Germany-adults only QUESTION

JAZBO2

Earning My Ears
Question: Can anyone tell me the differences between the 2009 Germany Family trip and the 2009 Germany Adults Only trip? We are going on the Adults Only trip in September, and I don't really care to see the "Characters"

I can't really answer your specific question about the adults only tour, but there are no DISNEY characters on this tour. You will not see makeup or masks on anyone (which was good for my daughter, because she is scared of characters, even the Disney ones), just costumes/wigs. The "characters" that are present at various locations are not "kid-y" and are more for your education and entertainment, than an incarnation of a cartoon. I would think most of them would still be there, and that you'll enjoy them.
There are a couple that might be more geared towards children, but I always found that they were so wrapped up in the history of the place and the inspiration of the Grimm brothers that it wasn't offensive, even to the teenaged boys we had on our trip!

My wife and I, and a couple from the Chicago area will be joining you on the trip. We all meet two years ago during an adults only trip to Italy. We found it very enjoyable. There were no characters or abundance of Disney hype.

My Dh and daughter(from Chicago) and I will also be on the tour. Two other couples from our Italy tour last year are also going!! It should be a great time!!

:banana: That will be great to meet all of you. We are Jim and Rita, and live in Bartlett, Illinois. We have been looking forward to visiting Germany ever since we had a German exchange student live here when our sons were in High School. We are going to Frankfort a day early, and staying in Munich and extra day after. Our exchange student lives in Munich. We cant wait to see the castles, and I cant wait to try some of that sausage!

We are Debbie and Bernie from the Philadelphia area. My daughter is 25 and I hope there are other young adults on the tour. She is from Chicago and we are all arriving the day of the tour. Lufthansa is the airline for all of us. Looking forward to meeting everyone. We all have direct flights, which is good. However, my DH would rather be in 1st class and not coach!!

My wife and I got the last 2 reservations for this year. We were glad because we didn't even consider a PLAN B, if we couldn't have gotten this trip. My wife is trying to learn a little German. I just want to learn how to say: Gibt es mehr Wurst.

Sorry to barge in, but my DH and I are hoping to visit Germany next fall (prob. on an adults only tour), and I'm interested in the ABD tour and whether you all think it's worth it. I assume you checked other tour companies before deciding on ABD? What made you decide on ABD rather than some other tour company?

I'm anxious to read your trips reports when you get back. Have a great trip!

The choice was purely my wife's decision. The cities we are visiting are exactly the ones she wants to see and the price was right. We know Disney's quality, so we went with it. We are tacking on a extra day before and after, so we will see a couple things not included on the tour, and also visit a friend in Munich. We originally were going for a "see the castles from the river" boat trip, but that did not end in Munich.:banana:

Does anyone know the number of people in the group? On our trip to Italy two years ago there were 26 and that was perfect.

Not yet. I would expect it should arrive sometime next week.

I was reviewing the itinerary today, we have the afternoon off on Day Four in Trendelburg. On the map, it looks like the boondocks, does anyone know if there is anything obvious to do?

Its been years since i was in that area. One of the reasons for taking this tour is to go back and see it again plus experience what i missed. I remember going to Alsfeld and exploring there. I also went to Kassel. :cloud9:

Hello my name is beverly n my husband is jimmy we are going on the trip in sept as well we will be in munich 4days early and then driving to heidelberg on our own i was wondering if anyone else plans on going to munich's octoberfest on our free night and if we might want to make a reservation at a tent

Hello all just wanted to let everyone know i just found out there is 38 for our trip right now but will take up to 40

We received our ABD blue backpack, luggage tags, and trip booklet today for our Sept. 25th Germany trip!!

:confused3 Well there is one day left to the week.Maybe i will receive my package for the Germany trip then.

We just received our backpacks and info today, too!:banana: My dh (Clayton) and I can't wait to meet you all!

Angie:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter