federal tax return

We filed the evening of 2/3 and expected a refund around the 15th. I keep checking WMR and they have no info for us. :headache: We e-filed using Tax Act.

same here. e-filed on 2/3 with tax act. WMR says my refund should be deposited on 2/24. perhaps y'all could check on that date and see if yours went in too. i hope so!

I used H&R Block online and filed on the 9th and accepted on the 10th.

I got an email, that the return was being delayed, but it was deposited on the 17th into our bank account.

Accord to WMR our DD was supposed to be today using DH's SS number. WhenI plugged in my SS number, it shows the DD to be on Feb 28. We filed as married filing jointly:confused:

E-filed DS' return using TT on 2-11. He received auto deposit today Tuesday 2-21.

Goodness, this has been an interesting wait for the refund this year!

I efiled 2/3 via H&R Block online, it was accepted the same day. The original anticipated direct deposit date was February 15.

WMR gave me no info until around that date and it said to expect my refund by March 6.

Monday I checked WMR and it said to expect my refund on Februaury 22.

Yesterday I got error messages on WMR.

This morning I wake up, check my bank account and it is not there. I log back into WMR and it says to expect my refund on February 24.

Guess I'll try again on Friday lol.

Accord to WMR our DD was supposed to be today using DH's SS number. WhenI plugged in my SS number, it shows the DD to be on Feb 28. We filed as married filing jointly:confused:

That's weird.... It should still show up as the same date. The government shouldn't try to fix things. Because they end up screwing up more things than they fix most of the times.....

Mine is finally showing a DD of March 6. The lady at the IRS told me March 12 Monday. I guess I'll take that.

They appeared to be doing work on the WMR site last night. It was down for about 12 hours.

What is the correct # to call to get a live person and not get stuck in voice prompt hell??

My deposit date on the website still shows yesterday, but the bank is still not showing a deposit.

When I call the # listed on their website to check on my refund status, I'm not getting a an option to talk to a real person.

What is the correct # to call to get a live person and not get stuck in voice prompt hell??

My deposit date on the website still shows yesterday, but the bank is still not showing a deposit.

When I call the # listed on their website to check on my refund status, I'm not getting a an option to talk to a real person.

Enter extension 362 when you call. Be warned--you will be on hold for at least 30 minutes. I was on hold for 45.

I thought the website says that if DD is expected on x day then wait until x day to call us because we can't do anything until then.

Actually, here is the exact wording from DD's WMR

Your tax refund is scheduled to be direct deposited on February 23, 2012. If your refund is not credited to your account by February 28, 2012, check with your bank to find out if it has been received. Please wait until February 28, 2012 before you contact us again because we are unable to take any action until then.

I don't understand why everyone is calling and bugging the IRS. It says on their website that they are having problems. Be patient.

From the WMR Main page:

Where's My Refund - It's Quick, Easy, and Secure.

Update: We are aware that some taxpayers who have filed electronically and received an acknowledgement from the IRS are concerned when they visit "Where's My Refund" and are told that we have no information regarding their return. This is a temporary situation, and we expect to resolve the matter in a few days. At that time, taxpayers will be able to get an expected refund date when they visit "Where's My Refund."

If a taxpayer received an acknowledgment message that their e-filed tax return has been received, they can be assured that the IRS has the tax return even though "Where's My Refund" does not reflect that. Taxpayers should not call the IRS unless specifically directed by "Where's My Refund," as there is no new information to give them.

We expect the vast majority of tax refunds to continue to be issued within the historical range of 10 to 21 days. The IRS is taking steps to update information so that Where's My Refund has current information. The IRS apologizes for any inconvenience and will provide updated information as soon as possible.

Thought I would add my experience to the others! We efiled through Turbo Tax and it was accepted by the IRS on Feb. 5, and then it went to a dark, dark place and could not be found. :eek: It is just this morning showing up on WMR with an estimated DD date of March 6.

I just spoke with an irs rep. She said to disregard the WMR entirely. It's giving wrong info. It was telling me i would have my dd by 2/21 but when she checked the system, I'm not getting my refund until 2/27.

I e-filed 2/2 w/ TT
Accepted 2/3

Original DD date was 2/14 by WMR
Changed to 2/22 on 2/16 on WMR

Was DD today 2/22

I also received the state DD on 2/13 and it was e-filed at the same time.

i filed with turbo tax on feb 3 and it was accepted on feb 4th i also did both of my kids on the 4th and they were accepted on the 4th. Their refunds were deposited on Feb 15th. I finially got a date of March 6th on saturday and then it changed to feb 22 on monday then it changed to feb 24 and it is finially pending in my account to be deposited on the 24th. I have never had any trouble before with getting my refund in a timely manner.

I just spoke with an irs rep. She said to disregard the WMR entirely. It's giving wrong info. It was telling me i would have my dd by 2/21 but when she checked the system, I'm not getting my refund until 2/27.

What number did you call I get getting routed thru to the automated prompts. WMR gave me a date of 2/21 and still no deposit as of today : (

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. I used turbo tax and filed and had it accepted on 2/3 and still no direct deposit. I need to pay the remainder of our disney trip by next Tuesday. I really hate to dip into my savings to pay it, but if I don't get my refund soon I guess I'll do what I have to do :confused3

I called 1-800-829-1040. I didn't press 1 to check refund status, I pressed the number to gp on a payment plan for a bill. I was on hold for about 15 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter