FANTASMIC! Dining, Dessert, Fastpass Thread - Q&A Here

... Anyway...what is the best strategy for watching F! without doing a dining package?...
Before the hiatus, you could get a free FP. Here is the F! superthread with a map of the viewing areas, see the first page (https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...o-know-about-fantasmic-at-disneyland.2671983/). As long as you were in line early for your viewing area, you could get a good view. Maybe not as good a view as being right up front like in the dining package area, but a pretty good view without paying anything. You could get your FPs first thing in the morning at the F! kiosks by Big Thunder (?).

Am I correct to assume that there won't be a seated option? I haven't watched F! since they had the seated dessert parties, which were awesome.
After the VIP Dessert Package went away, there was no seated option for regular guests. The BB dining package came with a foam cushion for sitting on the ground. There was some seating for Make a Wish guests on the center steps.

Last edited:
Just confirmed with the Dine Line that F! packages will be offered at BB, RBT, and Hungry Bear (on the go). BB will continue to offer MSEP packages until Aug. 20th.

Did they say those would go live tomorrow? Or give any indication of what time or if it'd be over the phone or online as well?

Did they say those would go live tomorrow? Or give any indication of what time or if it'd be over the phone or online as well?

The CM would not formally commit to a date or time. She said it would be soon and to keep trying by phone or online. She did think it would be easier to get RBT and HB, at least until later in August.

The CM would not formally commit to a date or time. She said it would be soon and to keep trying by phone or online. She did think it would be easier to get RBT and HB, at least until later in August.

Bleh. There are the rumors of it going live tomorrow. I only have one night to see it and it's opening night. So I've been on high alert for the past few days. Constant vigilance, as mad eye moody would say.

I think it's going to depend a lot on whether the RBT does a F! dining package or not. There are very few tables with the RBT seating area that have an unobstructed view of the show (there are trees, light posts, umbrellas, etc. that will get in the way of most of the tables, except some of those right along the railing). Previously they did allow guests that were seated on the patio to remain when the show started or they could go down to the viewing area (I think dinner was dining package only - so most gusts would go down to the viewing area). I would probably aim to make a reservation about 60-90 minutes before the show starts (RBT is typically a pretty fast meal - less than 60 minutes to be seated, order, and eat), but know that they may not take seating requests (I'm sure the patio tables would be very popular). The area to the left of the RBT seating area (closer to the Stage Door Cafe) is first-come-first-serve, but it's off at an angle and again, there are umbrellas, light posts, and trees that get in the way.

Is the number to call the same as Disney Dining? And also, does anyone know if a meal of either lunch or dinner at the restaurants offered will get you a chance to book the dining package?

Last edited:
I was hoping there would be some sort of dessert party but it sounds like it's not likely. How did the seating/standing work for the dinner package guests?

I was hoping there would be some sort of dessert party but it sounds like it's not likely. How did the seating/standing work for the dinner package guests?

I did the Blue Bayou Fantasmic package in June 2015. If you have a dining reservation before 6pm you go to the first Fantasmic, dining reservations after 6pm are for the second Fantasmic.

When we were shown to our table there was a foam cushion at each place setting and we had a set menu, very similar to the current menu for the MSEP dining package.

At the end of our meal, when we paid, we were given our viewing area tickets. The viewing area opened about 45 minutes before showtime. The entrance was located beside The Haunted Mansion Merchandise cart. Our viewing area was that middle bit of railings right infront of the Fantasmic stage on the island. We decided to go to the viewing area when it opened and we managed to get right at the railings, in the middle of the viewing area. I am used to sitting on the ground ( waiting in line for concerts etc) so with the foam cushion I was quiet comfortable. My friend who is not so used to sitting on the ground was ok, but a bit uncomfortable. The ground is on a slope which is a bit easier to sit on than level ground.

One thing we noticed though were space invaders. We got there early and while we did sit next to people, we were not cramped and left space between us and the people around us, a comfortable space as the viewing area is large. As more people arrived, every one tended to do the same, as there was enough space not to have to cram ontop of each other. BUT by the time the show was about to start a family ran into the area and jumped / plonked themselves down in the space between us and the family beside us. Very uncomfortable and rude, there was tons of space at the back of the viewing area but this family decided to squeeze themselves into a gap that was not big enough for all of them. As a result both us on one side and the other family on the other side had to squidge up and make room for this late comer family.

Everyone in the dining package viewing area remained seated during the show.

We did the BB dining package in November 2015, right before it went down for construction. It was just me and DH. We had a similar experience to BadPinkTink. Even though I had gone to DL many times as a kid, I don't ever remember Fantasmic. Maybe my parents never wanted to fight the crowd or maybe I just don't remember. I loved the show and was so glad we had a reserved spot with a pad to sit on. You do have to watch your space though. If there is room for half a person, someone will sit there. We plan to go back with our 4 kids sometime this year, so I am really hoping the Hungry Bear option includes a seated reserved spot. It it is a standing reserved spot it is worthless to me because most of us won't be able to see. I'm not willing to pay BB prices for my kids who mostly want to eat burgers and chicken strips.

Our experience was different than badpinktink. We did the Blue Bayou package in summer 2015, but the night we did it, the dining packages were oversold and they did not keep the other dining package areas and the BB areas separated although they had separate entry lines. The CMs at the other dining package lines let them start entering before the BB line CMs opened their line, and they rushed in and started flooding the areas. We were near the front of the BB line but by the time we got in the area we were 3 or 4 rows of people back from the front. The dining package area was packed like sardines that night to the point that people that arrived close to showtime had trouble finding anywhere to sit. It was a big step down from the old dessert party. I'm worried that it will be that way again, especially at first with everyone wanting to see the new show.

I was hoping there would be some sort of dessert party but it sounds like it's not likely...
When fastpass was added to Fantasmic a few years ago, the area used by the dessert party was taken over by Guest Relations (VIP Tours, invited guests...). I have heard Guest Relations will continue to have a reserved area, which makes a dessert party less likely.

...One thing we noticed though were space invaders...
Blast them :goodvibes
p.txt.jpeg

While it is slightly elevated, your view would be obstructed by people standing. The walkway is also right in front of the patio, so you will have plenty of CMs in front telling people to keep moving along, with light up directional wands. It's not the best experience, so I'd definitely recommend just doing a regular dining package earlier and sitting in the reserved seating area in front of the Rivers of America. Honestly, if available, I would push for a lunch, so you can get out of that area until it's time for Fantasmic. It gets very chaotic and crowded, so would prefer to spend more of the evening on the east side of the park until coming back to NOSquare.

Plenty of River Belle terrace, blue bayou is having an error. Wonder if I can call in the morning and have my bb regular adr converted.

I was able to make a reservation for River Belle Terrace! Also having trouble with Blue Bayou, so I'll try to call first thing in the morning, as that's my first choice. They don't mention the cushion with the BB package. Seems like they aren't including that anymore.

I'm curious about the option to pay $15 more to dine at River Belle Terrace and watch the show from your table for the 8:00 show. How would the view be from that area? I am guessing not as good as from one of the reserved seating sections in front of the RoA?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter