FANTASMIC! Dining, Dessert, Fastpass Thread - Q&A Here

Fingers crossed that they have something!! I don't want to wait in line for 2 hours to get a spot!!

Fast Pass seating sections like WOC will most defiantly be returning as will dining packages...I believe both of those are confirmed. Both of those were in place before it went down.

I am hoping they do an "old school" dessert seating for Fantasmic. After doing the Dessert Party for WoC, I would totally pay $$ for a seat for Fantasmic. But of course with no "adult" beverages, it would have to be priced accordingly.

I'd love to see a dessert party for Fantasmic! I love the WOC dessert party and would definitely pay for a seat to watch Fantasmic!

Fingers crossed that they have something!! I don't want to wait in line for 2 hours to get a spot!!

They had "Fast Passes" system in place during the close of F!, so I'm guessing that they will do something similar to that. And for the Electric Parade they don't allow people to save spots more than 1 hour prior to show time, so I have a feeling they might do that for F! too.

I am really hoping for a dining or desert package!

Fingers crossed!
Kriss :tink:

I have not attended Fantasmic in five years, and even then we did the dessert party so I do not know how viewing the show will work when it returns later this month. A few questions:

1. Is it true that there will be no dessert parties or other extra cost ways to get a good view with low waiting?

2. If so, will that do anything to change FP strategy?

3. Given the popularity of the returning show, but also the AP blockouts for the month of July, any tips on the likely best way to see the show this month?

1) I believe they said they will start selling dining packages on 7/6.

2) There's no indication that the FP will affect your ability to get other fastpasses, so probably no strategy needed except to get one as soon as the park opens.

3) No doubt it will be crazy popular for a while. I'd do a dining package if you can.

Honestly, they have released little information on how it will all work. Just stay tuned here. I'm sure as more info is released, it will be all over this board.

Good to know they might open up dining packages. I'll be looking for them on a daily basis.

I'm checking for dining packages every day. It has been about 15 years since I last saw F! I want to take my 7-year-old to see it this summer as a special trip with just the 2 of us, but I want him to be able to actually see it. I saw it so many times when I was a kid, but the only time I really remember is when my family made sure to get a front row seat. I want him to have that vivid memory, too.

Will be at DLR August 3-7 with DD10 and am dying to see Fantasmic! Beyond trying to get a FP or dining reservation - IF they are available - I was wondering if it is possible to see Fantasmic! from the River Belle Terrace outside seating? If so, what time would you get a reservation, allowing for time to wait for an outdoor table, but also not being so early that the meal is done and they kick us out before Fantasmic! begins? Thoughts?

Will be at DLR August 3-7 with DD10 and am dying to see Fantasmic! Beyond trying to get a FP or dining reservation - IF they are available - I was wondering if it is possible to see Fantasmic! from the River Belle Terrace outside seating? If so, what time would you get a reservation, allowing for time to wait for an outdoor table, but also not being so early that the meal is done and they kick us out before Fantasmic! begins? Thoughts?
I believe when they went to FP's to see Fantasmic!, the seating at RBT wasn't an option as it use to be.
We use to do something similar to have a seat there for the show. But like I said we couldn't do it once they went to the FP viewing system.

It will be interesting to hear how seating is arranged once it's back on.

Last edited:
Someone remind me which restaurant other than Blue Bayou will most likely be a part of the dining package. Is it only Aladdin's Oasis?

Tagging onto OP's questions...
We are planning our 5th DL trip. We have never watched Fantasmic at DL simply because we haven't figured out HOW to watch it. We have seen the WDW version a couple dozen times. But, with the lack of a dedicated seating area, I just don't know how to navigate it. My husband doesn't really like people (yes, this makes for some interesting Disney trips!) so we have only watched World of Color from the comfort of our villa balcony at GC! And that show does have some sort of dedicated area!! Add to that the complication of bringing 5 DL newbies with us and our dates being so close to the reopening...(7/29-8/3).
Anyway...what is the best strategy for watching F! without doing a dining package? Or am I crazy for thinking I can get a group of 9 (including 4 kids) to a good viewing location at all? I would consider a dining pkg but others we are traveling with are very tight with money and are being very cheap about all dining.
Help a girl out!!

Am I correct to assume that there won't be a seated option? I haven't watched F! since they had the seated dessert parties, which were awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter