FINAL UPDTD 8/16 - The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV

You know...you'd think DW would be used to my quirkyness after 32 years but that stop proved I can still surprise her! :rotfl2:

I'll admit here on the DISboards (but not to DW) that a day of non-uber planning was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. If anyone repeats that to DW I'll deny, deny, deny!! :sad2:

I'm still debating about whether to do a PTR, wait until I get home to start or no TR at all. Of course a lot depends on if DW successfully pushes me off the verandah while on DCL! I've told her I temporarily canceled my life insurance for the duration of the cruise so she won't have any incentive!

Why thank you so much! It is definitely a labor of love to do a detailed TR and kind words make it all worth while! :thumbsup2

Well I really hope by the time October rolls around you'll be bitten by the TR bug again! Seriously I laugh so much reading them and then I have to explain to the DBF what I'm laughing at! To him you are the guy who told the photopass photographer its inappropriate to have a brother and sister kiss! :lmao: (That still makes me chuckle!)

Bill, great wrap up to your trip (it's like we are on the same page the last couple of days....I updated mine again today AND updated my PTR! :rotfl2:).

I love your relaxing last day with breakfast (which looks marvelous and I may have to squeeze it in before it closes), going to Epcot for a ride on Soarin' and pool time (although that scary clown pool doesn't look too relaxing...I think Mark and I will hang at the quiet pool instead and if I want a drink, I'll send HIM to the bar to get it :lmao::lmao::lmao:).

I've never had a desire to go the ESPN Club. I will NOT let my DH watch the Bears while we are on vacation at DW; once we get to Marco it is a different story.

I'll have to tell Mark about the roasted marshmellows...I'm sure he'll want to partake.

:yay::yay: for Frozen...love that movie.

Okay, I am just busting a gut over here :lmao: and my husband is wondering what is wrong with me. Your stop at the Gentlemen's Club certainly made up for your lack of bothering the CM's this trip. :lmao::lmao:

Your plans sound great for October; I just wish we were overlapping. :(

Well, not shocked that I am behind again. I just think everyone should update once a week like me. :rotfl2:

I'll have to break this apart:

1. Boo to the migraine, but happy that it went away in a few hours with good meds.

2. Boo to missing a DIS meet with Kathy.

3. Yum to breakfast in France. I need to try that in Feb when I am staying in the Epcot resorts.

4. Yay for Soarin!

OK - what else - Oh yeah - Cute picture of Caitlin working. Too bad its so dark! The whole family just moved to Florida today so I am hoping for more DIS meets with Caitlin and her family.

5. Cool pictures of Coral Reef. I love when there is a diver in the tank. Sorry you didn't love your meal. I hate a great meal there last June. Loved it!

Back to read!

What? You're done? You didn't waste anytime, did you?

What a nice relaxing last day. Love the breakfast pics. I love breakfast there! It's so good. I would love to try those waffles.

The marshmallow roast looks fun.

Pool time is always fun and I really enjoy the ducks at the quiet pool.

Nice joke on the way home. Way to stir things up! :rotfl:

Nice plans for October. I'm bummed that we are just missing each other.

Have you decided on your Christmas dates for 2015????? Inquiring minds want to know. ::yes::

Gah, I am so behind and now you are done??? Ok, will catch up tonight. Blessed with a work trip and 5 free evenings without major distractions. Other than said work of course.

Well I really hope by the time October rolls around you'll be bitten by the TR bug again!
I'm sure I will start a new TR at some point.

Seriously I laugh so much reading them and then I have to explain to the DBF what I'm laughing at! To him you are the guy who told the photopass photographer its inappropriate to have a brother and sister kiss! :lmao: (That still makes me chuckle!)
It is my aim that at my funeral, WDW CM's will raise an adult beverage and make a toast to the crazy old fat man with the Saints shirt on and the brim of his hat upturned and remember me for my antics that kept them on their toes and shaking their head! I've said it before...I'd rather end my life with a bunch of "oh wells" instead of a bunch of "what ifs"! :cool1:

Bill, great wrap up to your trip (it's like we are on the same page the last couple of days....I updated mine again today AND updated my PTR! :rotfl2:).
Great minds think alike dear...great minds...

I love your relaxing last day with breakfast (which looks marvelous and I may have to squeeze it in before it closes), going to Epcot for a ride on Soarin' and pool time (although that scary clown pool doesn't look too relaxing...I think Mark and I will hang at the quiet pool instead and if I want a drink, I'll send HIM to the bar to get it :lmao::lmao::lmao:).
The clown pool is not too bad during the day but at night, after a few too many adult beverages :drinking1 I can see someone taking a pool noodle and "tilting" the clown as if they were Don Quixote and the clown was a windmill! (I wonder who I might be talking about with a pool noodle?!?!)

I've never had a desire to go the ESPN Club. I will NOT let my DH watch the Bears while we are on vacation at DW; once we get to Marco it is a different story.
I doubt very seriously our room will be ready on October 5th when we arrive after our cruise so I might not have a choice if I want to watch the Saints-Tampa Bay game that day!

I'll have to tell Mark about the roasted marshmellows...I'm sure he'll want to partake.
That was a really nice, quick, unexpected "happy"!

:yay::yay: for Frozen...love that movie.
I can see why Disney is doing all they can to add features related to this movie. It was one of their best in decades.

Okay, I am just busting a gut over here :lmao: and my husband is wondering what is wrong with me. Your stop at the Gentlemen's Club certainly made up for your lack of bothering the CM's this trip. :lmao::lmao:
I had to do something....that itch needed scratching!

Your plans sound great for October; I just wish we were overlapping. :(
Me too dear lady...me too.

I've really enjoyed seeing all your photos of the boardwalk area. I'm really looking forward to our next trip!

Well, not shocked that I am behind again. I just think everyone should update once a week like me. :rotfl2:
I have to do an update when time and the mood allows! :lmao:

1. Boo to the migraine, but happy that it went away in a few hours with good meds.
We were lucky...it could have been (and has been) much worse!

2. Boo to missing a DIS meet with Kathy.
I agree...that was the most disappointing thing to happen this whole trip

3. Yum to breakfast in France. I need to try that in Feb when I am staying in the Epcot resorts.
It's so convenient and an added bonus is the lack of crowds!

4. Yay for Soarin!
I'm really looking forward to the new Soarin' once the filming is complete.

OK - what else - Oh yeah - Cute picture of Caitlin working. Too bad its so dark! The whole family just moved to Florida today so I am hoping for more DIS meets with Caitlin and her family.
I saw that about the Florida move. I'm hoping when DD gets out of medical school that she does her residency near Orlando. That'll give DW an excuse to want us to move down there!

5. Cool pictures of Coral Reef. I love when there is a diver in the tank. Sorry you didn't love your meal. I hate a great meal there last June. Loved it!
It wasn't bad...it just wasn't WOW!!

What? You're done? You didn't waste anytime, did you?
Only thing slow about me dear is my brain and different body parts as I get older! :sad2:

What a nice relaxing last day. Love the breakfast pics. I love breakfast there! It's so good. I would love to try those waffles.
It's too bad they are closing Kouzzina's. I'm glad we had the chance to eat there before it closed.

The marshmallow roast looks fun.
That was a nice bonus this trip.

Pool time is always fun and I really enjoy the ducks at the quiet pool.
Gotta watch those nude swimmers though! :lmao:

Nice joke on the way home. Way to stir things up! :rotfl:
ME???...stir things up??? Surely you jest! :rolleyes2

Nice plans for October. I'm bummed that we are just missing each other.
We need better coordination, communication and conversation for any future trips!

Have you decided on your Christmas dates for 2015????? Inquiring minds want to know. ::yes::
Speaking of future trips...we're leaning towards 12/06-12/13/15 with a backup of 11/29-12/06/15. What do you think, is that doable for Denny and you?

Gah, I am so behind and now you are done??? Ok, will catch up tonight. Blessed with a work trip and 5 free evenings without major distractions. Other than said work of course.
Well....I did kind of go crazy on the updates....I'll be looking forward to your response whenever you get the opportunity! :thumbsup2

I've really enjoyed seeing all your photos of the boardwalk area. I'm really looking forward to our next trip!
I'm sure you will really enjoy your trip and staying at the BW. In the meantime, we need to have another Mississippi meetup that you can attend!!

I'm sure you will really enjoy your trip and staying at the BW. In the meantime, we need to have another Mississippi meetup that you can attend!!

I sure would love to attend one, but it would probably have to be after our January trip. Our schedule is so packed right now!

June 5:

It was about 2:00pm now and the hottest part of the day. DW was getting tired so we decided to go back to the room and rest a spell. DD and DSiL stayed at EPCOT and walked around the WS and shopped. A short 15 minute walk later and we are in the room. Did I mention before how much I like staying at BWV or BCV?!?!

:thumbsup2

The next two pics are near the International Gateway park entrance. They are testing various plants to see how they like the Florida weather. I’ve always wondered what this area was originally. Anyone know?

I had those same thoughts as I passed by this area earlier in the week. If I remember, I'll ask my friend Teena.

:goodvibes

A view of the Yacht Club/Beach Club resorts

:lovestruc

EPCOT resorts rock!

I timed the trip from the BC lobby to the International Gateway, at a normal walking pace. 5 minutes!

So sorry to hear about your wife's migrane. :headache:

Glad the recovery was on the quicker side this time.

Mmmmm- breakfast at Boulangerie looks great. The picture of France is gorgeous!

If you are going to miss a FP, Journey into Imagination is the one. Really, FP? I figured they were paying people to ride that one by now.

Thanks for the info on new Soarin' films. Do you know when they are planning on debuting the DL one? It was the same old-same old in July.

Love Sunshine Seasons!!! Rating??? Had lunch there on Monday.

I had a FP for The Seas so I could visit Princess Caitlin, but since she was in MI this week, I changed it.

Brave DW on M:S and TT.

Been a few years since we have dined at Coral Reef. We always enjoy the food but find the seating time/service is too slow. Too much park time missed.

:thumbsup2

It's time to put this puppy to bed...

Friday – June 6, 2014

"I'll have what she's having!"

That is exactly what I had on Tuesday morning- the poached egg, artichoke spread, sweet potato hash and the coffee drink.

I actually split this, and some fresh berries with a friend and it was plenty.

And delicious!

I didn't know about the new flavors at Club Cool. Cool!

Is that a Pina Colava at the pool? YUM!

Cute Boardwalk pictures.

Didn't know about the Marshmallow Roast at BW. What time was that?

What's that movie? :cold:

June 7: Funny detour!

Great report! I love your humor, all of the detail and the pictures, even if there were fewer this time around.

:goodvibes

Great plans for your upcoming trip and future vacation plans.

When I saw your dates, I thought- wow, you are just missing being able to dine at Kouzzina again, but then I read the dining line-up you have on tap.

Fabulous!

I'll be interested in hearing your opinions on the cruise and also a review of the spa at the Yacht & Beach. People ask about that frequently, but I have not done that.

Nice Fast Passes!

Sounds like a spectacular trip.

:cool1:

Maybe Keith will like it since they have the wood fired ovens like they do at Via Napoli plus, if you get him over to the Boardwalk, maybe he'll start thinking about DVC? Devious, aren't I? :cool1:

You are no more devious than I am!! :thumbsup2

Great TR as usual!! Glad to see you kept yourself in line this time! :rotfl: Hopefully the next TR I can follow along as its being written! Won't be long and your plans look pretty great!

Time for another update!!

Thursday – June 5, 2014

Sorry to hear the dismeet had to be scrapped...but even more sad to hear the reason. :sad2: Your poor wife. That does not sound like a lot of fun. It does sound like you were forced to take the morning in a more relaxed fashion. So I guess that would be the upside to it, yes?

If you haven’t tried Boulangerie for breakfast, lunch, snacks or their many dessert choices, you really should try it. The most expensive thing on the menu is their macaroon collection at $10.33 and most items are $3 to $7. I would give this a solid

B+ or maybe even an A-

I have been to WDW twice now since the refurb and have yet to actually get something there myself. I think I will definitely be looking at it in October!

I’m sure other park guests were wondering if we were going to camp out at our table all day long but we were taking it very slow and easy to avoid any migraine flare ups. It is now around 11:00 and we have already missed our 1st FP+ at Journey into Imagination. We have our 2nd FP+ at Soarin’ at 10:55am. DW proclaims she is doing better so we take a leisurely walk in that direction. A few pics along the way

What lovely pictures you got! Again.. taking it leisurely makes for a pretty nice morning in my book. :goodvibes
Side note here…

A new version of Soarin’ for Disneyland was filmed in March, 2014 and there is a rumor that a new film for EPCOT Soarin’ is in the process with scenes from around the world instead of just California like the current film. In addition, there is some construction work behind EPCOT Soarin’ that is rumored to be a 3rd theater that will allow more passengers with less wait times. Supposedly, this will all come to fruition sometime next year. I sure hope so!

OH! I so hope this happens!!

Another side note - As most of you know, if you purchase Memory Maker (previously called Photo Pass) and have a My Disney Experience account and Magic Bands, your ride photos will automatically link to your account and you do not have to stop at the video queue after each ride. Previously you had to let the CM scan your PhotoPass card to insure your ride photo was saved to your online account. During this trip in June, a new feature with the Magic Bands began that automatically posts any ride photo to your Memory Maker account. You must have it all linked on the MDE website to make this happen. As a precaution, I wrote down the photo number for each ride photo in case there was a glitch in this new system. You could also take a redneck photo of the post ride video screen with your cellphone that shows the photo number as well. I’m glad we did because one ride photo was missing. I contacted Memory Maker online, gave them the ride photo number, the date, the ride, the approximate time and what we were wearing and within a day or two, the pic was added to our account online.

Do you have to scan your band? We had MM in January. I know we got a lot of ride photos. It was new then though...seems like we had to scan the band.

In a related matter, a rumor has been confirmed that starting August 12, 2014, the Tower of Terror will have on-ride videos available. Here are the details…

That is VERY cool! Of course... I still wonder. :scratchin it just "knows" you are on the ride?
DW is almost 100% restored by now and anxious to resume all activity. Our next FP+ is at 12:40pm at Mission Space! I tried to talk her into not doing this but that woman is stubborn!! Now you know where our children get it from! (Not me!!) I at least talked her into doing the green side instead of the orange side. DD and DSiL went on the orange side. We all survived!

So glad she was feeling better!

Now DW is feeling real froggy and decides she wants to ride Test Track! Sighhhh. I told you she was stubborn. I decided to sit this one out because my back was acting up and I didn’t want to risk it getting bad and since the ride is 3 across, it worked out okay.

Great pic! Looks like they had fun :thumbsup2

Since we were nearby, I decided to go on a ride I haven’t been on in a while because a certain DISboard member was now in the Disney College Program and was working at this ride.

Isn't it fun to see a cm that you know/recognize? My son's fiance's best friend was working down at Kali when I was able to happen upon her. Luckily she had a moment for a picture.

What a lovely walk back to the BW you had. :goodvibes

Our dining reservation tonight is at 6:05pm for Coral Reef. This is our first time to eat here. I wasn’t sure about eating here since DSiL is not much of a seafood lover. We arrived about 10 minutes early and still had a 40 minute wait to be seated. That is probably the longest we have ever had to wait when having reservations at WDW. I don’t know if they overbooked, were understaffed or what but there were some upset people in the waiting area.

That is a very long wait!

As you can see, we didn’t get a dessert here. There were only 5 options (mousse, flan, chiffon cake, gelato and key lime pie)

Oh no. What happened to their signature "chocolate wave" cake? (I guess others have asked too)

Friday – June 6, 2014

Today is a do nothing day. The only plan we have is breakfast at Kouzzina. This ADR was added after our extra night waitlist came through. With Kouzzina closing in September, we wanted to try both the dinner and the breakfast as we have heard great reviews about both.

:sad: Why does it have to close???

In order of appearance, we had 1) spinach, tomato and feta scrambled eggs with breakfast potatoes and bacon, 2) golden waffle with whipped mascarpone cheese, honey and chopped pecans with bacon, 3) stacked Kouzzina breakfast with two poached eggs, Kalamata olive toast, artichoke spread and sweet potato hash with bacon and 4) breakfast skillet with eggs, pequillo peppers, Nueske’s bacon, onions, potatoes, Greek cheese and topped with arugula.

All of these are such great choices there!!!

OMG, I’m salivating and feeling stuffed just looking at the pictures while remembering this breakfast!

Me too!

A+

It was that good. IMO, it is the best breakfast we have had at WDW…better than the Wave at the Contemporary and better than Olivia’s at OKW. We don’t normally eat so much for breakfast and there are a few other places we haven’t tried but in our experience, breakfast at Kouzzina is #1! And naturally, they are closing it…sighhhhh. :sad2:

I agree it is the best breakfast! I am so sad that they are closing right before we arrive.

Thailand, South Africa and Zimbabwe were our favorites. I took a SMALL sip of Beverly to see if it was as I remembered and it had not changed at all…YUCK!!!!

I have never found it to be that gross. Last year though someone pointed out to me that it tastes like bubble gum. Now I can't "not" taste gum when I taste it. Still can't taste the apparent bitter that everyone else seems to complain about though. :rolleyes:

This couple in front of us were about our age and were from Tennessee. They were from a town about an hour away from where DS1 and DDiL live. One thing led to another and they asked where we were staying and we told them BWV. They said they thought about staying there but the prices were too high and we told them we were DVC members so we didn’t pay the cash price. They were somewhat familiar with DVC but the entire conversation then became us explaining how DVC works. Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE helping people understand DVC and will carry on a conversation for hours if someone is truly interested. They were definitely interested but we were strapping our seat belts on in the theater and the wife was still asking questions! She was even asking questions when the ride began and a CM cleared his throat as a signal to hush! LOL

Wow! I hope she got the answers she needed. I can kinda understand though. It is very confusing in a lot of ways. I think I must have bombarded eandesmom non stop while we were in the process of purchasing our first contract.:rolleyes1

We enjoyed the ride as we always do and when it was over, she started asking questions again! I wouldn’t have minded at all talking to them but she couldn’t get her seat belt undone and the crowd kind of swept us away. We hesitated as we were leaving to see if we could find them and go somewhere to answer any more questions but they were nowhere to be found. I don’t know if she’s still trapped on the ride or what but if she is reading this TR, email me and I’ll answer any other questions I can!

:rotfl: Some how the image of this poor woman trapped on the ride waiting for answers you never gave just made me giggle.

DW and I headed back to the room to change because we were going to spend a few hours here

We found a couple of chairs in the shade and then walked over here

For this

It was fairly quiet. No rushing. No park commando jaunts. No FP+ to get to. No ADR to make. No long lines. I was going crazy!! :eek:

This looks like a nice relaxing time. I will be attempting to make friends with the clown slide in October. I am not sure how well it will go. :rolleyes:

Well sorta…I am trying to learn to chillax (chill out and relax) on vacation which is something I have never done. When I go somewhere there are things to do, places to go and people to see. DW loves to go to our Company condo in Destin, FL and lay on the beach for hours on end. I can last about 45 minutes

And this would be why. I too am usually a "must go" sort of person. DH would be like your wife... able to spend the better part of a day on the beach just lounging. I am not even sure I last 45 minutes. :sad2:

The creepy clown slide and the CMs playing games with the kids were enough to keep me occupied for a few hours before DW took pity on me and said let’s go back to the room.

And... if I can get past the creepiness of the clown I can see how it will help to keep me occupied. It looks like a fun enough slide. :goodvibes

After we finished, DW and DD had to stop in the photo booth there on the Boardwalk. DW and DD would kill me if they knew I posted these so naturally

What fun pictures! I think they totally needed to be posted! :thumbsup2
Again, we parted ways with DD and DSiL going back to EPCOT for more shopping or whatever they did. DW and I were walking around the BW resort and noticed a sign that said there was a marshmallow roast at the BW Community Hall. Well now, I’m always up for a burnt marshmallow! As you can see from the pics, everyone else was there with their children. I guess you could say DW was there with her “child” since I’m young at heart!

We have never been able to make it to one of these. Looks like you had fun!

We then walked next door to the quiet pool and tried not to disturb a couple of swimmers with no clothes on!

I love disney ducks! They look so peaceful taking a swim in the pool there.

The sun has set and we head back to the main BW pool. It looks even more creepy at night.

It really does! :scared1:

Saturday – June 7, 2014

This was our travel day. We have 610 miles to go to get back home. I made a promise to take less pictures this trip and I did just that. I took 904 pictures this trip and posted to this TR only 340 compared to my last two TRs where I posted an average of 532 pictures. I also promised not to harass any CMs and I fulfilled that promise. For that, I got a nice goodbye from a few folks you might recognize

It was really difficult on this trip to not pick at any CM (you say harass, I say pick at, have fun with…tomato…tomahto) so to satisfy the burning desire I have that is part of my DNA, I hatched a plan to scratch my itch.

For those of you that drive to WDW, you are familiar with a certain “gentlemen’s club” that has billboards along I-75 between Gainesville and Ocala. These signs advertise this place with the phrase “We Bare All” and have a silhouette of a very shapely young woman. As we are driving along I-75, I pull off the interstate into their parking lot

DD is asleep already. DW looks at me and says, “What the hell are you doing?” I look in the rearview mirrow and DSiL’s eyes are as big as saucers! :scared1:

I told DW that I was tired and needed a pick-me-up to keep me awake so I thought we’d go in for a while. After a few eye-rolls and head shakes, she said, “Get back on the interstate!” with that voice that I’ve heard so many times before where I know there is no discussion, the decision is final, DONE!

It was worth it for DW’s reaction and especially the look on DSiL’s face. Too bad DD wasn’t awake to participate and enjoy my bit of jocularity. I can only imagine what DSiL told her when they got home.

And with that, I was able to squelch my ingrained appetite to hassle, heckle, tease, “poke the bear” and yes, harass without involving a Disney CM. :rotfl2:

Here endeth this TR.

Oh my gosh! You are just too much! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter