For the 1st time in forever, I don't own a diesel pickup

Yesterday was beach time and then a little grocery shopping. We smartly went to the Walmart in Orange Beach. Crowds weren't too bad for a Sunday.

After that was anniversary dinner at Mikado, a Japanese hibachi place. The chef was fun and played into our anniversary.

20210801_165502_copy_2304x1296.jpg

20210801_170041_copy_1296x2304.jpg

After dinner we drove around looking for Ian's favorite southern soda, Grapico. Everywhere was a bust.

We stopped by the pier to see the ocean. The pier looks a little sad with the damage from Sally still very apparent.

20210731_192509_copy_2016x1134.jpg

Patrick was sitting out when we got back. I spent the rest of the evening until about midnight talking to him.

Today is more beach time. We parked at the new parking spots at the light for the campground entrance. Since there are only 5 or 6 parking spaces, this part of the beach stays fairly deserted.

20210802_102527_copy_2016x1134.jpg20210802_102521_copy_2016x1134.jpg

Going out on a private sunset sail tonight. Our anniversary gift to each other. It is a smallish sail boat that you can charter the whole thing for just yourself (up to 6). I'll post some more pics of that tonight and might even have a DIS board surprise.

j

Tonight's plans for a sunset cruise were spoiled by some storms that were moving in. We moved the sail to Friday when the forecast is much better.

All was not spoiled though. We had some local DIS friends come by and we decided to indoctrinate everyone into the FloraBama Lounge.

Our very own Arc (Bishoparc) and Josie came by. They had never been to the world reknown bar.

Good times for all of us.

20210802_183207_copy_1824x1368.jpg

j

Today was forecast to be rainy and it lived up to it.

We decided to go out to Fort Morgan and then take the ferry over to Dauphin Island.

Our friend that is with us is a history buff and has never been to Fort Morgan. I knew she would enjoy it. There were areas opened up that haven't been in the many other times I have been there. Still fascinating history of the country's early struggles and the importance of the coastal forts.
20210803_130904_copy_2016x1134.jpg

Next we took the ferry over. The weather looked threatening off and on all day, but the cruise across the bay was dry and uneventful.

20210803_144154_copy_2304x1296.jpg

We did a little shopping and decided we would get some lunch/dinner at Nick's wife's family restaurant, the Lighthouse in Bayou Le Batre. Food was good, but we didn't see Nick.

20210803_162241_copy_2304x1296.jpg

By the time we ate, it was getting close to the last ferry going back to Fort Morgan so we decided to drive around and return through Mobile. It had been a long time since I was in down town Mobile. We cut off the interstate and traveled through the little towns of Daphne and Fairhope. Both have some great old architecture and some nice areas along the bay.

We made it home around 9pm, after stopping for some ice cream. Patrick was out so I stopped by to chat for a while.

Tomorrow will be a beach day. Plan on getting out around 8 or 9. We'll see after that. No specific plans and the weather is supposed to be much better than today.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter