Floridian peoples interested in camping at somewhere other than the Fort on a holiday

Donnie, we are going on the 4th. I have read back a few pages and am now caught up I think. I will call this morning. Sounds great. Thank you!

The number we have now is for Memorial Day. If you want to join our 4th GG you'll need to wait til we get a number. I expect to have all that in the next 2 weeks.

Sigh...thanks to call rotation, we're out.:sad1:
Donnie, how hard is it to get the grand gatherings thing together? Any specific timing type rules? Wanna point me in the right direction so I don't bug you with 20 more questions? ~grin~

I just thought maybe those of us who are going the beginning of December (I think our reservations start after Thanksgiving and go for 3 weeks) could get some kind of a GG rate too? Do you think this would be do-able or are there only certain times of the year it's available?

Just wanted to let everyone know, what's going on for Memorial Day and possibly 4th of July is a Group Reservation, not a Grand Gathering.

For a Group Reservation, you need a minimum of 10 Sites/Rooms (not people) over a set period of time (although folks can book before and after) and folks can book for a portion of the dates if you have more than 10 Sites/Rooms. This is handled by a completely different division of Disney Reservations and someone actually has to sign a contract. With a group reservation, everyone has the same type of site, and you are generally guaranteed to be in the same loop. There is generally a pretty good discount associated with booking a Group Reservation, you can also get discounted Disney Tickets with a Group Reservation.

For Grand Gatherings, you just need 8 people. You call the Grand Gatherings line at the regular Disney Reservations Center. There usually is a core set of dates for Grand Gatherings, but no one is restricted to those dates and you are also not restricted to level of campsite or even resort. They try to place folks in a Grand Gathering close together when possible, but not really hard. The only real benefit to a Grand Gathering is that it allows you to book some group events not available to individual families. There are not hardly any special discounts with Grand Gatherings, and each individual reservation can secure whatever discounts they qualify for.

Hope that splains things!!!!

Gotcha!
So what I really want to check out is a group reservation, not a grand gathering. So in order to get a group reservation discount around Christmas:

I would need 9 other campers who want to go around the same time I do and who want to stay in a full hook up, pet loop site. We go in the "off season" part of December-after Thanksgiving but before the Christmas rush, would there even be that much difference in price?

If ya'll did not have the special rate for MDW, what would it normally cost? I guess what I'm asking the regulars here is: Is it enough of a discount to make it worth it and do enough people go camping in this time frame to make it do-able?

Just wanted to let everyone know, what's going on for Memorial Day and possibly 4th of July is a Group Reservation, not a Grand Gathering.

For a Group Reservation, you need a minimum of 10 Sites/Rooms (not people) over a set period of time (although folks can book before and after) and folks can book for a portion of the dates if you have more than 10 Sites/Rooms. This is handled by a completely different division of Disney Reservations and someone actually has to sign a contract. With a group reservation, everyone has the same type of site, and you are generally guaranteed to be in the same loop. There is generally a pretty good discount associated with booking a Group Reservation, you can also get discounted Disney Tickets with a Group Reservation.

Hope that splains things!!!!

I signed the contract for this one. You mean to tell me I'm responsible for the group we have. OMG, this is the big one Elizabeth.:rotfl2:

Here is what I was told when I called group sales before they had our MDW group in the system....

I asked if I should make a regular ressie thru CRO & convert it later to a Group ressie. The answer.....

NO!!!

Why???

I was told that they could not easily roll over the CRO ressie & you may end up losing your deposit from the CRO ressie if they try to bring it over to the group sales system.

The best thing to do if you wish to go at a time we have no group rate for - and you're willing to pay full rate is,,,,, set up your ressie thru CRO 1st. Once we have a group contract, call & make a new ressie for that. Then call CRO & cancel your original ressie.

Here is what I was told when I called group sales before they had our MDW group in the system....

I asked if I should make a regular ressie thru CRO & convert it later to a Group ressie. The answer.....

NO!!!

Why???

I was told that they could not easily roll over the CRO ressie & you may end up losing your deposit from the CRO ressie if they try to bring it over to the group sales system.

The best thing to do if you wish to go at a time we have no group rate for - and you're willing to pay full rate is,,,,, set up your ressie thru CRO 1st. Once we have a group contract, call & make a new ressie for that. Then call CRO & cancel your original ressie.

That is what I am doing but I have not canceled my regular ressie yet. I received my confirmation on the May ressie but it was blank with no dates, no deposit amount etc...I now need to call and make sure I have a Group ressie in May. I ain't canceling my other ressie until the last minute.

That is what I am doing but I have not canceled my regular ressie yet. I received my confirmation on the May ressie but it was blank with no dates, no deposit amount etc...I now need to call and make sure I have a Group ressie in May. I ain't canceling my other ressie until the last minute.

You got a confirmation already?? How??

I am interested in the 4th of July and Halloween! I have ressies for both but I could just cancel those and get the group sites. Can we have pet loops?

I am interested in the 4th of July and Halloween! I have ressies for both but I could just cancel those and get the group sites. Can we have pet loops?

No problemo. I will get with Dina this week about the 4th. I will probably let somebody else take care of the Halloween GG since we most likely won't go. I would love to, but we're doing the MDW GG, 4th of July GG and we go Thanksgiving. Halloween will just be too much. Unless the economy takes a big turn around we're probably going to tune down to 4th of July and Thanksgiving after this year. A lot of plants I test for won't make it another year if things don't turn around. You can only stack so much drywall, lumber and building materials for so long. One of my clients, Lyondell Chemical recently filed Chapter 11. I'm sure they'll come back but when?

GHOSTBUSTERS LOL

407-938-4868
G0542076 GG #

OK! We're in for Memorial Weekend. I'll try & book tomorrow using the above. Do you know if we have more than 10 booked already so we can just do partial? i.e., stay 5/23-5/24 versus 5/22-5/25 as we're not sure we can make it Friday. Thanks for giving us this chance to participate in the group reservation. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter