with that savannah view, but I need them to get rid of that horrid brown paint they used on the trim. It has so much untapped potential.
It's one of my home resorts but I refuse to stay there until the refurb happens. I'm just using them as SAP atm...hopefully it gets done next year

Okay...I know this morning I said we won't be back at VGC until June 2024 and then December 2025. But, not surprisingly, we're trying to figure out if we should make a trip to either DLR or WDW between those two trips.....decisions, decisions! If we did choose VGC, I wonder how hard it would be to get a studio in Jan/Feb 2025 with refurbs happening. Also wondering just how loud things are during that time.

Okay...I know this morning I said we won't be back at VGC until June 2024 and then December 2025. But, not surprisingly, we're trying to figure out if we should make a trip to either DLR or WDW between those two trips.....decisions, decisions! If we did choose VGC, I wonder how hard it would be to get a studio in Jan/Feb 2025 with refurbs happening. Also wondering just how loud things are during that time.
Feb would be choice. Low crowds and point chart!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter