For the 1st time in forever, I don't own a diesel pickup

Me thinks Ed knows too much.........notice how he gives an over simplistic explanation of what happaned, followed by his concise example of something else to throw us off track. He plays the victim card with such vividness to make us think he could never have done it. He then follows that up with another simplistic explanation of how he could never have done it because he likes it here with a emojie to put us at ease and that he is one of us.
Where is perry mason when we need him?

Me thinks Ed knows too much.........notice how he gives an over simplistic explanation of what happaned, followed by his concise example of something else to throw us off track. He plays the victim card with such vividness to make us think he could never have done it. He then follows that up with another simplistic explanation of how he could never have done it because he likes it here with a emojie to put us at ease and that he is one of us.
Where is perry mason when we need him?

Why, he works for me on retainer, of course, Assistant Chief. 👨‍🚒

We did not weight empty, but will run it across a scale now that we are full. I want to get a wheel position weighing done the next time they are close to here or we can get to Florida.

The motor Home is fabulous!! I wondered why I could not get on the other night. I thought it was down for repairs.

I go dark for a few weeks. Don't pay attention to the camping forum. Teamubr sells his 5er and F350. Then buys a Class A. So... So... Confused... Good luck with the new rig.
PaHunter sold the Volvo and bought one too.

Figured you would show up with a Tiffen. Come on Al...

PaHunter sold the Volvo and bought one too.

Figured you would show up with a Tiffen. Come on Al...

Wait! What? The Volvo is gone? What in the world is going on out there? Did a comet tail possess the earth? LOL

Nope the trailer is still with us. Truck is still with us. No plans on moving along. We like our trailer and set up. As a matter of fact we went seasonal this year to try something different. We still have plans for this year.

One of the ladies at work said her partner just bought a Class C motorhome. She has been asking me all kinds of questions about RVing for both of them. She said he will not stop talking about the RV and has gone on to a buying shopping spree for items to get once they pick it up. They are an older couple who both are semi retired. He just sold a property which is paying for the RV and the trip. Seems to be a nice guy I met him at the office a couple of times when he drops her off on occasion. They are looking to do a road trip next summer and local this year. It is something both of them want to do.

I wanted to show you that I practice what I preach about weighing your rigs. On the way home from picking up the coach, I stopped by Flying-J to get an empty weight.

The GVWR is 32,400 lbs. 12,400 on the front axle and 20,000 on the rear. Here is the "empty" weight. We had a full tank of fuel (100 gallons) and 3/4 propane (38 gallon tank) but everything else was empty, including the water heater. Both weights included DW and me.

View attachment 566946

Heavier than I thought it would be, but still room for "stuff".

I put everything I had in the old 5er into this PLUS things I didn't have room for in the old rig (beach stuff, Mickey Lamp, extra chairs). This slip was fully loaded, de-winterized, so water in the lines, water heater (16 gallons) and the equivalent of a full fuel tank. (3/4 fuel, 1/4 fresh water- both 100 gallons). The black and grey were empty, but we have food and clothes for the weekend with us.

View attachment 566949

A little less than I was expecting. Even adding in 800 lbs of fuel/water, it still leaves capacity for the trailer tongue weight, another passenger or so and a little more "stuff".

j

Yup, also learned my lesson about weight on our last trip. It's something a lot of folks don't realize is important to check, especially on towables. Re-adjusting weight and the weight distribution hitch can make a HUGE difference in how your rig and tow vehicle handle.

Just a tid-bit of info for everyone, you can download the "Weigh My Truck" app from CAT Scales. Set it up (add payment, etc) ahead of your first visit and then when you pull up to the scale, it uses GPS to identify where you are, you enter the scale # off the sign to verify it is correct, then enter a truck and trailer # (I just made up numbers), and hit weigh. It connects to the scale, they verify it, and it displays your weights and also emails it to you. Keeps you from having to go inside or talk to anyone.

I plan to weigh now that we have the RV pretty well setup and moved things around that we wanted/needed the most.

Just a tid-bit of info for everyone, you can download the "Weigh My Truck" app from CAT Scales. Keeps you from having to go inside or talk to anyone.
I saw the signs on the scale but didn't pull the details. Pretty neat option if you weigh a lot.

j

thanks for the info @Bishoparc i like that process. i was wondering how you do it. maybe i will have weights for Pigeon Forge.

There are several on your way up there. Here's the link to the map - Clickable Map – CAT Scale

@Teamubr can you advise where you put your wheels in the markers for the class A? For a towable, your front axle goes in the first box which is marked by yellow lines on the ground and closest to the box where you would press a button to speak to the weighmaster, your drive axle goes in the middle box, and then the trailer tires go anywhere in the last box.

The first weigh is $12.50 and if you weigh again within I believe it's 24 hours it's only $3, which we did when we re-arranged the load overnight.

Also, here's a great video on weights - (26) PAYLOAD PROBLEMS: HOW MUCH CAN I (REALLY) TOW? RV Truck & Trailer - YouTube

Sorry @Teamubr, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

I go dark for a few weeks. Don't pay attention to the camping forum. Teamubr sells his 5er and F350. Then buys a Class A. So... So... Confused... Good luck with the new rig.
Thanks!

It wasn't spur of the moment, but things did fall into place quick once DW warmed up to it. I think we really got a great rig. Yesterday we had the opportunity to get in the MH that DW first said she would consider over our 5er. It was a Thor Aria 3901. After getting in that one and ours right after each other, we both agreed we like the Discovery much better.

j

I figured I should pack the bearings on the car trailer I just bought. The tires spin ok, but that is with no weight on them.

The first one went well and everything was in great shape. The second one decided to put up a fight. Have to run to the auto parts store and have the conversation that I don't know what kind of trailer it is. It doesn't have power steering and I don't care if your computer shows 2 different bearings if it has A/C or not. :worship:

20210416_170320_copy_1134x2016.jpg

For those that haven't packed bearings before, both of theses should be nice and round. :)

j

I figured I should pack the bearings on the car trailer I just bought. The tires spin ok, but that is with no weight on them.

The first one went well and everything was in great shape. The second one decided to put up a fight. Have to run to the auto parts store and have the conversation that I don't know what kind of trailer it is. It doesn't have power steering and I don't care if your computer shows 2 different bearings if it has A/C or not. :worship:

View attachment 568824

For those that haven't packed bearings before, both of theses should be nice and round. :)

j
Come on Jim, don't be so dramatic. That bearing has plenty of life left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter