Floridian peoples interested in camping at somewhere other than the Fort on a holiday

No problemo. I will get with Dina this week about the 4th. I will probably let somebody else take care of the Halloween GG since we most likely won't go. I would love to, but we're doing the MDW GG, 4th of July GG and we go Thanksgiving. Halloween will just be too much. Unless the economy takes a big turn around we're probably going to tune down to 4th of July and Thanksgiving after this year. A lot of plants I test for won't make it another year if things don't turn around. You can only stack so much drywall, lumber and building materials for so long. One of my clients, Lyondell Chemical recently filed Chapter 11. I'm sure they'll come back but when?

We only had planned on camping for spring break & 4th of July this year (trying to penny pinch) but at $63/night we're in for MDW too! My spouse works for a construction dependent company (brick/building supplier) & we've been fearful of the dreaded layoff but so far have been lucky. Even my occupation as a nurse isn't safe.

OK! We're in for Memorial Weekend. I'll try & book tomorrow using the above. Do you know if we have more than 10 booked already so we can just do partial? i.e., stay 5/23-5/24 versus 5/22-5/25 as we're not sure we can make it Friday. Thanks for giving us this chance to participate in the group reservation. :)

Donnie,
Wanted to make sure you stiill have room for us in the MDW GG before I call & reserve (don't want to take someone else's site LOL).

Donnie,
Wanted to make sure you stiill have room for us in the MDW GG before I call & reserve (don't want to take someone else's site LOL).

Nope, go right ahead. I think we still need 1 more. Who was it that was going to tent camp? The offer is still there.

Nope, go right ahead. I think we still need 1 more. Who was it that was going to tent camp? The offer is still there.

Awesome will call in the AM. My sister & her boys have tent camped with us at the Fort a time or two, so I'll let her know about the last opening for the Memorial Day Weekend. Thanks again.

Is there any other way to live?:rotfl:

PS- Carol, they gave me a conf # on the GR. Did they not give you one?

Yep, they gave me a confirmation #, but it sounded like Steve had an email or something. I NEVER seem to get confirmation emails.

Yep, they gave me a confirmation #, but it sounded like Steve had an email or something. I NEVER seem to get confirmation emails.

They told me I was getting one, but none yet. I am not losing that number. (repeat to myself 100 more times);)

Okay DH and I are thinking about throwing our names in the pot for July 4th weekend at FW with ya'll. But, it will depend on how much money we will have for that as we will be vacationing for my birthday at the end of April and the end of May. The other major concern I have is with my kids. We have never been anywhere on July 4th because my kids are very sensitive to the fireworks. Usually we stay howm and turn up the sound system as loud as we can handle it. I've never been to the fort during this time, so tell me...would I have a problem with the campers around me shooting off fireworks and stuff? They are okay with the Disney fireworks at MK in the 800 loop that we stay in.

I've never seen anyone light off fireworks off in the fort.

They asked me if I wanted a confirmation by e-mail. It has been fixed now. New e-mail confirmation is all good.:thumbsup2

Got my MDW reservation this morning & confirmation email this afternoon. Woohoo! Love the rate!

Think we're in for 4th of July too! We have a ressie already but it's $90/night after tax ($22 more than the group rate will be). Oh yeah, we were able to just do two nights over MDW without any problem on the group reservation. Probably do the same in July.

I added myself to the group reservation for MDW. Hope that's okay and you don't mind a tent crashing the party. lol. The rate is the same as a partial would have been. Plus, when I tried to make a reservation online, it shows that nothing was available for a partial. :confused3

I can't wait! My kids are going to be excited!! And I look forward to meeting you guys! :yay:

Everyone still planning on going?

I called this morning to see if I could change my reservation to check in on 5/21 instead of 5/22. They said they had the availability and added it for me.

They must not be very busy because I was also able to reserve a golf cart for the weekend.

Our plans are still on!!

Oh, I found out something interesting. I modified our reservations for both Memorial Day and October to add an extra night at the end.

IF you call the phone # that is on your confirmation sheet to make changes, choose the option for All-Stars!!! Dialing 0 for other resorts as the instructions indicate causes all kinds of confusion. OR better yet, to make any changes to any group reservation, just call the number you used to make the original reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter