Go with the flow DUDE.....*a few final thoughts 10/19

I really wished the rest of the family was there because there were some great interactions with the Princesses...see if you can guess Handsome's favorite princess:

Jasmine was lovely :goodvibes

The wishing part......with someone peeking...[

And someone very serious about her wish..

I have to say that CRT was ABSOLUTELY worth every pennypixiedust:

Jeanette, every time I catch up, I fall behind again.

Nice finish to your Epcot Day.

Sorry for the long wait for the boat (they only come every 20 minutes) and then you got to DTD and it was raining and you had to come back. But in a way, that's also a good thing because you got to eat at Olivia's...a true hidden gem...and have a Turtle Krawl in an actual glass. :goodvibes

I'm glad everyone enjoyed their meal.

One of these days I am going to eat in Cinderella's castle...I swear! Looks wonderful and it looks like the girls really enjoyed it.

And thank you very much for remembering my dad when you released the balloons. :hug:

You added more after I posted.

Great photos with the princesses. I am guessing Snow White was the favorite.

Jeanette, every time I catch up, I fall behind again.

Nice finish to your Epcot Day.

Sorry for the long wait for the boat (they only come every 20 minutes) and then you got to DTD and it was raining and you had to come back. But in a way, that's also a good thing because you got to eat at Olivia's...a true hidden gem...and have a Turtle Krawl in an actual glass. :goodvibes

I'm glad everyone enjoyed their meal.

One of these days I am going to eat in Cinderella's castle...I swear! Looks wonderful and it looks like the girls really enjoyed it.

And thank you very much for remembering my dad when you released the balloons. :hug:
I have to give Maddie the credit, she was tugging my arm as soon as we got outside..."Balloons for the Angels Mommy" :littleangel: I am blessed she remembers this every year since 2010 princess: Olivia's was yummy, and I wasn't much in the mood for trekking around DTD that night anyway :rotfl2: Of course I remembered your Dad (and I hope he liked OKW like his daughter :goodvibes ) The Turtle Crawl is better in a glass IMO....and I took two for the walk back to the villa as well

You added more after I posted.

Great photos with the princesses. I am guessing Snow White was the favorite.
The winner is princess: Jasmine

He actually asked for his own hug (and DH said he was a little jealous when he saw the pic ;) )

The rest of our crew was going to meet us at MK, but they were loving the pool :beach:

I had SDMT, Space Mountain and BTMRR FP...

First we did SDMT, I asked the CM if it would be a problem for DD9 and DD7 to ride together (since DD7 is not yet 48 inches). The CM said as long as she is 7 or older no problem...thank goodness I thought...

We get on the ride, and two CMs ask her age, the second apparently didn't believe her and asked me...to which I reply she is 7 her DOB is 5-13-2007 ;)

The one CM replies to me, if you say she is seven, she must be then....just as sarcastically I reply "you think??? I am pretty sure I know how old she is"

Long story short, we rode..however this interaction left me :crazy2: I get the safety issue, but I do not need attitude..Bree struggles enough with her size, give us all a break...she is 7.

Moving on.....we did a DAS for Buzz and hit Peoplemover. The girls really wanted to do Space Mtn so I tried to talk DS5 into it....he did it..not happy with me but he did it.

I made up for it by getting him immediately onto Buzz!! However, we got stuck...so after 10 minutes of being stopped..we finished the ride, and decided to head back for some swimming :goodvibes

So we get back to OKW about 2pm, and just as we get our suits on...the rest of the waterlogged Pas clan returns to the villa :sad:

Now, I love my babes but after 5 hours at MK with the three loves...I was not in the mood to do the pool solo....I know Bad Mommy...so we just chilled a bit. I asked if anyone wanted to hit up a park (our last park day). Surprisingly everyone was pretty spent. Okay, duly noted a week at WDW is more than enough for my family. Although there was more to see and do, the overall lesson learned was "Go with the flow"...there is always a next time. And YES, WDW was a success and there will be a next time....next August...we are ready and booked. We are doing Universal as well, but which hotel who knows???

DH will only have 2 weeks off next August so the tentative plan is...

4 nights Treasure Island, 3 nights Universal, 7 nights Disney at Polynesian Garden View Club level :flower3: I am trying to plan it around his on call weeks so he gets the extra 2 days off for driving...

And on our final evening..we FINALLY did DTD :thumbsup2

This time we took the bus to DTD :rotfl:

DD9 was on a mission to get a souvenir! We hit every store! The co-op store was SWEET! Loved it!!!! Didn't get anything except DD8 bought a bracelet and one for her friend luvluvluv who we would be seeing later....

We were at the Lego store a long time..I got some pretzel nuggets to sit and chat with DH while the kids enjoyed themselves

Then we headed back to make a Mr. Potato Head!! And DD9 found her toy, a Stitch :goodvibes which she wouldn't do a pic....

We always get a family pic here (our last one had my oldest DS in it..so this was bittersweet as he really doesn't keep contact with us)..

As DH says, we are creating new happy memories

DTD is definitely different with the construction walls up, but I look forward to "Disney Springs"

We started getting hungry as the sun went down so we grabbed CS from Cookes of Dublin (my family was definitely loving Fish and chips) and waited to see our DISfriend who soon found us :lovestruc

Our times was brief, but memorable! DD8 and her walked hand in hand to the boat launch...Deena has made quite the impression on my girls and they love her so much. DS13 was quite taken by her as well....he thought she was just wonderful

We were all kinda teary eyed taking the boat back to OKW, both saying bye to our friend...and ending the last day. The clouds started in....we made it back...grabbed a drink or 4 from Gurgling Suitcase (same bartender almost everynight...Joe never gets a day off I think) and headed back to the villa to watch some Disney cartoons :sad:

We left the next morning....a little after checkout time :rolleyes2

It was a great vacation, and I can't wait for August 2015!

Thank you all for joining in on my adventures :grouphug:

Soon it will be time for a PTR pixiedust:

Are our tickers the same? Does yours really say 10 months until your next WDW trip?
If so, than our trips definitely overlap and we might have a chance to finally meet. :thumbsup2

Okay, need to get down from cloud 9 again - such an awesome day today. :cheer2:

And ......... great update btw! Love the pics of CRT. The photos with the princesses are priceless.
Your little man looks so serious doing Buzz. :thumbsup2
And those Marie pics are just so cute. :goodvibes

Looks like a fun trip to DTD and DISmeet!

Can't wait for a PTR! Please post a link here, so I won't miss it. :goodvibes

Really enjoyed your report. We are planning to stay at OKW in June so it was good to know you had a positive experience there. We'll have to put Olivia's on our dining list. Thanks!!!

Oh, Jeanette, seeing the balloon release pics took my breath away...thank you so very much for remembering Sheila's boys, my Toby and Kathy's dad...typing through misty eyes...:love:

Wow. I cannot get over how many attractions your kiddos go on! What fun! LOVE love love the CRT pictures! Jasmine looks very sweet....Sophia's Jasmine looked like an angry female body builder. :confused3 She was the only Princess Mia was able to get a picture with Sophia (Sophia was too shy). So happy you all had so much fun at CRT. :goodvibes :cool1:

Sorry your TR is over... Guess I will look forward to a PTR for next August!! ::yes:: :cheer2:

(The DIS never notififies me of posts ...again. Darn...but it finally dawned on me to come check for updates on the TR's I am "trying" to follow. ;) )

You commented about my World Showcase pictures in my report, but the end of your stay in EPCOT is more typical of our trips when the boys are with me- Maelstrom (too bad it wasn't running), Mexico, Test Track, Mission Space.

No strolling through Italy and France with the kids!

I agree with you about the boat ride from OKW to/from DTD. Such a pretty trip! Too bad you had to turn right around because of the rain.

I haven't eaten at Olivia's but I hear nothing but raves. Glad you had a good meal there.

That is very sweet that the kids did a balloon release in honor of your friends' loved ones. :grouphug:

Now on to read about CRT (another place I have never been)

:goodvibes

I'm glad you had such a positive experience at CRT. You have some really great pictures!

A nice final roundup of rides at MK! :cool1: for SDMT, Space, Buzz and the Peoplemover. Boo to the CM with the attitude!

Edit to add- literally fell asleep holding my computer last night while responding. I really shouldn't DIS past 10 pm.

The pictures with Marie the cat are too cute!

Sounds like a very successful night overall at DTD- smart move waiting until the weather cooperated! What a way to end your trip, with a meet with a dear friend!

I really enjoyed your trip report, Jeanette! It was so fun getting to know you and your family.

I am excited about your vacation plans for next year- a combination of beach, Disney and Universal is perfect!

:goodvibes:

Jeanette, what a fun last day (love the picture at DTD with all of you...Mark and I do that every year too).

Yay for more Gurgling Suitcase cocktails and then Disney movies.

Thanks for sharing your TR with us...I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Are our tickers the same? Does yours really say 10 months until your next WDW trip?
If so, than our trips definitely overlap and we might have a chance to finally meet.

Okay, need to get down from cloud 9 again - such an awesome day today.

And ......... great update btw! Love the pics of CRT. The photos with the princesses are priceless.
Your little man looks so serious doing Buzz.
And those Marie pics are just so cute.

Looks like a fun trip to DTD and DISmeet!

Can't wait for a PTR! Please post a link here, so I won't miss it. :goodvibes
I will Karin!!! And YES!!! We may ACTUALLY meet in August!!!!! :hug: SWEET!!!

Really enjoyed your report. We are planning to stay at OKW in June so it was good to know you had a positive experience there. We'll have to put Olivia's on our dining list. Thanks!!!
Thank you! Sorry I didn't have more OKW pics, I relied mostly on Memory Maker pics :flower3: Rest assured, OKW is a great resort!!! You'll have a great time!

Oh, Jeanette, seeing the balloon release pics took my breath away...thank you so very much for remembering Sheila's boys, my Toby and Kathy's dad...typing through misty eyes..

Wow. I cannot get over how many attractions your kiddos go on! What fun! LOVE love love the CRT pictures! Jasmine looks very sweet....Sophia's Jasmine looked like an angry female body builder. She was the only Princess Mia was able to get a picture with Sophia (Sophia was too shy). So happy you all had so much fun at CRT.

Sorry your TR is over... Guess I will look forward to a PTR for next August!!
:hug: My Maddie never forgets a thing, it's incredible!! She still remembers the GF balloon release (our very first one). Disney is so very magical it is only fitting our Angels hang out there pixiedust:

Classes for me resume Monday so I figured I better complete this TR :rotfl2:

Oh my an angry bodybuilder, that makes me chuckle..but poor poor Sophia princess: Jasmine and Snow White were so very sweet with the kids. Above and beyond just a smile for the picture, I was teary eyed the whole breakfast. More meet and greets are definitely in our future. Maddie wants Crystal Palace and Chef Mickeys so far :hyper:

Love that! I am not a bag person- but the pattern and colors on this are fantastic. What an incredibly wonderful gift!
Thank you Dee! I was so teary-eyed....okay as you may see I am WAY emotional at Disney...DISfriends ROCK :grouphug:

You commented about my World Showcase pictures in my report, but the end of your stay in EPCOT is more typical of our trips when the boys are with me- Maelstrom (too bad it wasn't running), Mexico, Test Track, Mission Space.

No strolling through Italy and France with the kids!

I agree with you about the boat ride from OKW to/from DTD. Such a pretty trip! Too bad you had to turn right around because of the rain.

I haven't eaten at Olivia's but I hear nothing but raves. Glad you had a good meal there.

That is very sweet that the kids did a balloon release in honor of your friends' loved ones. :grouphug:

Now on to read about CRT (another place I have never been)

:goodvibes
Thanks Dee :hug: WS is well..rushed with the kids. DH mentioned a kids club perhaps next trip so we can do WS. DS will be 14, but he wouldn't mind tagging along for food. It's not quite a romantic stroll, but it may be the best I can do until I get a hubby and me trip :blush: We also have done the balloon gifting, but my memory is bad anymore.....:upsidedow We also lost a close DISfriend junglecruiser (I am sure you remember our Sarah as she loved that BC Deluxe room almost as much as her GF). My Maddie always speaks of her as well as my friend Sarah who loved GF, they texted back and forth on our girls trip as we ate in the GF Cafe

Ok...enough sappiness....;)

I'm glad you had such a positive experience at CRT. You have some really great pictures!

A nice final roundup of rides at MK! :cool1: for SDMT, Space, Buzz and the Peoplemover. Boo to the CM with the attitude!

Edit to add- literally fell asleep holding my computer last night while responding. I really shouldn't DIS past 10 pm.

The pictures with Marie the cat are too cute!

Sounds like a very successful night overall at DTD- smart move waiting until the weather cooperated! What a way to end your trip, with a meet with a dear friend!

I really enjoyed your trip report, Jeanette! It was so fun getting to know you and your family.

I am excited about your vacation plans for next year- a combination of beach, Disney and Universal is perfect!

:goodvibes:
Awwww, so sorry I put you to sleep :rotfl: I was nervous about CRT, but SO glad we did it! Like many have said, it's definitely not about the food but the experience princess: Since, Maddie is on a character buffet kick...how's Cafe May reviewing these days :) I went YEARS ago and it wasn't crowded at all....but your review of Captains Grille YUM:beach:

Jeanette, what a fun last day (love the picture at DTD with all of you...Mark and I do that every year too).

Yay for more Gurgling Suitcase cocktails and then Disney movies.

Thanks for sharing your TR with us...I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
Thank you Kathy :hug: I am sure I missed some, the little details get so easily forgotten after the fact. It was so much fun going over all the pics I MISS DISNEY :sad:

Now, I'll have time to stay up to date with you, Dee, and Karin :grouphug:

Thank you my friends!!!! :flower3:

Jeanette :flower3:
Loving all your wonderful pix! We loved the A&E interaction as well. So happy that Bree and handsome had such a great time with them. They were spot on in character. :thumbsup2

We did CRT back in ’07 and were pleasantly surprised that it was so nice! Great princess interaction and the food was good too. So Jasmine was a big hit.  DH will have to go next time. :goodvibes

Marie pix are so cute! That is one character we haven’t “met” yet.

We tried the Lobster Mac n’ cheese at CHH too.. SOO good! Paul got 2 of them, one to eat, one to "share", but he ended up eating most of it...gowing boys! :)

I love that you ride SpaceEarth with different languages! :rotfl2: We’ll have to try that next time. Darn, I missed the cronut! Just was too full (and hot) when we were there in August. Thought we might get back to Epcot but we didn't.

Oh I love that pix of us in POTC shop! :love: We were bound and determined to meet up with you that night to give you your bday gift. Somehow we have to be in Disney that same time again! This band schedule of Sam’s really puts limits on my Disneying :)

Chef Mickey’s is a favorite character meal of ours... It would be so much fun to join you on the meal.

I know I’m missing comments... but I know you understand that I’m a band mom and it takes over my life in the fall.. luv you! :hug:

Jeanette :flower3:
Loving all your wonderful pix! We loved the A&E interaction as well. So happy that Bree and handsome had such a great time with them. They were spot on in character. :thumbsup2

We did CRT back in ’07 and were pleasantly surprised that it was so nice! Great princess interaction and the food was good too. So Jasmine was a big hit.  DH will have to go next time. :goodvibes

Marie pix are so cute! That is one character we haven’t “met” yet.

We tried the Lobster Mac n’ cheese at CHH too.. SOO good! Paul got 2 of them, one to eat, one to "share", but he ended up eating most of it...gowing boys! :)

I love that you ride SpaceEarth with different languages! :rotfl2: We’ll have to try that next time. Darn, I missed the cronut! Just was too full (and hot) when we were there in August. Thought we might get back to Epcot but we didn't.

Oh I love that pix of us in POTC shop! :love: We were bound and determined to meet up with you that night to give you your bday gift. Somehow we have to be in Disney that same time again! This band schedule of Sam’s really puts limits on my Disneying :)

Chef Mickey’s is a favorite character meal of ours... It would be so much fun to join you on the meal.

I know I’m missing comments... but I know you understand that I’m a band mom and it takes over my life in the fall.. luv you! :hug:

OOOOOHHHHH Chef Mickey would be fun, and of course I get the band dates in the summer and how incredibly busy you are :hug: MISS YOU!! I am a little worried about Brandon's schedule, but we shall see and he would rather do vacation. We finally turned Kate around, she wants to go back to Disney (and Universal) she said there is so much she wants to do still :hyper: Just got to keep working on the Dad :duck: And if I haven't mentioned it enough, your Sam is pure gold...like her Mom :hug: Love you too!

:rotfl2: about Paul! Maybe Brandon needs a share plate too ;) Next trip, cronuts on me! :goodvibes We can just sneak out on a EMH night and hop the monorail....because I KNOW you'll be at Poly with me :lovestruc

Hiya :wave2: In between loads of laundry, I finally got caught up to the end....then to find out it's over!!! :upsidedow Y'all captured lots of great shots with the kids. They all look extremely happy (who wouldn't at Disney, right??!) ;) You have a precious family! Love the CRT shots. Awesome place, and I agree...worth the money, especially for the little ones. And I've never thought about trying Spaceship earth in another language :scratchin Maybe next time :laughing: I'm liking your 2015 trip lineup!!! Sounds fabulous!!! Oh...and Janet...thanks for posting the DisMeet pic:thumbsup2 Very nice and how special for all of y'all to meet up!

Don't work too hard, friend. Try and have a restful weekend!

:goodvibes Heather

Awwww, so sorry I put you to sleep :rotfl: I was nervous about CRT, but SO glad we did it! Like many have said, it's definitely not about the food but the experience princess: Since, Maddie is on a character buffet kick...how's Cafe May reviewing these days :) I went YEARS ago and it wasn't crowded at all....but your review of Captains Grille YUM:beach:

No, your report was interesting, it was my response that was the snoozer. I was typing when I fell asleep.

:rotfl:

I haven't seen many reviews of the Cape May breakfast. It actually was my favorite character meal, but I'm not sure how much weight to give that- I have only done Cape May breakfast, Chef Mickey breakfast, Tusker House breakfast and Crystal Palace lunch. And when we went to Cape May, they still had Chip and Dale, my favorite characters! Food was great and I love the beach attire the characters wear. But it has been around 6 years since we have done any character meals. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter