FINAL UPDTD 8/16 - The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV

I apologize for the many post. I am trying to get caught up. I was (no surprise) very behind!

One more thing...

A note about our upcoming trip in October. DW and I are going on a Disney cruise for the first time! DW has been twice on a cruise in her youth with her parents and I have never been on a cruise ship. We will follow up the cruise with a trip to WDW for F&W with one of our sons. DS1 and DDiL were both supposed to join us for the WDW portion of this trip but DDiL got accepted into nursing school and could not take the time off. We couldn’t cancel our 2BR villa at BCV and change to a 1BR so DS1 decided to join us alone. Here is our itinerary…

Oct 1 (Wed) – Arrive in Port Canaveral around 6pm. We have reservations at the Radisson there at the port. We are able to leave our vehicle at the hotel while on the cruise and the hotel will shuttle us to and from the cruise terminal.

Oct 2 (Thurs) – Boarding time for the Disney Dream is 10:30am. We have a category 4C oceanview stateroom with verandah. (I hope DW doesn’t get any ideas to push me overboard. Maybe she’s forgotten the Café Risque joke by then?)

Oct 3 (Fri) – Dock at Nassau about 9:30am. DW has an onboard massage at their spa at 9:15am. Once she is finished and dressed, we will disembark, find a souvenir shop for a gift or two and get back on the ship to explore while it is less crowded. We have 6:00pm dining reservations at Remy’s onboard and the Pirate deck party is at 9:45pm.

Oct 4 (Sat) – Arrive at Disney’s Castaway Cay around 8:30am. Go ashore and I will TRY to chillax until our jet ski reservations at noon. This is an hour long guided tour around the island. Get back onboard and attend one of the shows offered that night.

Oct 5 (Sun) – Arrive back at Pt. Canaveral about 7:30am. Disembark, shuttle back to the Radisson, pick up vehicle and drive to the BCV. The Saints are playing Tampa Bay in NOLA so we’ll probably eat at the ESPN club and watch the game. DS1 arrives at MCO at 2:25 so he will board MDE and arrive at BCV about 4:00pm. ADRs at Via Napoli at 7:00pm.

Oct 6 (Mon) – DHS today. FP @ 9:05am -Tower of Terror; FP @ 10:25am – Star Tours; FP @ noon Toy Story Mania. ADR @ 7:00pm at California Grille

Oct 7 (Tue) – MK/EPCOT today. FP @ 9:25am – BTMRR; FP @ 1:35pm – Splash Mtn; FP @ 2:55 – SDMT. F&W reservation for the Hibachi Experience in Japan from 4:30-6:30pm

Oct 8 (Wed) – AK today. FP @ 9:25am – Kilimanjaro Safari; FP @ 10:45am – Expedition Everest; FP @ 11:50am – Kali River Rapids. ADR @ 6:50pm at Polynesian Resort Ohana’s.

Oct 9 (Thur) – EPCOT today. Graze during the morning for DS and I at the F&W kiosks. DW has a massage at the Yacht/Beach Club spa @ 11:30am. DS and I will attend the Beer Beverage Seminar @ noon in the Festival Center. DW will join us at some point for more grazing the kiosks. All three of us will attend the Culinary Demo @ 5:00pm in the Festival Center with Jiko’s chef cooking a beef dish.

Oct 10 (Fri) – Lazy day. Swimming at BCV’s Stormalong Bay and possibly more F&W kiosk grazing. DS’s flight leaves this afternoon @ 3:55pm so I guess MDE will pick him up around 1:30-2:00pm. DW and I will stay one more night and we have ADR at Victoria & Alberts main dining room for 5:15pm. We are on a waitlist for either the Chef’s Table or Queen Victoria’s Room.

Oct 11 (Sat) – Travel day back to Mississippi with no stops on I-75 at a certain club.

These are the same exact dates for our trip! 10/1 to 10/11. Only we start in WDW and end on a beach (yes, I know... I mentioned earlier that I struggle to not get bored on the beach...but I have to let dh have his dream vacation every now and again :rolleyes:)

Love the penciled in trips! I have trips planned in my head through next year and into 2016... nothing in 2017 though. ;)

I had those same thoughts as I passed by this area earlier in the week. If I remember, I'll ask my friend Teena.
If anyone would know, it would be Teena! :thumbsup2

EPCOT resorts rock!

I timed the trip from the BC lobby to the International Gateway, at a normal walking pace. 5 minutes!
We originally owned DVC at two other resorts but have consolidated our points at BWV & BCV. There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of the other resorts but the proximity to EPCOT and DHS makes these two spots where we love to stay.

So sorry to hear about your wife's migrane. :headache:
Glad the recovery was on the quicker side this time.
Some might say they're caused by putting up with me...not me...but some!

Mmmmm- breakfast at Boulangerie looks great. The picture of France is gorgeous!
It's a great place to eat and the low crowds sure do make for nice pics!

If you are going to miss a FP, Journey into Imagination is the one. Really, FP? I figured they were paying people to ride that one by now.
Actually, the only reason we had that one was because MDE makes you choose three and I didn't delete it!

Thanks for the info on new Soarin' films. Do you know when they are planning on debuting the DL one? It was the same old-same old in July.
I have not been able to find anyone willing to guesstimate a time for its debut but you know how tight-lipped everything is with Disney. By the time they make an official announcement about anything, the whole world already knows!

Love Sunshine Seasons!!! Rating??? Had lunch there on Monday.
It's such an eclectic place it is hard to rate but it's definitely at least an
A-

I had a FP for The Seas so I could visit Princess Caitlin, but since she was in MI this week, I changed it.
I wish I could've actually had the chance to meet.

Brave DW on M:S and TT.
More like stubborn as a mule!! :sad2:

Been a few years since we have dined at Coral Reef. We always enjoy the food but find the seating time/service is too slow. Too much park time missed.

:thumbsup2
It's really odd that a lot of people say the same thing about the service.

"I'll have what she's having!"

That is exactly what I had on Tuesday morning- the poached egg, artichoke spread, sweet potato hash and the coffee drink.

I actually split this, and some fresh berries with a friend and it was plenty.

And delicious!
I so wish Kouzzina was not closing. We finally had the opportunity to eat there and loved it.

I didn't know about the new flavors at Club Cool. Cool!
:thumbsup2

Is that a Pina Colava at the pool? YUM!
I do believe it was and according to DW, it was fantastic!

Cute Boardwalk pictures.
Thanks but it's easy to take pics when the subject is so nice.

Didn't know about the Marshmallow Roast at BW. What time was that?
It was about 6:30pm

What's that movie? :cold:
I forget the name...I Googled Frozen Ice Cold and got over 19 million hits so.....

June 7: Funny detour!

Great report! I love your humor, all of the detail and the pictures, even if there were fewer this time around.

:goodvibes
At least someone appreciates my "quirky" sense of humor! :lmao:

Great plans for your upcoming trip and future vacation plans.

When I saw your dates, I thought- wow, you are just missing being able to dine at Kouzzina again, but then I read the dining line-up you have on tap.

Fabulous!
It's gonna be a 5-10 lb weight gain vacay this time!! :rotfl2:

I'll be interested in hearing your opinions on the cruise and also a review of the spa at the Yacht & Beach. People ask about that frequently, but I have not done that.
It's amazing that so few even know about the Y&B spa.

Nice Fast Passes!
Disney still needs to do some tweaking about the FP reservation system. It will not allow you to change things around very easily if you don't want the A, B, C or D options they initially select for you.

Sounds like a spectacular trip.

:cool1:
Thanks but we'll be in WDW...it has to be a spectacular trip!! :thumbsup2

You are no more devious than I am!! :thumbsup2
Maybe it's a Mississippi thing?!?! :lmao:

Great TR as usual!! Glad to see you kept yourself in line this time! :rotfl:
Behaving was a one time thing...I promise to not do it ever again!!! :rolleyes:

Hopefully the next TR I can follow along as its being written! Won't be long and your plans look pretty great!
Won't be long for your next trip as well. Too bad we couldn't sync up our travel plans. We're going to need to work on that next time! :cool1:

Sorry to hear the dismeet had to be scrapped...but even more sad to hear the reason. :sad2: Your poor wife. That does not sound like a lot of fun. It does sound like you were forced to take the morning in a more relaxed fashion. So I guess that would be the upside to it, yes?
It did turn out that way although definitely not planned.

I have been to WDW twice now since the refurb and have yet to actually get something there myself. I think I will definitely be looking at it in October!
It's great for breakfast!

What lovely pictures you got! Again.. taking it leisurely makes for a pretty nice morning in my book. :goodvibes
Yes it is but don't tell DW I said that!! :rotfl:

OH! I so hope this happens!!
It's not official but it's been rumored from multiple sources so it's probably just a matter of time. They time the "official" announcements to garner the most publicity and take the thunder away from the competition.

Do you have to scan your band? We had MM in January. I know we got a lot of ride photos. It was new then though...seems like we had to scan the band.
The only time we scanned our bands was when a FP photographer took our pics. We did not have to scan for the ride photos after the new feature was in place.

That is VERY cool! Of course... I still wonder. :scratchin it just "knows" you are on the ride?
And they know where you are in the park, your spending habits, your eating habits, how long you take at every place you visit.....FREAKY!!

So glad she was feeling better.

Great pic! Looks like they had fun :thumbsup2
They did and I had just as much fun walking around "people watching!"

Isn't it fun to see a cm that you know/recognize? My son's fiance's best friend was working down at Kali when I was able to happen upon her. Luckily she had a moment for a picture.
I would have liked to actually meet her...maybe in October!

What a lovely walk back to the BW you had. :goodvibes
It's such a nice area to go old school and just "stroll".

That is a very long wait!

Oh no. What happened to their signature "chocolate wave" cake? (I guess others have asked too)
It seems the long wait happens more often than not and maybe the chocolate wave cake was on the menu and I missed it. :sad2:

:sad: Why does it have to close???
All of these are such great choices there!!!
I agree it is the best breakfast! I am so sad that they are closing right before we arrive.
It is so sad they are closing. I guess Cat Cora has her irons in too many fires.

I have never found it to be that gross. Last year though someone pointed out to me that it tastes like bubble gum. Now I can't "not" taste gum when I taste it. Still can't taste the apparent bitter that everyone else seems to complain about though. :rolleyes:
Different strokes for different folks. There are plenty of things I like that others shutter at! :lmao:

Wow! I hope she got the answers she needed. I can kinda understand though. It is very confusing in a lot of ways. I think I must have bombarded eandesmom non stop while we were in the process of purchasing our first contract.:rolleyes1

:rotfl: Some how the image of this poor woman trapped on the ride waiting for answers you never gave just made me giggle.
I love to talk DVC or WDW to anyone that will listen. I hope I helped them a little.

This looks like a nice relaxing time. I will be attempting to make friends with the clown slide in October. I am not sure how well it will go. :rolleyes:

And this would be why. I too am usually a "must go" sort of person. DH would be like your wife... able to spend the better part of a day on the beach just lounging. I am not even sure I last 45 minutes. :sad2:

And... if I can get past the creepiness of the clown I can see how it will help to keep me occupied. It looks like a fun enough slide. :goodvibes
I tell you what...we'll leave them at the pool and then go commando at the parks! :thumbsup2

What fun pictures! I think they totally needed to be posted! :thumbsup2
Yeah...you say that but she still doesn't know I posted them! :scared1:

We have never been able to make it to one of these. Looks like you had fun!

I love disney ducks! They look so peaceful taking a swim in the pool there.
The marshmallow roast was not rushed in the least bit and then we just sat and watched the "naked swimmers" for a while. It was nice for a while...a SHORT while! :rotfl2:

It really does! :scared1:
I'd hate to walk out there after too many adult beverages!! :sad2:

Oh my gosh! You are just too much! :rotfl2:
What can I say...I gotta be me! :rolleyes:

These are the same exact dates for our trip! 10/1 to 10/11. Only we start in WDW and end on a beach (yes, I know... I mentioned earlier that I struggle to not get bored on the beach...but I have to let dh have his dream vacation every now and again :rolleyes:)
I can relate...I do the same for DW! Do I detect a possible meetup?!?! :thumbsup2

The only time we scanned our bands was when a FP photographer took our pics. We did not have to scan for the ride photos after the new feature was in place.

That is slick! Definitely better than they had it in January.

And they know where you are in the park, your spending habits, your eating habits, how long you take at every place you visit.....FREAKY!!

It is freaky...but also kinda very cool!

I love to talk DVC or WDW to anyone that will listen. I hope I helped them a little.

I am sure you did. :thumbsup2

I can relate...I do the same for DW! Do I detect a possible meetup?!?! :thumbsup2

With overlapping dates we could certainly try! I just am amazed that our travel dates are exactly the same. It must just be a brilliant time to be on vacation..no matter what the plans. :goodvibes

I'm trying to become an uber-planner like Cynthia aka eandesmom!

:rotfl2: Who do you think I am learning to plan so far in advance from?

Speaking of future trips...we're leaning towards 12/06-12/13/15 with a backup of 11/29-12/06/15. What do you think, is that doable for Denny and you?

I think either of those are perfect. I like the idea of going right after Thanksgiving, but the 12/6-13 works too! Glad you are zeroing in. With all the people I have to share vacation with the sooner I request the better!

Can't believe you October trip is getting so close now. I really can't wait for ours. Gotta start counting the days soon!

I just found your trip report. I haven't started reading yet, but I just knew I had to sub because anyone who is a Disney fan AND a Saints fan, is cool with me. I am in no man's land in western Kentucky regarding the Saints fan base. Pretty sure there are like 5 members of the Who Dat nation here and my parents, my husband, and myself make up 4 of them. :rotfl:

Can't wait to read your report. I do have a joke to share that only a Saints fan will find amusing. What is the difference between a bathtub and the Falcons?

The bathtub has a ring. :rotfl2:

I think either of those are perfect. I like the idea of going right after Thanksgiving, but the 12/6-13 works too! Glad you are zeroing in. With all the people I have to share vacation with the sooner I request the better!
I'll pencil in the week after Thanksgiving then. 11/29-12/06/15 Mark it down. Write it in blood! We'll be there!!!!

Can't believe you October trip is getting so close now. I really can't wait for ours. Gotta start counting the days soon!
T-minus 11 days and counting before we leave for Pt. Canaveral!! :thumbsup2

I just found your trip report. I haven't started reading yet, but I just knew I had to sub because anyone who is a Disney fan AND a Saints fan, is cool with me. I am in no man's land in western Kentucky regarding the Saints fan base. Pretty sure there are like 5 members of the Who Dat nation here and my parents, my husband, and myself make up 4 of them. :rotfl:

Can't wait to read your report.
DS1 lives in Jackson, TN and he has the same problem with being isolated from very many Who Dat fans. I can't wait for the first home game this weekend. I was lucky enough to be able to get selected to be on the field when the Saints run out onto the field. I'll be one of the many holding a great big banner for the players to run between!

I do have a joke to share that only a Saints fan will find amusing. What is the difference between a bathtub and the Falcons?

The bathtub has a ring. :rotfl2:
:thumbsup2 :cool1: :lmao: :rotfl2:

DS1 lives in Jackson, TN and he has the same problem with being isolated from very many Who Dat fans. I can't wait for the first home game this weekend. I was lucky enough to be able to get selected to be on the field when the Saints run out onto the field. I'll be one of the many holding a great big banner for the players to run between!

That is so awesome! I am jealous. I will be watching tomorrow. Have a great time!

:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

Thanks to my dear, dear friend MEK here on the DISboards, I was asked to participate in the ALS Awareness ice water bucket challenge. Here is a link to my accepting that challenge...

http://youtu.be/wHrF1J3PHRk

LOVE IT!!! You are hilarious!! Heeheehee!! :rotfl:

That is freaking amazing and so cool!! I hope you have a fantastic time!!! :cheer2:

I can't wait for the first home game this weekend. I was lucky enough to be able to get selected to be on the field when the Saints run out onto the field. I'll be one of the many holding a great big banner for the players to run between!:thumbsup2 :cool1: :lmao: :rotfl2:

That is so awesome! I am jealous. I will be watching tomorrow. Have a great time!

That is freaking amazing and so cool!! I hope you have a fantastic time!!! :cheer2:

What a fantastic experience! Here are a few pics

DSiL

From the field

The obligatory selfie

We were this close to the Saintsations as they were practicing before game

Under the stadium waiting for our cue to head out

I stole this from a friend. It is after we did our thing and were standing on the goal line to the left in this picture during the national anthem

Wow! What a phenomenal experience! DSiL looks like he is in awe and just can't believe where he is! lol.

Happy to hear you had a wonderful time!! And were able to behave yourself around the Saintsations! :laughing:

What an amazing experience! DH wore his Saints hat every day that we were in Italy and a Saints shirt on the way home. He even got a Who Dat from one of the workers at the airport...in Atlanta!! :lmao:

Wow! What a phenomenal experience! DSiL looks like he is in awe and just can't believe where he is! lol.

Happy to hear you had a wonderful time!! And were able to behave yourself around the Saintsations! :laughing:

What an amazing experience! DH wore his Saints hat every day that we were in Italy and a Saints shirt on the way home. He even got a Who Dat from one of the workers at the airport...in Atlanta!! :lmao:

It truly was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I will....wait....I received another email from the Saints....they must have liked my performance (or they cannot find any other fool to do it!) because I am going to do it again for the Saints/Packers game on Sunday night, Oct 26th!! :cool1::thumbsup2

How's that for some pixie dust with a fleur-de-lis flavor?!?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter