For the 1st time in forever, I don't own a diesel pickup

Whoa. What did the spindles look like?
Spindles and races all looked good. The seal on this one was jammed in and I had to hit it that hard to get the seal and bearing out. There was one like it on the other side. Good thing I bought new bearings and seals after the first one. Trailer is all fixed up and ready to roll now. I'm going to load up the Explorer behind the coach tomorrow and take it for a little test drive. I'm not sure how it will go trying to back up with the trailer on the coach. I did move it around a bit in the driveway, but that isn't the same as trying to back into a camp site.

20210417_130522_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

Out for a Sunday stroll. Beautiful day, although a little cold. Explorer fits great and towed like it wasn't there. I went up to the University in town and backed into several spots on both sides. It is incredibly easy to back in and put it right where you want it.

20210418_111425_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

Spindles and races all looked good. The seal on this one was jammed in and I had to hit it that hard to get the seal and bearing out. There was one like it on the other side. Good thing I bought new bearings and seals after the first one. Trailer is all fixed up and ready to roll now. I'm going to load up the Explorer behind the coach tomorrow and take it for a little test drive. I'm not sure how it will go trying to back up with the trailer on the coach. I did move it around a bit in the driveway, but that isn't the same as trying to back into a camp site.

View attachment 568911

j

I've been staring at this picture for 2 days and just figured out what is missing, BEER

Out camping again at a SP not far from home. Beautiful park, right on the Illinois River just upstream from where it connects to the Mississippi. Nice drive up along the river road.

It rained over night and until about 3 today so we pulled an "Ed" and broke out the puzzles.

20210424_170213_copy_2016x1134.jpg

The rain stopped and we went out for a walk. There is an old church and cemetery from the 1800s right next to the campground. Pretty views of the river.

20210424_164404_copy_2016x1134.jpg

20210424_164520_copy_2016x1134.jpg

And our site.

20210423_175431_copy_2016x1134_1.jpg

j

It rained over night and until about 3 today so we pulled an "Ed" and broke out the puzzles.

View attachment 570253

Jim,

That small square of pieces on the upper left side ....

A piece second row down, third piece over ......

I see where it goes. ::yes::

Looks like a nice looking place to camp. Hope you are settling into the RV.

I got my puzzle box with me this weekend too.

Ed

I mentioned in the Picture of your Campsite thread that this SP is on the Illinois River just up stream from where it joins the Mississippi. The drive up to the park is even more gorgeous than the park itself. The Great River Road runs along side the Mississippi with cliffs on the other side. There are numerous bald eagle nests up on the bluffs and it is very common to see them from November until March. It is a very popular weekend drive. Here is a screen shot from my dashcam.

GHAB0036_1619389395102.jpg

GHAB0037_1619387673530.jpg

j

Last edited:
We did a little decorating today. We didn't want to show up at the Midwest DIS Meet without a little more Mickey. Most of you know we are also beach fans, so we have a tasteful (up for interpretation) mix of beach and Disney. I think we could use a few more Mickey things. There is still one big place in the hall where one of those signed cartoon cells you used to be able to get at HS could go. I should have bought one when I was looking at the Poly art gallery.

Mickey is in the bedroom.

20210501_171026_copy_1134x2016.jpg
20210501_170951_copy_1134x637.jpg

Beach is in the hall and living room.

20210501_173818_copy_1134x2016.jpg

20210501_171045_copy_1134x637.jpg

j

And because I have no faith in no-name trailer tires, even if they do have tread and are load range D (much more than 3500 lb axles need), I have two new spare tires for the car trailer. Made a custom mount for them out of some scrap 1/2 in threaded rod and some galvanized nuts and washers. I did drill the end of the rod and put hitch pins through, just in case the nuts vibrate loose.

20210502_151015_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

We did a little decorating today. We didn't want to show up at the Midwest DIS Meet without a little more Mickey. Most of you know we are also beach fans, so we have a tasteful (up for interpretation) mix of beach and Disney. I think we could use a few more Mickey things. There is still one big place in the hall where one of those signed cartoon cells you used to be able to get at HS could go. I should have bought one when I was looking at the Poly art gallery.

Mickey is in the bedroom.

View attachment 571929
View attachment 571930

Beach is in the hall and living room.

View attachment 571931

View attachment 571932

j

That is a very shiny floor, how often does Donna make you wax it ??

I'm not sure what the prior owners did. The coach has central vac and we use that to sweep up, but the floor really is that shiny. It's one of the first things people notice when they come in.

j
Own it , no one knows differently! :rolleyes1

We are back on the road again.

Pulled into Gulf State Park about 4pm. Checkin was smooth and fast. Setup on site 69 for the week. 20210731_164454_copy_2016x1134.jpg

I was a little scared to venture out to the restaurants on the main drag, so we are at Tacky Jack's on the ICW.

Kind of a favorite. 30 minute wait for a table or no wait at the bar, so here we are enjoying a drink.

20210731_180650_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

That Tacky Jacks in Gulf Shores on the ICW is a favorite of ours for breakfast, Teamubr.

Temps look like they will back down into the 80s after a front comes through on Monday. Then the usual chance of a summer thunder boomer.

Keep the updates and pictures coming this week - I appreciate the effort it requires. I'm headed down there in October.

Ed

PS - what puzzle did you pack for this trip? Inquiring minds want to know....

12384619.jpg

I hope you are right on this, tiggerdad. Ed

Ed,

We have several puzzles, although I didn't bring the 6000 piece monster Donna got me for my birthday.

I'll post up pics through the week. No plans except a sunset sail on Monday.

Funny, Patrick sends me this pic and asks if it's Jim

What are chances you land on the site in front of him? :thumbsup2
We went over to see Patrick when we got back from dinner. He is here for 2 weeks and got in this morning.

We are sitting outside watching the Olympics and enjoying the breeze. I'm sure we will head to the beach tomorrow.

20210731_204116_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter