Germany-adults only QUESTION

38 seems a bit large...... Do you think they might add an additional guide for that?

We had close to that number in Italy and in China--and the two guides handled everything beautifully. (These trips are guide-driven, for sure!) I think you'll be in good hands with the two!

Excellent! I will take your word for it. It's our first ABD trip, so it will be new to us......:yay:

Just found out from our bank that we needed to call to authorize use of our debit card at ATMs in Germany.

The wife stopped and picked up our package at the travel agaent. It had been sitting under her desk for a few days. Opened it at home and found the backpacks. They are OK, but have an oily smell to them. Did anyone elses have thia oily smell? There was a CARDBOARD memory box,and then a couple hand grips for the luggage. A cardboard countdown calendar, that is OK, I guess. Lastly was our book, that outlines the trip, but it's the "family" trip itinerary. I would have thought it would desribe the "adults only" trip. :confused3

The wife stopped and picked up our package at the travel agaent. It had been sitting under her desk for a few days. Opened it at home and found the backpacks. They are OK, but have an oily smell to them. Did anyone elses have thia oily smell? There was a CARDBOARD memory box,and then a couple hand grips for the luggage. A cardboard countdown calendar, that is OK, I guess. Lastly was our book, that outlines the trip, but it's the "family" trip itinerary. I would have thought it would desribe the "adults only" trip. :confused3
A lot of the trips, there's really no difference between the Adults-only itinerary and the "family" itinerary. On my SWS trip, the guides said the only difference was that with the kids, they had the Junior Adventurer's night, which we didn't have. Otherwise, they didn't do anything different.

Sayhello

It should still be fun. The ABD person, when asked what the difference was between the family trip and the adults only trip, had no idea at all. :sad2:

I did this trip in October, 2008 with 21 people-16 adults and 5 kids. I felt it was much more suited to adults. The history, churches, castles were not of interest to the kids plus lots of walking. The Stieff factory and the pretzel making were fun for all ages. Adults only trip=more chances to drink beer and not have to worry about your children. The fall colors were spectacular in early October. It is an amazing trip. I hope you have Michael as your Munich day guide-he was the best. We stayed in Munich an extra day and road the open air hop on/off bus out to the Olympic grounds, BMW headquarters and saw alot of the city in an afternoon. You could visits museums and see sites that your brief time with Disney did not cover there. I loved the castles we explored and stayed in and the stories and history that went with each day. This is a fabulous trip and I only hope my next trip to Ireland is as good-my expectations are very high.

I just returned from the Once Upon a Fairytale trip to Germany. The characters were all locals with a wealth of information, so actually quite entertaining. I would have preferred to take this trip without children though!

:cool1:Just 23 more days for me. I am going in a day earlier for the pre-stay .:cloud9:

why do most of you not have a signature or avatar? thats kinda weird and the first thought tht comes to my mind is Pedo Alert!

I think maybe you posted on the wrong board
This is the Adventures by Disney board
I think it's worse than that, because most of the folks on this particular thread *don't* have avatars or signatures. I think they made an assumption based on the title "Germany-adults only QUESTION", and assumed the *question* was of an adult nature, rather than reading the posts, and seeing that they are discussing a Tour for ADULTS ONLY.

Sayhello

THE TIME IS ALMOST HERE WHEN WE LEAVE! WE CAN'T WAIT TO MEET THE GROUP AND SEE SOME CASTLES!:banana:

THE TIME IS ALMOST HERE WHEN WE LEAVE! WE CAN'T WAIT TO MEET THE GROUP AND SEE SOME CASTLES!:banana:

:goodvibes I will be there a day earlier.I decided on this tour/adventure to do a pre-stay at Heidelburg.:)

We are going a day early too, and staying an extra day in Munich at the end.
So we we be at the Crowne Plaza the extra day. We are coming out of Ohare Airport.......

Apparently the only difference is that there are no kids, and no special "kids dinner night."

I have started considering the same tour for September 2010. The timing is good.

That is exactly what I was told. All of the "events" of the trip are the same, just no kids, and no movie night.popcorn::

That is exactly what I was told. All of the "events" of the trip are the same, just no kids, and no movie night.popcorn::

I've been on 2 Adult Only trips, Viva Italia and Emerald Isle. From what I can tell, having not been on any with children, is that the itineraries are the same except maybe an adult group 'night' for more adult beverages if desired and the attention (more like availability) of both guides all the time. Loved both of the trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter