Floridian peoples interested in camping at somewhere other than the Fort on a holiday

AuburnJen92

DIS Veteran
I am calling tomorrow to make reservations at Jetty Park for Memorial Day to see how the park is and to try to save money this year. I love Fort Wilderness, but I need to save some money with not having my coaching money this summer and medical bills from last year, so we are going to try some state parks. I just can't afford over $100 a night at the Fort on holiday weekends. I would love to meet up with some DIS Florida people if you would like to go. According to the website, it is $37 a night plus a $2 reservation fee.

http://www.portcanaveral.org/recreation/beaches.php#fees

(Thanks Pete for the web info, I have been working on my website)

I know that I have talked to some of you on chat already about this, so I promised I would get the information together.

I spoke to you when I met you over Halloween weekend (it was q quick hi) I would be interested. We usually go to Crystal River but again for the weekend it will run $300 - 400. Do you know if there is a place to put a 26ft deck boat in for the weekend, we could try and bring it. We have put it in the water with the MH but I would perfer not to, so if someone was coming with a truck they could put it in, we can fit about 13 people on it.

I wouldn't put your motorhome in the water, they don't float so well. Where do you camp at Crystal River?

If we go swimming in the ocean, will sharks bite us?

That's what I am afraid of, I have a vision of putting the boat in the water with the MH and both floating down the river. We have done it but I am not happy, my DH says there is nothing to worry about!!
We go to Crystal Isles, we had our MH there all last summer, We love the river, but the CG only has 37 sites with boat docks, so if you don't have a dock you have to pull the boat out every time you come in, there is no room to leave it in the water even for 1 hr.
Last year the asst manager let us rent one of the CG docks for the time we were there, but she is no longer there.

that looks like a nice campground, we may have to check it out....

You can borrow my truck, however I suck at driving it.

No problem we will drive it for u, just can't get to upset if it goes in the water with the boat.

Before Jen posted this I was also looking at Jetty Park. I know it's a good central location but wondered if anybody was interested in this as well.

www.musicliveshere.com

I've gone to this place quite a few times. It's cart friendly. gas and electric but the gas ones can't go over 15 I think it is. We had about 30 adults/kids on 4 sites. One site had tents only. It's located near the I-75/I-10 intersection. I'm not trying to change things up, just wanted to put another option on the board.

The park is the same size as the fort and is on the Suwannee River. You can canoe, kayak and ride carts. Jen, I'll tow you lol. There's a few hills that slow the carts down and you will have a hard time on them.

Before Jen posted this I was also looking at Jetty Park. I know it's a good central location but wondered if anybody was interested in this as well.

www.musicliveshere.com

I've gone to this place quite a few times. It's cart friendly. gas and electric but the gas ones can't go over 15 I think it is. We had about 30 adults/kids on 4 sites. One site had tents only. It's located near the I-75/I-10 intersection. I'm not trying to change things up, just wanted to put another option on the board.

The park is the same size as the fort and is on the Suwannee River. You can canoe, kayak and ride carts. Jen, I'll tow you lol. There's a few hills that slow the carts down and you will have a hard time on them.

Hopefully if my website picks up, I can rewire the thing...

I am going to call and see what they have available at Jetty Park tomorrow...if they are full, I am all for going up there...hell, it is halfway to Auburn and my nephew!

I'd be up for this park on another weekend as well.

I'm a New York peoples and I think I'll be at ADK with my daughter,her husband and her 6 week (at that time) baby and 3 dogs and maybe my son and his GF and probably my wife because her grand baby will be there. I can hardly wait. :cheer2:

I'm a New York peoples and I think I'll be at ADK with my daughter,her husband and her 6 week (at that time) baby and 3 dogs and maybe my son and his GF and probably my wife because her grand baby will be there. I can hardly wait. :cheer2:

I be poor Florida peoples...hence the reason for this thread!::yes::

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, no carts at Jetty Park. That stinks. I don't see any trees either for shade. I love all you guys but I may be at Spirit of the Suwannee MDW. This place is pretty close to the fort except there's not a theme park across the lake. Let me know what ya'll decide.

We would be interested in either one. If we go to the one that Donnie is sugesting I would probably take a extra day off of work, if I can get it. They are talking about cutting back and that might mean cutting out vacation days. I guess that is better than a pay cut. Just keep posting and let us know what u all are doing

i hope there's shade at this place, i dunno if i want to sit in an aluminum box in the hot sun.

I'm all for saving money but it has to be worth it. For $150.00 more I think I would rather stay at the Fort then Jetty Park. No-Seeums don't really turn me on either but I will consider it if anyone has any pictures that do the campground justice. I also don't do water...beached whales are not a pretty site. I will also require a site with sewer and there are not that many. I don't really like dumping on the way out after I am ready to roll.

I have stayed at the Music River park and it was fair but that was 15 years ago. They may have improved on it since then. They don't really have any pics either but it sounds nice and from the videos it looks okay. Also, it looks like there are also trails we can ride the carts on. They also have Sasquatch. Maybe I can go huntin'! Then again, by the time you pay the cart fees and crap here you are not talking about bankruptcy between this park either and the Fort but it is different and may be fun. Basically, it will have to be worth it for me to cancel my Fort ressies. I love you guys....but not that much.:thumbsup2

I'm all for saving money but it has to be worth it. For $150.00 more I think I would rather stay at the Fort then Jetty Park. No-Seeums don't really turn me on either but I will consider it if anyone has any pictures that do the campground justice. I also don't do water...beached whales are not a pretty site. I will also require a site with sewer and there are not that many. I don't really like dumping on the way out after I am ready to roll.

I have stayed at the Music River park and it was fair but that was 15 years ago. They may have improved on it since then. They don't really have any pics either but it sounds nice and from the videos it looks okay. Also, it looks like there are also trails we can ride the carts on. They also have Sasquatch. Maybe I can go huntin'! Then again, by the time you pay the cart fees and crap here you are not talking about bankruptcy between this park either and the Fort but it is different and may be fun. Basically, it will have to be worth it for me to cancel my Fort ressies. I love you guys....but not that much.:thumbsup2

I'm calling the SOS today Steve to ask them about the cart fee. I'm going to let them know that we'll have a few carts and quite a few people. The group I go with will have lot's of kids if that is of interest. If Steve and Renee were to come they might want to have a spot a little bit away. There are lot's of trails for the carts. We cruised around a lot last year on a friends gasser. I'm trying to get Tungpo1 to come as well. If this doesn't work the fort might be just as good. I don't want to step on any toes with Jen and change the original plan. SOS is a long way for Jen and Chris to come and kinda 6 in one hand 1/2 dozen in the other for the rest of us. Let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter