Go with the flow DUDE.....*a few final thoughts 10/19

Yep, Spaceship Earth! And DS5 went on with DH, yep I rode it in English...so did DH :confused: which meant, we had to go back on :laughing: the second time around we did German in for Gramma (MIL was born in Germany) :thumbsup2 Kook, your DD would be proud :hug:
We're always proud of you!

Then we did Nemo...DS5 had a mini-meltdown and we had to leave before riding...so much for just keep swimming :duck: No one was too upset we left, thank goodness...
We used to call the opposite of a mini-meltdown the total baby break-down. Those aren't pretty:sad2:

We then hit The Land :woohoo: This time Living with the Land was open and we got front row!! Initially no one wanted to go on, but then they were so excited that we bought a seed planting kit and a plant :goodvibes DH LOVES that ride (me too)...we had a little wait for our Soarin' FP so we grabbed some food from Sunshine Seasons. IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD. Surprisingly EVERYONE found something delish to eat. This will be another must do on a future trip. DS wanted fish tacos plain with nothing else on the plate, they happily accommodated him and gave him a free dessert
Being in the front of anything is still so cool to me - no heads (or feet on Soarin') to look at:thumbsup2

Then it was time to get back on Soarin DD7 was a little scared this time..yes my ToT princess freaked herself out. However we all had a great ride!
She was very brave. DD finally told us last trip that she doesn't like Soarin' because she feels like she might fall right out. I don't know how many times we've been on that and this was news to me.

Then onto Figment! This ride was way too much for DS5, too dark, too loud, too smelly
:rotfl:

We could call this our potty tour of bathrooms around WS, as everyone felt the need to have bathroom breaks and not all at the same time of course
Pee around the world?

Here's a pic Janet's DD took with us (I am holding the hipster)
Love the photo and gift:thumbsup2

Off to the Three Caballeros we went, and it was enough of a chill out to give us a quick second wind
No wait, right? I'm made fun of for having to go on that ride each visit. I have no shame.

The plan was to head to DTD...

I wanted to take the OKW boat to DTD, everyone else wanted to take the bus....well Mom won. We waited...and waited....and waited...and watched 4 DTD buses pass :confused3 as I was ready to give up a boat came..and the captain had quite the time docking. Yes my friends we got on anyway...
Isn't that how it always happens? What you don't need keeps on comin':sad2:

the waitress game over and asked how everything was, and before I could get a word out he said "This is too hard I can't eat it" She immediately asked did he want a new one or something different.."I would like a hot dog please" and all was well with the world
Gotta love Disney:thumbsup2

As we left, they asked the kids if they wanted the balloons...why YES!!!!
Now, we were remiss in our balloon gifting this trip, but Maddie remembered her RC angel balloon release (Kathy your dad was mentioned..as were Sheila and Christine's boys they let all the balloons go except one Princess one which Bree was not giving up
Bree is one smart cookie and all your kids are so thoughtful.

Meanwhile, I got to take the other three to MK!!! seemed like a good idea at the time ;)
Oh, oh...

Once we were seated, all was good
Phew.

Speaking of royalty, I did order some tiaras for my Princesses...and an edible chocolate crown dessert for my Prince
So cute of you.

They loved the castle, and the food. DD9 had at least 4 Mickey Head blueberry muffins, and DS5 had refills of French toast sticks and then decided he could use a chocolate milk...as you wish ...
This sounds like it was a hit and a must-do for every trip?

I really wished the rest of the family was there because there were some great interactions with the Princesses...see if you can guess Handsome's favorite

The wishing part......with someone peeking...

And someone very serious about her wish..

I have to say that CRT was ABSOLUTELY worth every penny
Love the photos and how everyone was in on the fun.

Although there was more to see and do, the overall lesson learned was "Go with the flow"...there is always a next time. And YES, WDW was a success and there will be a next time....next August...we are ready and booked. We are doing Universal as well, but which hotel who knows???
:yay:

DH will only have 2 weeks off next August so the tentative plan is...

4 nights Treasure Island, 3 nights Universal, 7 nights Disney at Polynesian Garden View Club level :flower3: I am trying to plan it around his on call weeks so he gets the extra 2 days off for driving...
This is erasable ink, right?:rolleyes1

This time we took the bus to DTD :rotfl:
Did the boat come first?:rolleyes:

We always get a family pic here (our last one had my oldest DS in it..so this was bittersweet as he really doesn't keep contact with us)..
Looks to me like your oldest DS takes a great family photo;):hug:

As DH says, we are creating new happy memories
DH is right.

Our times was brief, but memorable! DD8 and her walked hand in hand to the boat launch...Deena has made quite the impression on my girls and they love her so much. DS13 was quite taken by her as well....he thought she was just wonderful
:wave: Howdy, Deena! I hope you're still loving FL. Love the photo and did you pick up some soaps while you were there. I remember how you loved those when you'd visit WDW.

It was a great vacation, and I can't wait for August 2015!

Thank you all for joining in on my adventures

Soon it will be time for a PTR

Loved all the photos and the pumpkin one is especially cute. Thank you for sharing your new memories with us:hug:

I'm catching up since we just got home last Saturday....sorry I missed so many updates!

But, it sounds like y'all had a wonderful trip!

I tried to learn from you & "go with the flow" more this year. I only made Rope Drop one day!! :eek: But, it was all good & I'm glad I took some notes from you. :thumbsup2

Hiya :wave2: In between loads of laundry, I finally got caught up to the end....then to find out it's over!!! :upsidedow Y'all captured lots of great shots with the kids. They all look extremely happy (who wouldn't at Disney, right??!) ;) You have a precious family! Love the CRT shots. Awesome place, and I agree...worth the money, especially for the little ones. And I've never thought about trying Spaceship earth in another language :scratchin Maybe next time :laughing: I'm liking your 2015 trip lineup!!! Sounds fabulous!!! Oh...and Janet...thanks for posting the DisMeet pic:thumbsup2 Very nice and how special for all of y'all to meet up!

Don't work too hard, friend. Try and have a restful weekend!

:goodvibes Heather
Hi Heather, glad you had some DIS time to catch up :hug: It was such a great trip, DH and I are still figuring out 2015 whether we will do onsite at Universal or just stay put. Some will depend if they have any special offers which may be doubtful based on the new Diagon Alley area and how booked up they were this summer..but you never know. He also said he can't get excited about anything because he knows no matter what I say I'll change it :rolleyes2 There IS a first time for everything, right?? :goodvibes

No, your report was interesting, it was my response that was the snoozer. I was typing when I fell asleep.

I haven't seen many reviews of the Cape May breakfast. It actually was my favorite character meal, but I'm not sure how much weight to give that- I have only done Cape May breakfast, Chef Mickey breakfast, Tusker House breakfast and Crystal Palace lunch. And when we went to Cape May, they still had Chip and Dale, my favorite characters! Food was great and I love the beach attire the characters wear. But it has been around 6 years since we have done any character meals. :(
Thanks Dee :hug: we liked how relaxed it was, compared to Chef Mickeys especially..I mean it's hard to mess up Mickey Waffles IMO ;)

We're always proud of you!

Awww thank you :hug:
We used to call the opposite of a mini-meltdown the total baby break-down. Those aren't pretty:sad2:

They are horrible

Being in the front of anything is still so cool to me - no heads (or feet on Soarin') to look at:thumbsup2

Great minds my friend
She was very brave. DD finally told us last trip that she doesn't like Soarin' because she feels like she might fall right out. I don't know how many times we've been on that and this was news to me.
Poor DD....maybe they all get the insecure feeling with the legs dangling and all....:confused3

Pee around the world?

:rotfl: Perfect title for my PTR!!

Isn't that how it always happens? What you don't need keeps on comin':sad2:

Kind of like always picking the longest checkout line...which I am notorious for

Bree is one smart cookie and all your kids are so thoughtful.

They are great kiddos!

This sounds like it was a hit and a must-do for every trip?
Maddie said Crystal Palace instead...maybe O'Hana since she loves Stitch

This is erasable ink, right
Of course.....

Did the boat come first?
Since the bus stops are all the way at the other end we just waited...it wasn't too bad :crowded:

DH is right.
Sometimes he is....sometimes

Loved all the photos and the pumpkin one is especially cute. Thank you for sharing your new memories with us
:hug: Thank you for checking it out! It was a great trip!

I'm catching up since we just got home last Saturday....sorry I missed so many updates!

But, it sounds like y'all had a wonderful trip!

I tried to learn from you & "go with the flow" more this year. I only made Rope Drop one day!! But, it was all good & I'm glad I took some notes from you.
Welcome back to reality Amanda :hug: I still struggled with the go with the flow, but I am learning.....and everyone had a blast so it is all good!!!

A few final thoughts to take with me for my 2015 planning.....

Fast passes need to be scheduled for evenings...no pressure to get up and go go go

We need to allow for more pool/resort time

I don't like having a kitchen, it is great for the beach...loved the space and the W/D BUT I did an awful lot of cooking/cleaning for a vacation

A week is the perfect length of stay for us, as there will always be more to see and do BUT there IS always a next time

Jeanette, I love your final thoughts. I found getting the FP+ for the evening was perfect for us. And I definitely find more pool/resort time to be great. I can't wait to hear about the 2015 plans.

More pool time is always a plus:thumbsup2 Makes for a much more relaxing trip for sure. Don't blame you about the kitchen. When I'm on vacation, I hate to cook...I do enough of it at home ;) Your family will definitely enjoy the later FPs...good idea. Can't wait to see where you finally end up in 2015 :laughing::hug:

Happy Planning!!
Heather

I think you learn things on every trip that help you prepare for an even better vacation in the future. It seems like your Go With the Flow attitude resulted in a trip that worked for everyone in your family.

Thanks for the great report!

:goodvibes

Jeanette, I love your final thoughts. I found getting the FP+ for the evening was perfect for us. And I definitely find more pool/resort time to be great. I can't wait to hear about the 2015 plans.
Thanks Kathy :hug: I can't believe that I haven't changed my WDW resort since I booked a month ago....crazy :rotfl: The other thing I did learn is PH are TOTALLY worth the cost when you don't know what everyone is going to feel like doing. I felt bad not letting them swim more, and then at night I got cold getting out of the pool :rolleyes1

More pool time is always a plus:thumbsup2 Makes for a much more relaxing trip for sure. Don't blame you about the kitchen. When I'm on vacation, I hate to cook...I do enough of it at home ;) Your family will definitely enjoy the later FPs...good idea. Can't wait to see where you finally end up in 2015 :laughing::hug:

Happy Planning!!
Heather
Haha Heather, it will be some stretch if I don't change anything :rotfl2: We've already discussed not doing Universal and adding on a Disney day or two depending on discounts for US. But I am still getting yelled at because I said 2015 we would definitely do Universal :duck:

I think you learn things on every trip that help you prepare for an even better vacation in the future. It seems like your Go With the Flow attitude resulted in a trip that worked for everyone in your family.

Thanks for the great report!

:goodvibes
Thanks Dee, it really was much better than I could've hoped for. :lovestruc You are very welcome, I am sorry I am sure I forgot stuff here and there....:badpc:

Love your final thoughts - when the kids were growing up we found on our August trips 6 ngts to be perfect for us. For some reason 7 always felt a bit too long and less than 6 was too short. We never visited a park everyday and would have at least one day, sometimes two, for resort time. (Pool, boat rental etc.) DTD and so on. Our Jan/Feb winter getaways were always 3/4 ngts at the Polynesian. Summer trips the kids liked to switch between CR and Polynesian (mostly Poly, of course).

No kitchen for you next time!! :sad2: The Polynesian will be PERFECT and I can hardly wait for the planing....PTR! :dance3:

(wish our dates could overlap but with Sophia beginning school the third week of August, it will likely be an adult trip for me around Labor Day.) :love:

Love your final thoughts - when the kids were growing up we found on our August trips 6 ngts to be perfect for us. For some reason 7 always felt a bit too long and less than 6 was too short. We never visited a park everyday and would have at least one day, sometimes two, for resort time. (Pool, boat rental etc.) DTD and so on. Our Jan/Feb winter getaways were always 3/4 ngts at the Polynesian. Summer trips the kids liked to switch between CR and Polynesian (mostly Poly, of course). No kitchen for you next time!! :sad2: The Polynesian will be PERFECT and I can hardly wait for the planing....PTR! :dance3: (wish our dates could overlap but with Sophia beginning school the third week of August, it will likely be an adult trip for me around Labor Day.) :love:
thank you Christine :hug: I have been feeling very Old Faithful Club today. I'm holding onto poly though. DH doesn't want to do both Disney and universal because of cost of two sets tickets and moving hotels I was so upset that he wanted me to cancel disney but he said whatever is cheaper and gives us more relaxing pool time.. Well it's going to be Disney of course lol

Sorry for poor grammar but I'm posting from my phone

thank you Christine :hug: I have been feeling very Old Faithful Club today. I'm holding onto poly though. DH doesn't want to do both Disney and universal because of cost of two sets tickets and moving hotels I was so upset that he wanted me to cancel disney but he said whatever is cheaper and gives us more relaxing pool time.. Well it's going to be Disney of course lol

Sorry for poor grammar but I'm posting from my phone

Oh, yes, I do hope you can stay with Disney trip rather than the dark side only. Fingers crossed! :goodvibes Funny you should mention the Old Faithful Club...WL has crossed my mind as well for next year...and BC, which should be lovely by then. Always enjoy staying a new room! It would be slightly easier on my budget as well...just not sure I can pass on our beloved Polynesian Village Resort. :love: :grouphug:
I think Disney is looking good!! I am looking forward to the WL pool completion

I haven't read anything about the new pool - any rumors or pics of what it will look like finished? :flower3: :hug:
I was checking out Kooks thread and I am horrible at trying to figure it out lol. I will say zero entry and a new kiddie area would make it a contender. WL may not have a castle as a pool backdrop but it is so serene and the brook is soooo nice. I just have a love for WL, holding on to Poly I am I am I am

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter