Germany-adults only QUESTION

Are you all packed!! Do you have any packing tips? I have started my packing.We will not arrive until Friday morning. Safe travels and see you soon!

We are packing today. Each of us are wearing pants 2 times, so half as many pants as needed. We found that every hotel has a hair dryer, so my wife is thrilled that she doesn't need to pack that.

We are going a day early too, and staying an extra day in Munich at the end.
So we we be at the Crowne Plaza the extra day. We are coming out of Ohare Airport.......

We are leaving from Ohare on Wednesday on Lufthansa also.

Yep, the 10PM flight. We thought we would get there 1 day early, to catch up on the time......

FINISHING FINAL PACKING....THE LIM:yay::banana:O COMES AT 7PM TONIGHT. THIS TIME TOMORROW, WE BE IN FRANKFORT!

Safe travels! I leave tomorrow at 5:25 pm (Newark) and will be the tired but happy one on Friday morning!!

Thanks Sally,
I will say Hello to the Italy group for you. Also, I will let you know about the trip when I get back.
Debbie

Have a great adventure. Can't wait to hear about it when you return. My DW and have this trip high on our wish list.

Welcome back! We are looking forward to your trip report, if you choose to do one--and we hope you do! We are going at Christmas, and while I know the weather will be coooooold and itineary will be altered a bit, I'm very interested in who your guides were, if you did pre or post nights (and any suggestions for things to do on your own in Heidleberg and Munich), and tips re the hotels. Danke!

This is a trip we would love to take. I would love to read anything you want to share about your trip.

So glad you had a great time. :)

I will try to get a report up within a week. I am not sure about photos yet because my cd player is not working on my computer.

Welcome back! We are looking forward to your trip report, if you choose to do one--and we hope you do! We are going at Christmas, and while I know the weather will be coooooold and itineary will be altered a bit, I'm very interested in who your guides were, if you did pre or post nights (and any suggestions for things to do on your own in Heidleberg and Munich), and tips re the hotels. Danke!

Our guides were Jennae and Marc.
I did do a pre-stay in Heidelberg. The Crown Plaza Hotel is walking distance of 5 to 10 minutes to the Hauptestrasse,the pedelstrian walking avenue. From there i walked down to the river .You can book river cruises there to up and down the river. I did not book any but that is something to do. On my pre-stay i went down the Hauptestrasse to the Holy Ghost Church. It has a walkway up the church steeple. I only made it up 80-90% of the way and looked out the windows to see a view of the town. Going down i injured my ankle and foot because of the foot nerve damage i have. The stairs are steep!
I tried to walk the Philosphers Way but my feet were still sore so i headed back to town to the Jesuit Church . In addition, i walked over to the Old Bridge with the Bridge Monkey .

:teacher:Wear good walking shoes -Haupte Strasse is cobble stone and so is
Rothenberg. I wore sneakers but then changed to a good pair of shoes and it made walking for me better. Maybe differrent for each person. I was able to walk up and down all the castle stairways with no problem wearing shoes. The stairways were not as steep as the church steeple steps.

Our guides were Jennae and Marc.
I did do a pre-stay in Heidelberg. The Crown Plaza Hotel is walking distance of 5 to 10 minutes to the Hauptestrasse,the pedelstrian walking avenue. From there i walked down to the river .You can book river cruises there to up and down the river. I did not book any but that is something to do. On my pre-stay i went down the Hauptestrasse to the Holy Ghost Church. It has a walkway up the church steeple. I only made it up 80-90% of the way and looked out the windows to see a view of the town. Going down i injured my ankle and foot because of the foot nerve damage i have. The stairs are steep!
I tried to walk the Philosphers Way but my feet were still sore so i headed back to town to the Jesuit Church . In addition, i walked over to the Old Bridge with the Bridge Monkey .

Thanks! We definately will be bringing good walking shoes (well, boots given the winter weather!), plus lots of hand warmers, gloves and the usually assortment of winter wear and layers layers layers. The ABD folks told me that one of the guides will be Jennae. I know you were there in late September--were the Oktoberfests starting up yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter